Improved Storage system

I find that I’m having a lot of difficulty balancing how my storage buildings maintain their stocks of certain goods and I had a thought.
Does anyone remember Zeus and Poseidon from Impression Games? They had the option to control how much of a certain item could be stocked at a certain storehouse or granary. The four options were accept, get, empty, and don’t accept, meaning you could effectively dictate where any of your stock could go at any time. This resulted in me being able to efficiently maintain my city’s supplies and distributing them where they were needed most and overall build bigger cities.
Example: When building a new city block in Zeus I would place a granary and storehouse, each having an inventory cap of 32, meaning that I could set my granary to say, accept 24 wheat and get 8 fish while my storehouse could be set to accept 16 fleece and accept 16 olive oil. Or perhaps I have a storehouse that’s full of wood but its far away from a project where it’s needed. I could set it to empty out the stock where it would then try to store it in another storehouse. I could even build an additional storehouse near the project and set it to get 32 wood, effectively doubling how fast the transition took place. This meant that they only stocked what was needed and the rest could be distributed elsewhere.
Quite a mouthful I know but has anyone else thoughts of this? I feel like if this could be a quality of life improvement.

2 Likes

This is a useful feature and it would be logical to introduce it into the game.

u can do it now in a playtest. just click on any resourse in storage and set limit

1 Like

I was surprised when I discovered this feature is absent in this game, since it is so ubiquitous in Building/Strategy games, such as Civ Rome, Victoria, etc.

As -crkn noted, this is indeed a new feature in the current playtest version and will be pushed to release in the near future.

It’s a feature I have long wanted to add, literally for years, but it took a while before we had the chance to get to it.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic. I really enjoy this game and was hoping for something like that. Thank you for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.