Korkaav and chton

My first topic, please forgive my English.

Who is korkaav and chton?
Can anyone tell me in detail? lately I’ve been interested in the plot of the game

spoilers:

korvaak is the patron god of the fallen korvan empire. he’s the brother of empyrion who is the greatest and most benevolent god in grim dawn universe. korvaak is also the original owner of the eldritch throne, giving him the title of the eldricth sun for his mastery over the eldricth realm.

chthon is the enemy of empyrion, korvaak, empyrion’s allies and aetherials. he’s been torn to pieces and sealed into the void realm by empyrion. also, through some unknown means, chthon’s blood flows inside every living human being. and chthon wants to have his blood returned, to make him whole and strong again. so he and his followers (the bloodsworn cult) plot to enact the event of grim dawn upon cairn for many centuries. he’s the dying god that reigns over the void realm. his true form is unknown, since empyrion shatters him to many pieces.

if you want to know more, try reading the lore notes in grimtools website, and also join the lore discussions sticky thread on the general discussion subforum.

1 Like

About Ch’thon from the Dying God constellation:

In an age preceding the creation of the mortal planes, an elder god was betrayed by his children; his body torn apart and drained of blood so that they could use its power to breathe life into their own creations. His remains were cast out of creation into a void but, incapable of death, the god lingered on in the darkness, doomed to an eternity of pain and madness; feeling the suffering and death of all mortal things that were given life from his blood. His name forgotten by time, the dying god is known only as Ch’thon; he who dwells below creation.

1 Like

Thank you for contributing, man.

Many thanks, my friend.

Your welcome if you need more information regaring the lore feel free to ask. you can find lore with lore notes,conversations devotion’s etc.

There is also a lore discussion and specilation thread on the forum.

But if you don’t want heavy spoilers, than i would advise to finish the game first.

another important things to remember:
-each devotion constellations have their lore backgrounds
-other than lore notes, you also have to listen to informations from characters you met in the game (remember that some of those information can be misleading, incomplete, or subjective. make your own conclusion after analyzing and comparing informations you receive).
-unique item can have a background description on them that explains the origin of the item, the mythical lores of the game, or any other interesting info. some of them are also developer’s inserted jokes.

1 Like

Many thanks for the contribution.
I do not care about heavy spolier: D

1 Like

I really liked this explanation, great help, my friend.

if compared with greek mythology:

chthon = kronos with some prometheus influence
empyrion = zeus
korvaak = zeus’ brother (hades/poseidon) who got left behind on earth (zeus’ domain is heaven. so this kinda fits)

1 Like