Let us talk about mechanics in endgame, seriously

The one thing that is long overdue to be done to Grava - remove the homing nature of his ball. Absolute cancer for melee. I get the hellish theme of the boss but i don’t want to feel like i’m tortured while playing the game.

You dodge the projectile and move on. And they used to be much worse in testing because their null was the same as Loxmere: instant and with no way to dodge or counter.

Yeah, honestly I am alright with Grava having it since you know what to expect. It only becomes a problem if the map doesn’t have anything you can hide behind.

But a random Arcane hero hidden in a big pack? That is nightmare fuel right there. One moment you are fine and the next you go >Plop<. They might be relatively easy to find if you are looking for them and know they are there. But that is like playing where is Waldo…

1 Like

I don´t know if you are playing with GrimInternals (or if Crate´s own system can do this), but I only see the Health bars of heroes+. This way I can hover over these enemies and when I see “Arcane”, I focus it.

Not using GI. Does the ingame system allow for that?

Don´t know, I use GI. :smiley:

:frowning:

I’d love to see GrimTools back online again, but shortly said - retal warlord, OMOCHI’s essense drain retal opressor, Wildblood/Vaalgur conjurer. I look through the topics and posted vids and get no idea how ppl get that dps going with the same gear. Maybe its all nerfed by now.

I can get going many pet builds (all gear is found and present), but I am too bored with putting together and lvling toons just to find they fail too. There are some points that I did not put into the original post to keep it together and focussed, but I had enough of piano play in GD, pet builds just add to it, especially with pets for no reason being unable to trigger pet constellation effects. Or simple curses and very low dps debuffs completely averting mobs aggro to you.

I like the direction of this conversation :smile:

I should try if it’s possible, otherwise my Waldo will die from old age unfound in the crowd.

1 Like

Retal got justifiably nerfed down to mortal. To my knowledge wildblood valgur hasn’t been nerfed but as a piano caster demands a lot in execution.

If your expectations were that these all were unkillable OP builds that don’t require much effort from the player, then i guess they didn’t lived up to these insanenly high expectations.

All of these, specially retal Warlord, are still incredibly powerful. They are not just walks in the park like they used to be. You actually have to pay attention to what you are doing.

I watched his video…wouldn´t call it a piano build. :thinking:

Retal warlord Faceroll is actually alive and well. Just won’t do the same amount of DPS anymore if you go with the lazy version that is all. Can Facetank Cally in 6 mins still though it means like 11 min Crucible time. Will be updating my build once GT comes back up.

As for Pets, failing? piano? @Lich wut?

I play GD for years, I know how to pilot difficult situations. I killed all celestials (except crate), I can do stuff, I definitely do not see “unkillable OP builds that don’t rerquire much effort”, see the details of the original post.

I do not know about failing, and I see too many active abilities on the bar for these, thats what I said! If one can advise me, that terrific! I played pet builds in pre-malmouth GD, and these were rolling everything very well, some post-malmouth but without all-BiS items and it was ok, then I took a break from those and in Forgotten Gods idk.

Haven’t checked in on the more recent renditions. How many buttons we talking?

6+, not counting RMB and LMB and pots.

Look at the tags on the thread : The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Also, if you want the bare minimum of active abilities, then try out this one: Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist

1 Like

From the video:
He uses full bar with 2 pharma. I would put 4 skills on Mouse Buttons (Savagery L, Blood of Dreeg R, Pet Attack/Wendigo Totem Thumb)…then CoF, Bloody Pox, Devouring Swarm and Grasping Vines (and one I don´t know).

It´s okay, saw some builds with more.

Some buttons can be bound to 1 button macro, he doesnt use all buttons on the bar, see how the cds pop. And dps is still a question, right popping can get you more def, true, I have issue with correctly using ALL of these.