Is there something wrong with some items' affix tendency?

This is great but you should try doing the analysis in Row Zero; you can have all the data right there in your sheet! Easier to show your work. :slight_smile:

Also, it looks like you haven’t enabled link sharing on the google doc you shared. I couldn’t open it.

Sorry for that. I have reset the sharing settings and it’s OK now.

Row Zero is good, but I’m not yet proficient in using it.

Or… just drop the bias altogether and let RNG handle this. Such manual intervention will always leave something to be desired.

Hmm by the way, would you take this into consideration?:face_in_clouds: Add Ascended sets (Casque and Shoulderplates) to some Bosses’ loots?

My friends and I have just uploaded and farmed Blaze Herald and Heart Of T.M… It seems that you increase the bias of “Of Sanctification”, instead of “Of Shattered Reality”? Is that a mistake?

By the way, “Of Insanity” still has too high bias. This is not a very big issue, though.

i’m kinda curious if magick pet prefixes has a higher prevalence than magick player affixes, on non-pet caster/accessory items specifically, on 1.2.1 :thinking:
obv potential confirmation bias being possible, seems like ex stuff like subjugator appears more often than stalwart/aggressive/mystic on ex player dmg caster offhands

I’m so suprised that many biases have been changed in 1.2.1.

For prefixes, unusual prefixes, like Earthbound, Barbaric and some mixed elemental prefixes, appear much common. And in each damage type,different prefixes have the similar probability. I think the prefix bias is very nice now.
The only one possible mistake is that Vitality Caster Weapon misses the bias of Essence Drinker (drop rate < 1%).

However, for suffixes, things are not as well.
Piercing Darkness, Conflagration, Ferocity, Insanity, Voracity and the Abyss still have a significant higher probability than others in the same damage type.
For example, LIghtning Weapons (like Storm Halberd) have 10% chance to meet Ferocity, but only 3.5% chance to get other Lightning suffixes and 2.6% chance for Elemental suffixes.
Aether Weapons (like Rut Blaster), another example, have 15% chance to get Insanity while only 4% for other Aether suffixes. The gap is huge

2024-06-20_131239

2024-06-20_132219

Another problem for suffix is that the Sage is abnormally common for Fire, Cold and Lightning Weapons, and Sanctification is so common on all Caster Weapon of all damage type.

(The Sage has a much higher probability than all Cold suffixes on Cold Weapons. It is also more common than most Fire and LIghning suffixes except Conflagration and Ferocity.)
2024-06-20_132947

(Sanctification has higher probability than Poison suffixes on Poison Caster Weapons. And as similar common for all damage type.)
2024-06-20_133234

I hope suffix bias can be adjusted better in future patches or builds. @Zantai

It is the nature of how affix tables are laid out. Suffixes on weapons, for example, are split among 2 tables, and it was largely chance how those probabilities ended up. For Aether, one of the suffix tables only has 1 rare suffix in it that is weighed towards Aether damage, but the other has 5. This largely came about from the affix tables being much smaller back in the day, where all of the affixes would not have fit into one.

Reworking the tables to smooth out the probabilities is not really worth it at this point.