Is weakening to Stun Jacks really necessary?

slightly duplicated:

I do not think Stun Jacks in its current state is very strong.
Is weakening really necessary?
Reduce life leach. Reduce physical resistance. I understand that.
So, does Stun Jacks have any compensating alternatives?
I am really not sure about Ulraprax’s Sting. Is anyone using this? I’m not kidding, I don’t know a single person.

Yeah, I know. The builds I like don’t even run SR90 properly. So I’m spoiled. Sorry.

1 Like

as was mentioned in your other thread; yes, it’s strong, very strong

does it deserve to get 1-2% less lifesteal, yes it does, is it necessary (as in will it help much) i don’t know, probably gonna be possible to omega heal anyway, just by virtue of the nature of jacks shotgun, but at the same time jacks also clearly needs leech as evident from the days pre lifesteal mods

2 Likes

I’m seriously a noob so I don’t know, but is there a build that uses Stun Jacks to fast lap SR90 and kill superbosses instantly?

If you want there to be some change in x skill, show your request with reasons, upload your build and point out what should be improved

1 Like

Why even measure a build by these metrics?

1 Like

I don’t like to post my builds.
This build was very much in the making and originally had considerably more firepower than this.
Because it takes too long to defeat an enemy and it’s too easy to make a mistake.
I can’t do it without the power of the skills or the modification of the equipment.

I was told it was very strong, so I thought it was at least that much …

this is not how balance is measured “on avg” so why would that matter?
while i can’t state the exact reasoning Z decided to lower the lifesteal i could speculate it might be related to things i’ve observed myself; spam jacks HP bar barely moves because the leech is so efficient on the amount of projectiles and rate of cast
this means Stun Jacks becomes extremely safe to play, once base defences are sorted/outside of 1shot territory, on top of high dps, because your lifesteal trivializes incoming dmg by negating its impact in an instant

if it might alleviate your concerns; HP bar is still barely moving after the lifesteal nerfs, because leeching so fast

1 Like

Stun jack always were an extremely powerfull skill at point-blank with are extremely uncomfortable to use if target a little bit further that point-blank

For my taste i will be very happy if we got -30% total damage penalty to stun jacks in exchange to -40% projectile spread and +50% to throwing distance (of course i’m talking only about spam version of stun jacks)

4 Likes

i’d probably be careful about -TDM requests/tradeoffs, it seems like it often impacts leech sustain fast

personally i’m fine with jacks being a point blank skill,
if it starts to become a comfy mid range skill because lower spread/easy distance or aoe, it might both become just another skill/“losing bit of identity”, but also too safe perhaps? :thinking:

1 Like

ur build does not seem to have flat rr.

1 Like

I’d love if Light’s Defender bonus range to Jacks was moved to the base of the skill.
I find it very unfair to all other Spam Jacks builds - LD’s Spam Jacks is no longer a single target skill :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

aaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ll change the ring…

wont solve lacking flat RR, you’re gonna want it in devos

on a different note, anyone else that can confirm their aether stun jacks conduit doesn’t change FX into green? - or is my aether jacks the only one staying blue atm?

I used it for storm box in conjunction with a dual wielder. Worked really well for lightning fire, but I was still working to get other likely better items.

Edit - talking about ulaprax sting I mean.

1 Like

Weakening stun jacks I think is an ok solution because they have too much damage. I got a 3:40 150-170 score in 1.2.1 on my Purifire, although I’m not a professional crucible racer. So and 90 SR build allows to pass quite normally, except for iron maiden(about weakening trauma dmg of which I wrote in another section). I also want to note that with 0 physical resistance on this build lives well, given the 4200 armor in the game.
150-170 3m 40s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_0hv3T5b7c
90 SR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDBcxECuquc
75 SR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768n7wTfMEM
GT: Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

2 Likes

wait, did you write that thread from the perspective of SR 90? :sweat_smile:

Excellent!
You did right away what I had given up on!
I don’t have to rely on Conduit to increase the damage in a strange way, but with proper use of Light’s Guardian, the damage is enough.

1 Like