Labourers VS. Porters

It would be a nice QOL addition if, in the same way we can assign a smaller group of labourers to building, we could select how many labourers would be used to transport goods. Call them Porters or something similar. I’ve had a number of games (including my current playtest) where a string of labourers will run along right in front of a wagon to pick up one ore from a mine, and then when the wagon arrives, it winds up only hauling a single ore because all the labourers each took one. At the same time, I have a build site that has been sitting waiting to start construction for over two years because there is one tree (set to priority harvest) in the build zone. Labourers run past it every day on the way to the mines, yet no one actually harvests the tree so construction can begin. I’ve even seen a few stop, swing at the tree once, then run off to the mine to haul goods.

Alternately, if we could select a specific labourer and assign it a task, like the option to have a guard, soldier, or hunter attack a specific target, that would also address the problem.

Cheers

1 Like

AI does need some work… being able to manually assign labourers to tasks as groups would be nice and wagons to be more effective and also give us some indication of what effect wagons have and what they are actively doing and same for labourers… u often build things and have wagons workers for stuff labourers builder’s… but dont actually know what they are doing and how much effect they are having and where? and what building are being actually worked on