Is it true? Development is slowing down?

I’ve picked this game up from time to time, quite enjoyed it, bought the expansion and never beat the game haha. I loved whta they did with the genre, are they really basically done development for it?

yup
not really a bad thing considering it’s a (offline) singleplayer game
games being “complete” and not constantly milked or changed just for retention sake is nice i feel

2 Likes

That’s fair, I just hope they are working on another RPG and not just the city builder haha. I guess now I can play through it and not worry about changes kind of like D2, I just pick it up and away we go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

they are doing the city builder “this year”, how long that’s gonna take up development support post release “we” don’t know ofc
and then there were some other smaller lone wolf “secret”/unkown projects in the works
sec, lemme see if i can find the link

As for what else they’re working on, doesn’t seem to be ARPG or related atm. As well as Farthest Frontier, the town builder, we know Zantai is working on a standalone GD related game of some kind. What Grava’s project is we have no idea. And there may be another project using the Unreal game engine since Crate are looking to hire someone with experience with that engine.

2 Likes

aaand ofc Medea to the rescue :smile:

Well I guess it’s time to play the game all the way through, haven’t done it yet but if it’s done then why not.

The link you wanted

1 Like

Crate are crazy. We all asked for more loyalist packs, and it would have probably been some easy work for easy money, and they didn’t do it. You don’t get many developers who turn down cash for the sake of a ‘complete’ game.

Credit to Crate.

1 Like

I expect we will see a third one some day, but as for easy work for easy money, how would you feel if you had to make yet more items when you’ve already made thousands of them? Burnt out and fed up I expect. The team need/want a break and I’m glad they’re taking one. Any future additions to the game, whatever they may be, will be better for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, whatever is best for any future Grim Dawn projects is what I want. Let us all bring our financial support over to Farthest Frontier and ensure Crate has a steady income and loyal fanbase over many more games to come!