Kra'vall- why he is weak!!!?

Okay, I have just pretty much given up on killing Kra’Vall with my level 95 Conjuror on Elite, with whom I just steamrolled Gargabol without it even coming close to hurting me. It’s not the boss being that tough, it’s bloody PLACEMENT. In order for my pets to be able to attack him, I’d have to stand right in front of the bloody thing, and it rains ice meteors, shoots water orbs, and hits me with 2 tentacles there, which kills me - with resistances at 80% and well over the max - in seconds. If I retreat back to the relative safety of the island, then pet AI - even on agressive - will make them come back to me and stand there. UUUUUGH.
Just… nudge the kraken a bit closer to the island, please. I cannot see how I am supposed to be able to kill it with my pets if I can’t even make them go near it. Or make the tentacles destroyable, and have him summon them same as the Loghorrean.

EDIT: Took me 4 more deaths, but I eventually wore him down, the “battle consisted” of me standing close to the mouth and dodging the meteors, and resummoning pets… except when he cast the whirlpool, then I promptly died. Even after killing him I died again from some damage over time. Anyone knows what sort of damage he does, and how can it do this much to capped resistances? Is it something like the Mad Queen whose aura lowers resistances to negatives? Anyway, I did it once, but this was certainly not a fun fight… I will try with a melee build next to see if it gets easier that way.

It’s mostly cold and physical (yes all the projectiles deal loads of physical) with a little bit of poison. There is no resist reduction, which is rare in a purple boss I suppose. There is however plenty of % life reduction, with a 25-80% one on a melee skill, which is I guess the highest possible value in the game? Either way, this thing hurts, armor is very important in this fight, as is cold resistance, having a source that raises max cold resist helps a lot as well.

Edit: this seems to be its default melee attack (taken from https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/216/skills )

3 Charge Levels: 100%
12 Second Charge Level Duration (Hidden)
112% Weapon Damage
359 Physical Damage
513-864 Cold Damage
25-80% Reduction to Enemy’s Health
1000% of Attack Damage converted to Health
1155 Frostburn Damage over 3 Seconds

Which seems… overpowered? 1k% adcth, wtf?

He is weak because you are too OP xd

Use the Pet Attack action. Just have that bound to left click as a pet build. I’m amazed you got to 95 without knowing this.

I just checked, and it seems he has a chargeable (what does “hidden” mean here?) skill indeed that does a huge amount of %Life reduction. I am thinking maybe this is something that he applies to his other attacks all the time? Maybe that’s why he can bring down HP so fast. Or his meteors do this damage too?

OF COURSE I do know and use it. Check since when I have been registered here… and I have mostly been playing pet builds.
But simply the Kraken is so far away from the island that if I send my pets there with pet attack while standing on the island, he is barely on screen, and my pets will turn and run back after attacking a few times. Even on Agressive setting.
I killed him by walking closer, as indeed it seems the safest place is to stand close to him, unlike with the Loghorrean.

1000% ADCTH might even equal to 1k heal. Monsters usually heal at least 100% of their damage dealt if we talk about ADCTH, and some (Kuba iirc) also heal for 1k damage dealt. Take in account that monsters usually hit for max 5k (I even exaggerated), so 1000 of this would be 50k heal, but, you can take that back with one or two hits. So basically, the 1000 ADCTH is just weak.

Kra’Vall attacks rarely with his basic attacks, so therefore it has 12 seconds duration. I think even Loghorrean has the same attack, but different types of damage.

Hidden means that the skill has a “cooldown” or more like just duration of the buff. If you hit someone using Savagery, you get one stack of it and it falls off after 2 seconds (2 seconds duration (hidden)) the same applies to Kra’Vall’s skill.

Fair enough. But it comes with 25-80% life reduction which seems, at best, a lazy way to kill the player.

25-80% Reduction to Enemy’s Health

How sweet. I know there was something off about his attack, well, this explain it.

Something seems off about this fight to me.

Kra’Vall has 4.67m (plus some healed back), the character in the video engages him from :31-:47 and :54-1:08 so 30s total, which gives about 150-160k real dps with at probably at least 20% acdth.

If you watch at 1:01-1:03 the char goes from full health to all circuit breakers triggered

1:01 14.2k - full health
1:02 9.8k - 4.4k hit (32% of max/current)
1:02 7.3k - 2.5k hit (17% of max, 25.5% of current) - tentacle slap
1:02 8k (leech/giants blood back 700)
1:03 8.8k (leech/giants blood back 800)
1:03 6.8k - 2.0k hit (14% of max, 23% of current) - this triggered a circuit breaker
1:03 4.3k - 2.5k hit (17% of max, 37% of current) - this triggered another circuit breaker
1:03 6.4k - (2.1k regained, not sure how, circuit breaker/combos?)
1:03 8.5k - (2.1k regained, not sure how, circuit breaker/combos?)
1:03 6.3k - 2.2k hit (15% of max, 26% of current)
1:03 2.4k - 3.9k hit (27% of max, 62% of current)
1:03 - full heal (anyone know how?)

So basically in 2 seconds, this Kra’Vall hit him 6x for roughly 16k.

He can do the following attacks.
a. Auto Attack 2x a second for 2.3-2.9k base + a 30% proc
b. Projectile burst (shown at :50)
c. Cast AoE / add summon (shown at :48)
d. Have tentacle attack you with 10s cooldown
e. Have tentacle attack you with 14s cooldown
f. Blizzard
g. Fire AoE projectile - Green circle on ground 9s duration

I think the hits from above were as follows

1. 1:02 9.8k - 4.4k hit (32% of max/current) - auto attack
  2. 1:02 7.3k - 2.5k hit (17% of max, 25.5% of current) - tentacle slap
  3. 1:03 6.8k - 2.0k hit (14% of max, 23% of current) - green circle
  4. 1:03 4.3k - 2.5k hit (17% of max, 37% of current) - auto attack
  5. 1:03 6.3k - 2.2k hit (15% of max, 26% of current) - green circle
  6. 1:03 2.4k - 3.9k hit (27% of max, 62% of current) - auto attack

The thing is, the damage he’s taking from the abilities seems much higher than grim tools would indicate. I wonder if the passive bonus “5% reduction to enemies health” is applied to every small hit, even standing in his dot pool or individual orb/blizzard hits.

The green pool should do 700 phys + 1100 cold per tick - before resists, even at relatively modest resist levels that should translate into 500 phys + 250. But above it appears to be hitting for 2k+ a tick.

Tbh I’ve never lost more than 40% HP from that guy. I think I should build less tanky characters sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had to trade out Stormcaller’s Pact for Primal Bond on my Grenadier Elementalist. I lose around 40K per Grenado crit but can survive the fight without dying. Long story short he has ridiculous damage spikes so having at least some form of damage reduction/absorption helps a lot (though that probably goes without saying).

I just wish his pattern was more obvious. I can’t seem to figure out when he’ll drop a blizzard or whirlpool or both. It just seems like if he feels like doing it, he will.

I could be wrong on this but the Slith that appear in the centre when defeated appear to damage the boss himself.

The blizzards are actually not his own attacks, they proc off the projectile fans/waves, from both him and the tentacles to the side.

I think the best way to farm him is to stand right on his face and just shot to kill. Or smack it.

Just fighted Kra’vall on Sunday with dervish char, just attacked him and that was it.Boom.

And that warranted a necro of a 2 year old thread?