Is multiplayer unbalanced? And if yes, what to do about it?

I love all my GD children equally. But if daddy Z says slap, then slap it is.

And we have drifted wonderfully well off topic. :smiley:

lol this thread owns.

I still think the current +25% health is just really weird consider how disproportionate the player power vs monster health is.

I know this game isn’t for multiplayer and all but since dev have change this in the past it must play some importance.

Honestly I am a bit surprised that people have the impression Zantai is being “polite” and should act more like “a dick”. Am I reading a different thread? This thread is very valid and so are all opinions on multiplayer difficulty. Not every player shares his opinions in the most respectful and polite way, that is true. However, in this thread, Zantai is the most disrespectful person. And this is not the first time I see this. In my opinion a dev should always be polite and respectful. It’s important to set the tone and atmosphere for their own forums as good as possible.

I don’t really know how the other devs are because they are mostly silent, but I question if putting Zantai on the talking with the community train is the smartest choice.

That being said, “the game encouraging modding” couldn’t be farer from the truth. It’s impossible to mount more than one mod at once, and extra work and effort is needed to keep builds, blueprints and items between mods. I would say modding is made possible, but it is definitely not encouraged.

Have you looked at the number of mods in the Modding Projects section? It also depends on what mods you’re talking about having at the same time. Yes, only one mod, but things like Grim Internals or GDStash aren’t mods, but tools, and can be run with a mod.

If you want combined mods, it can be done - Grimarillion is a compilation of 4 mods - but you couldn’t put those 4 mods separately into the game and expect to play them all together as Grimarillion lets you do. You’d have to make a new mod first combining them and then play it.

Yes and that is exactly what I am talking about. And yes, I played a lot of mods in the past.

Hell, Zantai being Zantai has probably EARNED them more loyal customers than it has ever lost them. The customer isn’t always right and his job isn’t to sniff the asshole of the person trying to tell him otherwise.

He gets my vote all day long and I know I am far from the only one. This forum stays pretty chill for the most part or usually does, unless I show up and it’s past page 5. /looks down slowly

That’s not what I wrote?

All I am saying is it’s probably a good idea for a talkative dev (or anyone really) to behave in a nice way. I don’t feel like that’s too much to ask for.

He does (behave in a nice way), frequently. It depends heavily on the person he is dealing with. Not too much to ask at all. Zantai has been doing Zantai here since 2012. You’re coming in late with this and anyway, there is nothing he replied to in this thread that was out-of-character for him nor so rude to the level any normal person couldn’t get over it readily enough. You’re making a mountain out of a molehill.

You should see the ones that actually deserve the snark they get for their stupidity. Anything in this thread was him half-playing. I read them all just to be sure and you’re making much ado over nothing.

*What you wrote and what your implications were are easy enough to see. Anyway, my “vote” is that Z keeps on being Z, as-is, or I riot. Not that this is a “fuckin’ democracy” anyway :wink:

Well considering he’s written 161 GMs for us along with all the other info he passes on via posts and dev streams I’d say he behaves pretty well. He didn’t have to do those GMs you know, he volunteered to make them. Of course he was rather naive at the time and didn’t realise how clever Medierra was in letting him do them so he didn’t have to. :smiley: Nor did he expect to end up writing so many of them.

And remember none of the devs “have” to respond to anything posted on the forum. They could have been completely silent for all these years and we’d never know what was happening with the game. Much as I love the fact that they do liaise with the community so much I sometimes think we’re also spoiled by that when someone as obtuse/stubborn as UnknownDude refuses to accept that someone who’s worked on the game for the last 7 years probably knows better than they do what’s best for the whole playerbase and not just a few of them. It’s not as if UnknownDude hasn’t brought his multiplayer viewpoints forward and been answered before

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76177

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56373

yet still seems to think he’s right and everyone else is wrong, including the game’s devs. Are you really surprised that Zantai might be a little less polite than normal - if he actually was which I don’t see myself.

I’m under no obligation to be conversational with anybody on this forum, no developer is, but I try to be more down to earth with our players than a faceless robotic community manager echoing the company message.

And I dare say I will engage anybody, even people the rest of the community wants to oust because they have an unfavorable opinion, calmly and fairly. But there is a limit…

I am also not under any obligation to be tolerant of people coming into our house (our forum) and berating the team or acting like they know better than the devs when I’ve already provided ample actual evidence (as opposed to their feels) to the contrary. I have better things to do than be polite with such people.

Some are of the opinion that players/customers have the right to treat developers like dirt and developers are supposed to not only keep interacting with players but also do it with a smile. I will not perpetuate this myth. If you act like a dick, then you will get torn apart here.

By the way, when I shared your post with the team, I was responded to with this…make of that what you will. Also look up the forum user “Evil Medierra” some time, the alternate account of the company founder.

1 Like

I heard someone was sniffing assholes in there, came to watch.

1 Like

I learned many things from this thread.

The most important:

You’re making a mountain out of a molehill.

Didn´t know that. In Germany we say something like “making an elephant out of a mosquito”. But this sounds better.

Back to topic, whatever it was. :wink:

Edit:
Zantai like Spiderman? I was more thinking about him als Hulk.

to me Zantai simply states it factually and concise, neither particulariiy polite nor impolite

This thread is very valid and so are all opinions on multiplayer difficulty.

so what ? Since every opinion is equally valid (as you state), then whoever wants MP the way it is is equally right, and since they are apparently the majority you should move on…

So you came too? Good. Though I’d rather get into action then just looking :o Just between you and me. Oh wait, you guys are talking about the metaphorical ass sniffing? Fuck…

That’s a very detailed zentai…

Go back to dying and forgetting about buffs. :smiley:

This statement is actualy further from the truth. The devs make mod tools so that the players can modify the game in any way they want.

How is that not encouraging mods?

I prefer this behaviour. I enjoy watching Zantai’s posts and streams, we get to see a lot of personality and it makes me more interested in Crate as company.

On Topic, I am in the midst of levelling new toons with 2 friends (just bought them both Forgotten Gods) and we are having a blast. Sure it’s mostly a cakewalk but only WHEN WE ARE IN FIGHTING THE SAME MOBS. And that is only because I know how to build a toon and help them both to stay alive and do serious dmg. And as soon as we split up and go solo it instead is a bit harder than playing in Single player. Imagine 2-4 totally green players learning the game mechanics by playing. They would probably not have an easy time if the difficulty was higher tuned than it is now. If you want a challenge, do a multiplayer Ultimate playthrough from level 1. Should be enough for most of people.

I understand that not everyone can be happy with this, but we cant expect Crate to give us several tunings for each difficulty tier. Personally I hate the thousand different tiers in Diablo 3.

I think you missed the point here.
Also I am certain there are more than these two ways “being a faceless robotic community manager” or “treating people with other opinions in a disrecpectful way”.

And I dare say I will engage anybody, even people the rest of the community wants to oust because they have an unfavorable opinion, calmly and fairly. But there is a limit…
That is what you say, but not how you act.

I am also not under any obligation to be tolerant of people coming into our house (our forum) and berating the team or acting like they know better than the devs when I’ve already provided ample actual evidence (as opposed to their feels) to the contrary.
Nobody said anything about obligations. I am just talking about being nice.

I have better things to do than be polite with such people.

I get that, but I do not get why you consider not being polite as one of these better things.

Some are of the opinion that players/customers have the right to treat developers like dirt and developers are supposed to not only keep interacting with players but also do it with a smile. I will not perpetuate this myth. If you act like a dick, then you will get torn apart here.

Answer being disrectful with being disrespectful, yea I am sure this leads to greatness. I am glad this is a war zone.

so what ? Since every opinion is equally valid (as you state), then whoever wants MP the way it is is equally right, and since they are apparently the majority you should move on…
No, because this is not about being right. It does not matter what the majority wants. It only matters what the devs want. I am not complaining about leaving the multiplayer as easy as it is (even though I dislike how easy it is), I am complaining about Zantai regurlarly trying to devaluating other people by using polemics.

And I am sorry, I did not want this to be blown up. I never posted something like this before here and usually never would have, but people kept bringing up how well behaved Zantai acts and that was just triggering me.

This statement is actualy further from the truth. The devs make mod tools so that the players can modify the game in any way they want.

How is that not encouraging mods?
There are mod tools, yes. That’s good. They enable modding, yes. They have severe limits though which I explained above, so I wouldn’t call it encouraging.