Is there any inventory space expansion planned around FoA release?

Hard disagree on your hard disagree.

What it boils down to is “I don’t want to fundamentally change how the game works” vs “I want my infinite stash and I don’t want to use easily accessible ready-to-go solutions and I don’t care that it will negatively affect someone else’s game”.

I’m not against you having your infinite stash. I’m against you changing my game to do it because you don’t want to use mods that already exist and already solve your issue.

1 Like

This was not aimed at me, but just to clarify- I never said anything about an infinite stash, nor want it (or need it). Seems obvious from what I said, but many people here are replying to voices in their head, and not what’s being actually said and written.

It’s not ‘your’ game. What does that even mean? How does the ability to buy extra chests or tabs change anything for you? You’re acting childishly irrational- write again, in a constructive manner, how that extra option negatively affects you.
Something more than ‘I don’t want it’, because in the end, it’s simply non-substantive on top of being something I didn’t ask about or care.

Not only external utility apps are a separate matter, but you’re also very clearly lying- there are no mods that expand in-game inventory in a natural, lore-friendly way. There are inventory-save editors that not only are overkill for what people want when it comes to inventory, but also come together with numerous additional, not-needed features people don’t want to see or don’t want to use for various reasons.
Some of these features border cheating, and in the end- using these apps is slightly more annoying and fiddly in the long run, as it requires a lot of managing saves, switching to different app, a lot of extra clicking and paying attention to not make a mistake and delete or conjure something unintended.
These are developer/god tools that have some features related to expansion to player inventory but are not a solution to the problem. Even if they were official.
Stop using them as a crutch and argument- it’s not.

Show me a mod that adds an extra few rows of tabs to the shared stash, or adds extra chests with a default number of tabs already existing in game (if for example there’s a hardcoded limit to their number).

If you don’t want to use something- don’t. How does the ability for other people to browse through a collection of pants and boots without having to swap characters and reload the game a few times impact and ruin/break your experience? Can you explain that and write anything substantial about this?

Why you’re not complaining about existing expansion options? 5 extra purchasable tabs is fine, but what, 9 would break ‘your’ game? Because of what, some people would enjoy the game more and waste less of their time, navigating through archaic constraints?
If you don’t need or use extra space- you won’t need even more of it. This thread is not for you then. Ridiculous.

3 Likes

I think choosing which items to stash is part of the problem, that player is supposed to solve, so removing the limit does not qualify as QoL.

1 Like

Even though this may be true, it also may stop players from buying future content. And for the mods, GDStash is a pain in the rear end when you have a new PC and you haven’t played for a while (GDStash updated etc etc.). It will discourage some to get back into it when hundreds of their items sit in GDStash, and then again, it may stop them from buying the new content. The door swings both ways.

To answer your last question, because it’s easier to play something else than deal with an old GDStash database file.

then use one of the multitude of options that isn’t gdstash? :man_shrugging:
we have like 4-5? total utilities for stash iirc
GDstash, item assistant, multistasher, vault thingy, stash changer, the “mule ledger”, and actual big stash mod(caravaner?) too
it’s like the earlier mention of character cheat functions; unless you find fault with all of the available tools (incl the ones without editing functions), then any issue you find with GDstash is sorta squarely on you for choosing to use that tool instead of one of the other available… :neutral_face:

1 Like

Sure… right as soon as I recover everything out of GDStash… :upside_down_face:

Also, you’re missing my point. In today’s age, with internet speeds being what they are, it will be quicker to just download and play another ARPG. For me personally, it’s not even the amount of space that’s the issue, I can live with “some” extra space, but the constant needing to attend to 3rd party tools and update/repair them after a game update, or like I said, not playing for a while and then needing to do all this over and over is just too much for me. I may or may not be alone on this, but that’s my stance. Also, only GDStash was around when I started using it, so now I have to bugger around to get the items back. No thanks.

you can import GDstash into item assistant and one of the others iirc?
item assistant also has cloud and auto update (i think?) - it’s seemingly why so many prefer it
2? of the tools are basically just like manual stash shuffling in the background i think, meaning there is no separate tool file/stash archive it’s using actual GrimDawn stash/transfer.gst files and just flipflops between them, which means it’s just part of your regular saves (unsure how the tool(s) itself is with update requirements and such)
either way, it’s stuff to look into…

i sincerely seriously think people are underestimating the hurdle of the baked in stash change and overestimate how simple it is to shia labeouf “just do it” and making light of the devs’ dismissals for it… - and i’d imagine people be less disgruntled having to download/update GDstash to load their old storage, than they’d be if those 6+6*Xchars full ingame tabs got poofed because the ingame feature borked…

2 Likes

Okay, thank you. That’s good food for thought. Since you’ve been providing all this info, I’ll definitely check it out. As a side note, I’m very much invested in this game and Crate. I’ve been playing since the level limit was 12. It really is a good game. So thank you again and I’ll have a look.

If somebody does that, then not even infinite stash would ultimately stop him. :crate: cannot keep such player here no matter what they change.

2 Likes

To be clear: I do not think it’s easy per se despite you implying otherwise. I just don’t think it’s as complex as you people make it sound. In terms of Crate’s capabilities vs the implementation challenges. They are veteran devs. They can plan, develop, implement, test and deploy on a far more professional level than this thread’s ‘potential game breaking bugs’ speculations. All these issues and MOAR will be addressed during the development/implementation.

I am not a publisher’s representative and you are not Crate’s lawyers - you don’t have to be that protective against potential dangers (that are based on your assumptions).

It’s extra time and resources, extra work in a possibly busy schedule. I acknowledge all of that. In no way I am trying to diminish the efforts.

What I find bizarre, though, is how you assume the potential risks would be a real thing to even bring them into conversation. It’s the same as assuming that Crate would do a poor job. I thought it was obvious, but I guess I have to spell this - I am asking for a well designed and well functioning stash. Not a half baked one.

I assume that if Crate will implement something, that something will be well thought out, tested, solid and safe to use.

But to be fair, you make a point none the less and it deserves to be noted.

Technical challenges and risks should not be taken out of the consideration.

My point was our discussion had many different angles on both sides to classify it as the tunnel vision, are you sure you’re disagreeing on that? :smiley:

Anyhow, ironically enough, we have already passed over the fundamental change argument. If it’s optional - it does not change the game at all unless you choose to. Like color blindness option does not affect your game if you don’t turn it on.

At least my own stance was to keep the possibility of playing with vanilla stash for those who want it.

You have a specific style of playing the game, which you described in the other thread and it’s cool.

But not everyone is a mental gymnast. To me and many others having to get rid of valuable loot makes the game less enjoyable. It’s a problem to throw away a set piece that you haven’t fully explored yet. Like if you are a farmer and you have rich harvest and only can store a small part of it. Having to get rid of something you worked towards to is commonly perceived as not enjoyable.

Besides, the unlimited stash would also solve the item management pain, as the player wouldn’t have to switch between the characters and browse their inventories/bank tabs to have all items in one easy to access place. And that is QoL for sure.

1 Like

I think you’re leaning too much to the one side, reality exists somewhere in the middle. I’m that guy but after some discussion here, I’m going to have another look into things. I can almost feel the cash for the expac leaving my wallet already.

what i find bizzare is you completely, repeatedly, ignoring the mentions of the devs previously literally stating this as a matter of issue themselves
yes, it’s that simple, devs themselves have said there is issues with making these stash changes, and that there are potential bug conflicts they might not wanna risk
sure, with enough dev time and resources stuff could surely be ironed out, but that doesn’t minimize the initial complexity of the issue “the way GD works” and the greater potential issue for bugs/critical fail “the way GD works”, and thus the “simple” feature becomes a huge task/resource investment “to get it right”, while then still leaving enough tiny room on the table for a bad bug causing player items to go poof, then deemed not worth the risk.

it’s not so much us unnecessarily acting like lawyers for Crate, as it is just us utterly baffled when players casually reject them as if nothing/not a concern and a non-valid reason “when devs have stated similar technical issues before with expanding stash” as this topic pops up over the years… :neutral_face:

if one needs a concrete example go back to the AoM days and look at the posts about a handful of people’s stash going poof after the stash changes/upgrade update

3 Likes

Would be nice to have a sticky post somewhere from the devs saying they are not doing this so we can stop taking up space on the forums and reddit with these posts and people can just post their opinions about it there.

4 Likes

Okay, bad me. Please educate me. Provide sources of your mentioned devs statements. It is your argument, so support it. I’d like to see the exact wording they used. You do make it sound like a much greater challenge than I do, so please, let’s see how it sounded from the devs.

You can’t expect everyone who got tired of the stash limitations and come here to tell about it to investigate devs’ statements on the subject, consider potential technical issues of the increased stash, explain why they don’t use stash tools or that they don’t have specific mindset to truly enjoy the game with the limitations etc. Don’t be baffled that people just come here to express their experiences unprepared - it’s the most expected scenario.

And yes, it is not the players’ concern to do all that. Here is the FF feedback guideline from our lord and savior and I think it sums it up quite nicely. The points marked with bold are especially applicable for our debates.

Zantai invites players to express personal experience. He doesn’t need defending. The only requirement is to respect the forum guidelines and it says nothing about being aware of devs statements on technical limitations of the engine if they want to say their stash is too small.

So less gatekeeping would be appreciated.

I didn’t see anyone who asked for the stash enlargement casually rejecting the devs statements (which they didn’t even see, mind you). Nor were they disrespectful or dismissive towards beloved Crate. But I did see a share of lazily put arguments or lack of ability to comprehend what they are arguing against coming from the pro-limited stash crowd. It’s baffling too, you know.

YES!

1 Like

i’m not, you’re confusing you with all; you’re getting special treatment :kissing_heart:

it’s actually not super unreasonable to have some expectation of people to get some consideration for issue X when that is raised. It is however extremely narrow-minded to dismiss it and assume everything is equally possible or easy “Just because we want it”, and maintain a zero understanding for limitations being possible to exist or being more complicated than initially thought “because hey matrix wizards”

not defending Zantai nor Crate, (nor are the other pro-limited stash crowd btw); you are being given their perspective and experience on the matter, both as an equal counter argument “against”(it is afterall a feature that would change their game too) but also as snack in the bagpack to help better come to terms with maybe why it might not happen. (No wrong doing in making requests, but you also took it beyond just that initial ask - heck this aint even your thread)

not gatekeeping, heck not even demanding your consideration merely suggesting it gets applied…

1 Like

Appreciated, but you did use plural :frowning: :

Semantics aside, your point of people rejecting the (yet-to-be-seen) dev statements on technical problems of GD engine is pretty ridiculous. Not just because it’s not written with big letters somewhere you cannot miss, but also because they are not supposed to know the technical stuff to begin with.

I agree it’s not unreasonable to consider the efforts needed to materialize the desired results. But it’s not mandatory. It is not extremely narrow-minded when a player expresses his frustration with some aspect of the game. He is the player, the customer, not the dev. He has all the right to simply say ‘I want big stash’ and not be jumped on with all sorts of complexities coming from different kinds of orthodox posters. Refer to the Zantai tip #2.

Are you Zantai’s speaker? Are you Crate or Zantai? Isn’t it a bit rich of you to tell me about their perspectives and experiences? We’ll get to the perspectives part in the end of this post. :wink:

And yes, it’s another thread, so what? The subject is pretty much the same, the discussion goes on.

‘Mere suggesting’ is quite an understatement considering our debates. You were pretty driven in what you call ‘suggesting’.

May I ask that we close the question of posters not knowing the technical aspects of GD engine being okay? Meaning, it’s okay for folks to ask for big stash without hearing ‘mere suggestions’ from you (or anyone else except Crate) on this matter? Take a look at Zantai’s guidelines, it should help. :slight_smile:

As for the special treatment of the bad me, I am still curious to see those dev statements you kept mentioning numerous times. Would you kindly present them?

1 Like

not really, because our interaction can be summed up as follows
poster says X or responds to you with X
you effectively replies “you’re BS’ing me bruh”
i’m interjecting with “he’s not not bs’ing you”
which then gets expanded on “for your consideration” to not just brush things off as has been…

i’m doing neither, it’s amazing you fail to see that.
that mention was in regards to the other users
as for the “speaking for the devs part”, you’re being given the same regurgitated answers for a reason; that very reason being in feedback guidelines you’re trying to use to further brush off remarks towards you :man_facepalming:

^this is why you see players parrot prior dev responses because as far they’ve stated this type of topic is been discussed to death
and since they might not tell you, now you know because other players told you… “shared community information”

may i ask you both understand those guidelines is not being broken, and why you’re being fed XY responses…

the special treatment is you get to dig up the links yourself, because’ i’m not gonna do it for you - it’s not my job if you want to know more about a subject than has been presented, nor has your attitude warranted me bothering to provide it for you
i’ll give you the same answer go search for it if you care to know more, browse through all of Zantai’s posts here and on steam(reddit?) in response to this topic theme…

1 Like

Why do threads here keep turning into wall of text discussions about semantics of conversation rather than the actual topic?

It’s not hard to demonstrate the issue. I like to play HC, therefore I can’t use the personal stash for important items. I also like to play a bunch of different characters involving different classes, damage types and skills. My favourite part of this is the levelling process, so I like to have some twink gear (i.e. the gear I found to inspire the build in the first place) available along the way. Then there’s the end-game gear I’ll work towards, plus all the interesting set pieces and unique gear that might inspire other builds, but is not craftable or easy to obtain (MI’s with good rolls, full sets, Boss uniques, etc). Then there is of course a tab reserved for components, elixirs, relics etc. Even in SC, you then become slave to mules and jumping around characters to find where you stashed the gear. I thought we’d grown past having to have mules as a solution, though 3rd party stash tools are there for those that want an infinite catalogue (which isn’t me).

Stop telling others they don’t need the space they say they do.
The assumption/accusation that those complaining just don’t know how to manage their stash properly is condescending and annoying.

6 Likes