Is there any build focused on big Devotion procs mainly?

Hi,

Is there any build that focus mainly on Devotion procs to kill?
I was thinking something like the big 3 procs, like Ulto’s, Amatok, Ulzuin, and maybe other.

I really like to see all the stuff proccing.

Thanks

1 Like

There are lot’s of builds with multiple devotion procs. Here’s one of my recent builds with almost meme type of map - Seekers, Seru, Leviathan, Elemental Storm and Hyrian.

I think the procciest build i ever had has been my retaliation witchblade, a strong combination of % chance when blocking, hit, and on attack devotions such as Targos Hammer, Trample, Guardian’s Gaze, etc.

An important piece of effectively triggering the devotion procs is also ensuring theyre bound to skills which suit them best. For procs with little to no cooldown, youll want to be sure to bind them to skills that hit fast and frequently. As an example, Guardian’s Gaze on Bloody Pox.

The % chance to proc is small, so the rate of frequency at which Bloody Pox deals damage will increase the chances of triggering the proc. Bloody Pox will also travel to other enemies nearby any that are afflicted with the Pox, thereby incrementally increasing the likelihood of Guardian’s Gaze triggering frequently when the Pox is used on enemies in a crowd who are grouped together closely. A great way to lure enemies in close on this build is to use Warcry so the screen gets taunted to you. Once this is done, using Pox on them is almost guarenteed to proc Guardians Gaze several times in quick succession.

As this is happening, enemies will of course be attacking you, but with each successful block Targos Hammer is likely to proc as well, causing hammers to whirl around you damaging and stunning nearby enemies caught in the proc path only to be churned to bits by a relentless pummeling of multiple Guardian’s Gaze projectiles. This tactic is extremely satisfying to observe, and it can kill entire groups of enemies over time due to the Internal Trauma damage from Targos Hammer mostly.

Other classes have other means of getting enemies close together, or increasing odds of Pox travelling, such as Oathkeeper’s Judgment ability or Nightblades Blade Trap. I mean even as im writing this i keep coming back to edit it. Theres just so many possibilities!

The most important thing to understand is what skills function best as catalysts for Devotion Ability procs.

What Nery said. Some of the best builds for this kind of character are typically Elemental casters, especially because they get access to great devotion binds like Word of Pain, Storm Box, Bloody Pox, Curse of Frailty, Judgment, Vire’s Might, Storm Totem, Wind Devil, Grasping Vines and many others I’m forgetting. Most of those skills can also be main damage dealers for a build.

Passive auras like Censure or Night’s Chill are also great for triggering gear procs autonomously as well.

1 Like