Importing stuff from Titan Quest

I posted my experiences with the ModelCompiler somewhere. I believe the broken GUI is just a front end for using this program. We have msh files, but no MIF or MDL files. I have a strange suspicion that MDL files are really 3d studio max files, but no guarantees. I tried to use one .max as a .mdl but it didn’t work.

Usage: ModelCompiler.exe <mdl file> [<mif file> <source directory> ] <msh file>
    options:
        -mif <mifFile> <source directory>   : Specify a model information file.
        -tangents                           : Include tangent space vectors in the model.
        -vertexColors                       : Include vertex colors in the model.
        -stat <statFile>                    : Write model statistics.

I had no successes with the program at all, and I tried both polygon and triangle based 3d studio max files.

I really hope somebody find the way to import the TQ and other custom meshes to GD… looks, this is something my friend Diegocles did for the TQ mod:

You guys!!! could think in the posibilities of import TQ stuff to GD?

:cool:

If you can give me sample models I’ll tinker with it. My username here, but at gmail is my email. Right now all I have is the sample dandelion and sample coffee cup I downloaded, plus the game art. I think I have … crazy amounts… of stuff on another hard drive somewhere, but that’s still not TQ resources.

Someone should bring back our old friend…

…“Toxeus” :eek:

Yeah that would be incredible it’s why I don’t understand the silence of Grim Dawn creators.

What don’t you understand? People are trying to import assets from another game that is under the auspices (read IP) of another company. Not really hard to understand that. Given that, I can understand why they don’t respond directly to this issue.

If there is a bug in the tools, then the bug should be reported.

We don’t only try to import titan quest stuff but also our personnal creations so they just have to explain us how to import custom stuff and say “but we want you to don’t import another game’s stuff to respect law” and we won’t (I think).

If I try to open grim dawn meshes I got this error:

http://puu.sh/oHkAW/e23a2c8e81.png

I already reported 4+ bugs in the bugs forum.

I’m working on it with a man coming from a french forum who is saying that he should be able to reverse grim dawn tools and then understand how to, but for him only importing texture is difficult (to make for technical reasons (with tools easy but the code should be a mess)) so then he doesn’t even imagine the work we will need to import ONE mesh.

Importing textures is a problem? I haven’t tried yet but I’ve imported bitmaps using TGA filetype and it works fine.

He wasn’t speaking about the fact it’s difficult for us, but difficult for developpers to implement it.

“[05/05/2016 22:56:58] Misuki “MyHand” Hanpel: Bah c’est lr même format que les autres textures
[05/05/2016 22:57:31] Misuki “MyHand” Hanpel: Mais techniquement si la texture n’existait pas avant il saura pas la placer dans le jey”
“It’s the same file type as for the other textures. But tech looking if the texture wasn’t existing before it can’t place it in the game”

So for him there is a code who is managing the texture importation but if they disabled it for the .msh for the public version of the tools we won’t be able to import them so he has to work on the reverse on the related tools to see if there is a code to import custom meshes and then how to.

The -nopoweroftwo option is undocumented, I had to extract the strings from the executable to find the option. TGA is very simple as long as it is 32x32, 64x64 or 256x256. Any other size options and we have this very deep problem about things not being shared or told to us. The MSH imports are much the same way. Now if you had known about this for a long time and decided to not share and made me spend 12 hours figuring all of this out on my own, then your attitude is offensive.

I’ve imported about 30textures so no textures aren’t a problem. There is 2 options, .msh for grim dawn are not made like for titan quest and then we have to know how to create our owns by the dev telling us or we just need to find a file format.

I dunno what you’re flipping out about but ok.

TGA doesn’t have to be poweroftwo to work in assetmanager or to be saved anywhere else. As I have said here or maybe in another thread, I have imported already hundreds of bitmaps into the game using TGA file type, many of them are 32x32/64x64 but then I have the ones for masteries backgrounds, and various other things that are not.

I know nothing about mesh imports but as far as I know texture imports have no issues, like bitmaps do. I will try a texture import when I get a chance but atm I have no purpose for it so I haven’t bothered.