Ideas for Wall Mechanics, Combat Strategy, and Resource Management Enhancements

Hey Farthest Frontier community and devs,

Hope everyone’s doing great! As a fellow city-builder and medieval strategy enthusiast, I’ve been brainstorming some ways to amp up our gameplay. Here’s what I’ve come up with:

Enhanced Wall Construction:

• Terrain Flexibility: Currently, building walls can be a bit of a headache. Why should walls only be built on leveled terrain? I reckon we should be able to construct walls on any traversable land. If a builder can get there, why not a wall? This change would allow us to fortify every possible point, enhancing our strategic options.
  • Diagonal Walls: Adding diagonal walls would really open up our defensive and aesthetic possibilities. Plus, it’s a smart way to conserve resources – something to think about for our virtual environment!
  • Automatic Gates: It would be super handy if gates could automatically be placed where walls intersect with paths. This would streamline the building process and integrate our paths and fortifications more smoothly.
  • Defensive Features with Tiers: Instead of just jumping from wooden to stone walls, how about tiered defenses? Starting with simple palisades and moving up to more advanced structures that can be manned, equipped with towers, kill zones, or boiling oil defenses – this would really deepen the late-game defensive gameplay.

Resource Management Tools:

• A user-friendly interface for managing resources would be a huge help. Someway to match our production with our consumption and see how the production chain is going would be really helpful. We could better anticipate and prepare for construction and other demands, avoiding shortages and surpluses.

Combat System Improvements:

• Tactical Formations: The ability to choose formations for our units during battles could add a whole new tactical layer to our warfare.

• Unit Division: Being able to split our forces into ranged and melee groups would allow for more complex and engaging battle strategies.

• More Enemy Types: As the game progresses, the only difference between the raids is the number of enemies that come. Once you figure it out your defenses, it becomes really easy to just funnel them into a death trap of watch towers. Instead of just becoming more numerous, you could have to face other types of enemies. Like actual soldiers from another kingdom that came to wage war. They could have better armor and weapons, walk in formation, prevent traders to come in, use siege weapons to tear down your walls and things like that.

Waterfront Exploitation and Fishing Advancements:

• Riverside Constructions: Let’s build piers and other structures along rivers or water bodies to boost our fishing productivity.
  • Fishing Vessels: Small boats for fishing would be a great addition, diversifying our food sources and supporting our growing population.

Environmental Impact:

• Implementing real consequences for resource exploitation like deforestation, over fishing and over hunting would add realism and challenge to the game. It would encourage us to think sustainably and strategically about resource management.

I’m really excited to hear what you think about these suggestions and to see where our conversation leads us. Let’s keep building and brainstorming together!

Best regards, Yumatan

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you read this?

As for water based stuff

If you overfish or hunt then those resources will dry up/disappear at least for a while.

1 Like

No, I actually haven’t read that before. Thanks for sending it to my direction, it looks awesome. Can’t wait for the next updates.

Still, I do think a better defensive wall system would be nice to have in the future. This game is awesome.

Changes/additions to walls have been asked for several times, whether we’ll get any of them only Crate knows.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.