"Item: Conduit of XXXX" level requirement too high

A main factor that keeps me coming back to Grim Dawn over other ARPGs is how a character can start a build from the beginning of the game (or close to it) and then play that build while building into it over the course of playing that character. The items make skills more powerful or change how skills work (such as their damage type) allow for this and open many different build opportunities.

This is great when a build-making item has a reasonable level requirement. For example, playing as Primal Strike, then converting to vitality Primal Strike once the Rylok Mark item becomes available around level 40.

Vitality Primal Strike? Wow, that was fun! What about Aether or Cold Primal Strike? Oh… level 94 for the Conduit of Wild Whispers. The bulk of the game, if not all of it, is done by then. Sure, there is a such thing as end-game builds, as their should be.

It would be great if some of these item that are more build-enabling compared to end-game build were available at a reasonable level (specifically the Conduit of XXXX items, but there are probably others). The Vitality Primal Strike and Rylok Mark is a good example of a build that is viable prior to finding the item, then can be immediately transitioned into once the item is available.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Agree completely.
Dont’t think this will ever happen.
That’s why sometimes I mod the respective conduits to have a lower lvl requirement, if that’s an option for you.

1 Like

agree, i posted this too

5 Likes

So it’s not just me that thinks this, great!

It seems a straightforward solution would be to keep the high level version the same and add a level 40ish version. This seems to fit the theme of the game and itemization.

I never thought about modding… I may have to look into that.

i’d personally prefer like a level 1-10 version so we can get it “immediately” :grin:

3 Likes

That makes sense.

The implementation could be a low level version that is just the damage conversion, mid level that adds some damage, then high level version that is the “full” version of the item. That’s how I would see this fitting into the game so that it’s not too unbalancing.

1 Like

Agreed.
Level 40 will be a sweet spot

This kind of item may have to be hidden from newer players, as they completely change your build. Aether primal strike may not have much gear support early on, so newer players who stumble upon it might have a hard time.

Maybe making it one of the early legendaries could make sense, as they are often advertised as being able to define your build during loading screens. Players know what to expect.

1 Like

Good idea, I’d also like to see this. Maybe a L35 and L68 version, before 35 damage type doesn’t make much difference so no need for lower than that I don’t think.

I think level 50 would make the most sense since that’s when legendaries start dropping.