Is there any inventory space expansion planned around FoA release?

To LE’s credit, their inventory management is quite good. Not only can you get lots of stash tabs going, but you can sort them into custom-defined categories for free:

It’s one of the few things in the game that I can’t really say anything sour about.

2 Likes

“Coming to a Grim Dawn near you soon” mebe ? :eyes:

Ha. Wouldn’t bet on it, were I a betting man to begin with.

such sad state we are living in…

I get ya point Ceno, it’s great, but… a basic thing as stash management feature shouldn’t even be a question if free or not, even more so, behind 30 euro price tag for ‘base game’. I even saw deluxe and ultimate editions and I became really sad that I even bought Last Epoch tbh with all these microtransactions they going with now. xD

1 Like

An expansion without a new mastery (or class, depending on a game) is like a very big patch… Glad you came to your senses :smiley:

There are no stash-related MTX in Last Epoch.

The “for free” comment was in reference to the fact that Categories are free, but new tabs within those categories cost Gold (LE equivalent of Iron, as we in GD buy our tabs too).

This in contrast to PoE where…

well…

2 Likes

Ceno,What is your 1-10 score for LE? I am trying to play this game but still cannot feel the beat about it. Idk why, gameplay is fluid, nice looking and all, there are nice building options… Still idk… It’s not GD :person_tipping_hand:

Last Epoch’s MTX is entirely cosmetic. Stash tabs cost a very small amount of gold (in-game currency) and are basically infinite, which is funny because the in-game filter encourages you to filter out all the crap you would normally hoard, so you don’t even see it.

It’s a 9 for me, but I don’t really do the multiplayer thing anymore. My gaming friends are all neck-deep in MMOs and other “eat your life” style games and I just don’t have time for those anymore.

If I was wanting to play multiplayer that number would drop by several points. There’s been issues.

And what’s your score for GD? :slight_smile:

It’s almost like if people have access to as much stash as possible, they’ll choose to use it if they want to…or not. Everyone wins. But hey, needs forced limits because we apparently can’t work things out ourselves.

Yea, the devs secretly want their game to fail so they can make even more $$$!

:shushing_face:

I’m always hesitant about lifting limitations from a game. I need problems to solve, obstacles to play around.

If everything is available, then what am I playing? A sandbox? A debug mode?
Of course I don’t have to stash everything, but if I need to make up too many rules to enjoy a game, then I’d rather look for another one, which governs these rules for me.

In case of stash the difficulty and fun lies in making the best use of limited space, because certainly not everything will fit.

9.5 :smiley:

Chesterton’s Fence.

No one ever asks, “why is there a fence” all they see is the thing they want on the other side and the fence in the way.

True, but I think Last Epoch does it well enough. You start with a limited amount, if you want more you have to buy it and then put effort into naming/colouring/organising it. It’s just enough of an effort barrier to make you think about it first.

I also don’t like endless stash, but the way you can organise things in LE makes me think it’s not really a problem if you have a good system to organise it. Now, GD doesn’t have that complexity, so I think it should be limited, just a rather higher limit than what we have now.

How so? It’s the best, most flexible inventory system out there. Who does it better?
I can’t come up with anything to add to it, maybe besides an option to use some icons instead of text altogether, to save space and cram more tabs before having to use < > to cycle through them within the constrained stash HUD window. Maybe some extra graphical effects for tabs like sparkling borders or some other nonsese flair.

You start with a normal amount that’s suitable for hours of initial gameplay, and buying new ones isn’t an issue unless somebody deliberately refuses to pick up gold.
Why would there be more? Effort? It’s a couple of minutes, what are you even talking about? It’s a few handfuls of mouse clicks for potentially hundreds of hours of gameplay. It’s super fast, responsive, east and well-designed.
Players have no idea how loot works in LE, what are the drop rates, what should be kept and for how long, what’s really valuable, what are the uses for gear later on and especially near end-game, where’s hidden value and utility.
It takes hours of playtime to learn it, and especially initially there’s no need for anything complex present from the start.

There are a LOT of organization systems that vary substantially from each other. Some people just like a simple grouping of tabs, some like broad baskets for gear categories, some want to have specific groups for each slot, some organize them by purpose, value, build, rarity, or whatever else.
A game starting with an already existing stash structure would be the opposite of improvement because most people would just have to delete it and then start all over again the way they want it to be. And for very casual ones it would be confusing and annoying.

And games like that need some money sinks, even boring ones like buying inventory space. Especially for people who don’t buy gear from vendors, there are just not a lot of venues to spend gold on. Not having to spend in-game currency on it would just make it feel slightly more weightless, and picking a lot of loot goes hand-in-hand with picking up a lot of gold. It’s not an issue.