Kill rocks at Lokkar hideout

Implying that aether tornadoes are in the same level of annoyance of the rocks (and i’m fine with the rocks). And as i said in other threads, aether tornadoes are way blown out of proportion.

Because what, losing 3% of your health per sec (that’s what it looks like to me when i’m playing) when they attack you is somehow a major annoyance?

I am by no means implying that they are on the same level of annoyance, I only claim that their purpose seems to be very similar. Their degrees of the annoyance, of course, vary in degree.

I am just saying that if that (inculcation of frustration) is their sole purpose, their existence does not really makes much sense. Of course, they may well have other purposes of which I am not aware.

Aether tornadoes are just another hazard that player has to take into account in Port Valbury. Pretty much all hazards are there to basically annoy the player.

I’m fine with them for the most part, i just don’t like how erratic their behavior is. It seems they start to follow you based on proximity, but sometimes i’m right next to them and they continue to patrol whatever area they are in.

Going off the definition and the context in which he is using it I’d say it means what he thinks it means.

Odd word choice? Sure. Not one you really come across normally.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

I am sorry, I am not a native speaker, maybe it is not the best word choice. It is a term frequently used in the field of psychology to describe an attempt to instill particular kind of emotion into someone’s mind so I thought readers would get the point. Anyways, maybe you native speakers can correct me and I will be all the wiser :slight_smile:

You did alright.

Inculcation is the instilling of knowledge or values in someone, usually by repetition.

To inculcate is to instill or impress an idea on someone, so inculcation is the process of instilling or impressing ideas. A lot of teaching is a form of inculcation: teachers repeat information to students, hoping it will sink in. Parents employ inculcation to instill values like “Don’t lie” and “Have courage” in their children. Military groups also use inculcation to impress their ideas upon recruits. Any process of teaching or training is likely a form of inculcation.

The context you used it in, in response, fits the definition well enough to be usable as you did:

It is merely a “rare” word to be used in general English conversations and most people would likely not know the definition off-hand.

So all the devs and staff members and forum admins voted NO…and the others are just normal players…at least im right ha ha

(This isn’t relevant to the thread at all what have I done)

Not really. If you inculcate frustration in someone, you’re not making them frustrated, you’re…making them think about frustration in the abstract? :eek:

Inspire(d)(-ing) would probably be more appropriate.

Crate devs: 13

Forum staff: 3

25 - 16 = 9, still more than voted yes (albeit less than yes + remove). :wink:

No biggie. Welcome to the club. I do it all the time :slight_smile:

Sure, if you want to be absolutely technical about the definition his use would not be a one-for-one fit but language and definitions are fluid in most cases and in this case he was well in range to stretch it ever so slightly that anyone who could comprehend the definition could easily see how it would work in the way he used it.

It seems to me he was going off the basis of them using repetition (with the rocks) to “inculcate” (or “train”, or as you suggested - “inspire”) frustration. Totally doable, imo.

/endstory

:furious: I love those rocks, just embrace the meme (from one of the Dev streams) that they are and learn to love the little buggers. :smiley:

Only if you buy us all primers first :rolleyes:

Literally all your threads are “buff this item/build I’m using” and “nerf everything that I find annoying or kills me” or “Make More ! of this.”
And you make a poll in every single thread when most of the time they are utterly unnecessary.

So no, a lot of people just don’t agree with your inane ideas and voted accordingly.

Damn it seems I’m part of Crate staff … or no :rolleyes:

as Weyu said, maybe you can stop post useless polls … those rocks are just Grim Dawn memes :slight_smile: (in a totally optionnal dungeon)

Cool. So when do I get my yellow or orange name?

Cross your fingers and do the Lord’s work on the forums (I suspect there is RNG involved). They do enjoy a harmonious environment, which they’ve actually managed to achieve and hold on to by and large :grinning: Sometimes they inject new blood in to the test pool with the advent of big things like, ohhhh, expansions, as I’m sure most of you have noticed? You guys have noticed, right?

And who knows, this might be the last shot on that for a while with GD. Then again I thought that with the release of AoM so I guess it’s best not to bet if they will be taking a break on it or not :neutral_face:

Could you be the next superstar? Just look at medea… She went from “way too nice” regular forum lady… to Praetorian… to Super Mod! (No seriously, she’s pretty awesome. And nice.)

It reads like a fairy tale so much I think I’m going to barf :sweat_smile::wink:

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Lol, as if we’d bother to rig a poll when we have final say. Besides, why would I bother having all the devs and moderators vote on our behalf when I could literally edit your poll.

I mean…this thread was over when I first responded. Not sure what you were hoping for.

Now 36-16 = 20 unless The Grim Creeper thinks the devs all voted again and bullied their “staff” into doing so again. :smiley:

I didn’t vote because I had no idea what you were on about. I had to go to the GD Wiki and look up Lokarr to find out it was a secret quest thing, none of which I’ve done.

So, if I vote NO, Crate will magically get another dev/staff member?
While this meant they could get more things done, it also increases their spendings…difficult decision…I’ll abstain for now.

TIL I am a Crate Employee. Well boys I guess it’s time to strike against Mr.Bruno we still haven’t received our pay cheques