Let's make some unarmed builds :D

It’s one of those days where you can’t help but wonder if you can make a decent Grim Dawn martial artist or brawler type build. :smiley:

So, that’s what I’ve been exploring! I don’t get as much time to make/test builds after the theorycraft at the moment, so I’ve got a number of build ideas in various stages. If anyone would like to try building them and reporting back, by all means, I’d love to hear how these go. :smiley:

**EDIT: As I get around to making these, I’ll update this post :smiley: **

But also… have YOU got any unarmed build ideas? It could be a fun community challenge to see what you can all come up with :smiley: If you have any fun ideas, post 'em below. The only thing I’ll say is - the build should have a significant focus on melee attacks with unarmed strikes. These can be complemented with other attacks and procs, but the unarmed strikes should be a focus of the builds.

:: Brawler | Finished, Untested - Physical damage Witchblade
Grim Tools: Witchblade, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Perks: Not bad armor, fairly rapid War Cry, for an unarmed build it has quite good weapon damage, plus cadence - it’s damage output should actually be “not terrible” (for an unarmed build…!). It has a range of lifestealing and AOE attacks. Damage absorption and reduction to enemy damage for a bit of survivability.

Cons: Low DA at 2800, low HP at 12000. Low CC resists.

:: Ghoul | Finished, Tested- Vitality Damage Oppressor

Grim Tools: Oppressor, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Just tested this one out in Gladiator Crucible 100-110. Honestly, I was surprised that it survived and even did well without Crucible buffs! It’s damage output is actually really good because of it’s really fast attack speed and high WIPS proc chance. I’m also surprised by it’s tankiness. The high HP, AOE lifesteal from the Ill Omen + Wendigo’s Mark, coupled with 32% lifesteal, high mobility and being able to alternate Ascension and Mark of Torment all seem to make up for it’s very low phys resist, low armor, and low DA.

Perks: Lots of lifesteal! Good weapon damage (For unarmed). 85% chance to proc WIPS with Righteous Fervor. Should be able to get crits of up to ~170k. 19k HP. Reduction to enemy damage. Ascension and Mark of Torment for extra tankiness. Two movement abilities for high mobility.

Cons: No % damage absorption, only 2.8k DA - crits will hurt. Low armor, lowish phys resistance.

:: Zombie | Unfinished- needs augments and components - Themed Retaliation Build
Grim Tools: Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Perks: Zombie themed! As it gets attacked, it leaves toxic gassy goop all over the place. Just like a real zombie :smiley: High poison retaliation damage, 18% ret damage to attack to Righteous Fervor. 118% movement speed which is perfect for being a slow zombie. Weirdly decent physical resistance. 100% fire to acid conversion. Fairly good retaliation damage for an unarmed build :smiley:

Cons: Lowish HP, very low OA. The build may be tweaked later for better OA or more DA reduction to enemies. No % damage absorption - Hits are going to hurt!

:: Flame Fist | Finished, needs tweaking, Untested - Fire damage Saboteur
Grim Tools: Saboteur, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Perks: A range of firey AOE procs and attacks, including Vindictive Flame for extra AOE damage and healing. 24% dodge chance, decent OA/DA

Cons: Low HP at 10k, low phys resistance. Low weapon attack damage and no WIPS procs (damage is hopefully balanced by other firey AOE procs).

:: Wolverine | Unfinished, needs augs/components and attribute distribution - Bleed damage warder
Grim Tools: Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Perks: Very high bleed damage on cadence with 8 target maximum. Combination of War Cry and Primal Bond for damage reduction and tankiness. High HP. Dot damage is lovely <3 It means you can attack an enemy, then move onto the next trusting that the first will die shortly afterward anyway. 40% lifesteal.

Cons: Only 97% bleed RR - this will make fighting certain factions a bit arduous. very low phys resistance at 13%. Healing may be lacking. The build is too unfinished to know accurately if the OA/DA will be decent enough.

Post your unarmed builds below if you have any, or if you want to explore this lunacy with me :wink:

10 Likes

Doesn’t use brawlers distinction, trash builds. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Haha! What a fool I’ve been…!

2 Likes

Also didn’t use Ghoulish Hunger on my Ghoul build. What a hack.

3 Likes

What does EoR look like empty-handed ?

Unfortunately, it “requires a melee weapon”, so you can’t do it empty handed :frowning:

1 Like

Just built the Ghoul build. It’s… weirdly good! :smiley:

Here’s a clip of Crucible 100-110 with no cruci buffs to demonstrate tankiness and damage output.

1 Like

I was bored… remembered this thing going on about not using any weapons and only fists.

…& so I made this potato-like commando:

Has all the needed resists over capped, decent physical resists, and decent damage considering circumstances of boredom. Lokarr’s death truly is remarkable and not forgotten. I tried Ravager too ofc but u can and could tell from far away that it did close to nothing.

Still, fun stuff for 10 min. Don’t recommend anyone doing it, unless you want to challenge da memes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes