Importing stuff from Titan Quest

If you go to the Assets tab of a mod, you can right click and import a “New” mesh/animation/texture. No idea if that’s how it works but … that’s an option. Never worked with custom meshes in TQ so I can’t say. We never had that ability to use completely new ones til recently.

Well they recently added more mod support for TQ and even a steam workshop page.

Yes I remember your mod :frowning: Sad story. Really wish someone would have released a map mod for TQ besides Lilith! Yours looked good, as did a few of the others that never panned out. Now just waiting for Atlantis team to abandon it’s mod…

Well they recently added more mod support for TQ and even a steam workshop page.

Yes I remember your mod :frowning: Sad story. Really wish someone would have released a map mod for TQ besides Lilith! Yours looked good, as did a few of the others that never panned out. Now just waiting for Atlantis team to abandon it’s mod…

It doesn’t works I think that the staff has already seen this topic so I don’t think if I pm them they would answer, anyway gonna try other things they added monster so I can do it.

I haven’t seen anyone report success yet, and I’ve tried for a few hours. We can’t import PSD as tex even though that was obviously intended functionality, I filed a bug about it. I think the problem is just the file browse gui, but it does the actual conversions by command line and an external tool, which I posted the help dialog about. I’m not a strong graphics guy, I just ended up learning way more than I wanted to while trying to get artists to make graphics for my (failed) game.

yeah PSD/DDS don’t work well with the manager sometimes, TGA on the other hand works very well.

Yes importing textures work well, the things who is difficult is to import meshes as they implanted a double import “.MAX” and “.MIF” and even if I use these the “OK” button is unusable.

Don’t worry about it, Diegocles and me don’t see that like something that we lost… it was just experience, our mistake was try to “bite a big piece of cake” .

Now we gonna work with something smaller that we want to add to the main campaing (something like fallout modders do… new mission and dungeons), in order to improve GD experience.

Was good timework with “The Revenge of the Titans” and “Tromos Arkontis” (we have everithing saved from the last one)… but I hope we can apply what we learned on GD mods.

And… if We can import and use things from TQ will be a plus!!!

Don’t worry about it, Diegocles and me don’t see that like something that we lost… it was just experience, our mistake was try to “bite a big piece of cake” .

Now we gonna work with something smaller that we want to add to the main campaing (something like fallout modders do… new mission and dungeons), in order to improve GD experience.

That’s good, glad you guys don’t see it as a total waste. And smaller missions/dungeons is a great idea. I had a few great ideas for that myself but I’m not much of a mapper so they’ll probably be lost in the depths of my mind. :slight_smile: We can never have enough dungeons, so definitely a cool idea. They seem to be far easier to make now, thanks to those “portal” entrances vs the old ones in TQ that were SOOO picky when you were mapping. :slight_smile:

And… if We can import and use things from TQ will be a plus!!!

Definitely!

Nordic game saw my message, blender french community is managing to find a way to do it (obtaining from titan quest meshes the good files formats or .csv or .MAX files which the asset manager should be able to create asset with).

I hope that we could find a way before the end of the next week.

If you have news about it, please share them with us.

I’ve considered reverse engineering the mod tools, fixing the UI bugs and trying that. We have buttons to do everything we need, but the buttons themselves don’t work.

Elite Killer if you do manage to get it working, please, please, please tell us how you did it.

I’ve wanted to add my own custom models to TQ for years. But I could never get it to work.

So I’m hoping it will be easier with Grim Dawn :smiley:

We’re actually trying to convert my .obj files to .MAX format but we don’t find anyway to do it. The easier would be that Zantai or Medierra telling us how to.

I’d work on getting any graphic imported. Get the workflow used by Crate repeated first, then try to extend it. I found a bunch of weird issues converting graphics, you’d think that triangles are triangles, but NO. Too many ways to implement various things, and they are all incompatible. Converting one thing into another works for word processing, but not 3d graphics for a proprietary game engine that was only designed with one intended model type.

I haven’t used 3D Studio Max in a long time, everything changed since I had poor skill with the program. If I understood correctly, there are different kinds of .max files with different geometries. We can gather some information about the geometry of the .msh, and I assume that having a similar geometry in the .max files to start would be a better chance of success.

My understanding of OBJ is that it is a mess, and OBJ are sometimes not portable between graphic editors. More precisely but more obtusely, everything specified works, but grahics environments make a lot of assumptions that OBJ doesn’t explicitly state. Also OBJ aren’t wireframed but the MSH files are. Please, correct me if you have better info.

I have also seen that .msh is linked to textures which is not the case with .obj and it seems that there is a .mif included too.

I think that we need to extract more information and compile them by some way and then find the good format.

up haven’t find a way yet

If you look at the included MSH files, they have physics and bones in a JSON looking format.

Yes but we can analyse them for a long time this is not giving us the answer how to make .max files (no offense at all I’m doing the same trying to understand what they have done).

I imagine that starting with a 3D Studio Max file and using a wireframmed model would be a great start. I tried to import a model of a coffee cup but the OK button barfed on me.

Have you guys tried to figure out how to use the modelcompiler? Perhaps that can help you out. I have no idea how it would work but I see it in my list of files here in the grim dawn directory.

I have imported custom files for TQ using a different method that does NOT involve custom meshes, but instead it was modified TQ meshes. Using the viewer, you could attach effects or even models to another model’s “attachment points”. Once you do this, you save the mif and attach it to a model’s msh file, then you can build this msh file into your mods database.

I’m not sure how this process works for GD, I saw another thread about it but perhaps you can try something like that too?