Let's talk about it; Crucible.

How? As this is simply BS. It’s a single player game and die farming doesn’t effect my game in the slightest, and hasn’t for the 1,000 hours I’ve played… Your self control effects your game… not die farming.

So… it’s basically an exploit…and if you seriously enjoy doing that just to get gear, that’s entirely down to you, but don’t expect the game to suddenly change just to produce the amount of drops you want.

What’s next… Oh I can fill my stash in seconds using tool whatever so the game must suddenly match this level of drops :rolleyes:

It’s not a case of you need the game to change just to suit you. It’s very, very simple… Learn some self control, or stop complaining that you can get gear too quickly by using an exploit :rolleyes:

A bit offtopic, but this made me chuckle. Lacking the time to play more is precisely the biggest reason of playing only casual.

I was hardcore player before. Now I have a daughter and I am a casual player. I’d love to spend 8 hours a day playing, more in the weekends, like before. But since I can’t, Im a casual player.

It seems you think that just wanting to play more, makes you hardcore :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sitting on thousands of hours (nearly 10) and die-farming, trading, and stash tools miraculously did not somehow ruin the game for me. You must imagine the pure agony I had to go thru knowing these things existed. /sarcasm

Nope can’t say I buy that cop out of an excuse.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

No, I don’t think that. I guess it comes down to how you define “casual”, “hardcore” and everything in between you left out. If you only include hours played then you’re right.

I don’t understand what you would like buffed at this point. Campaign was so buffed with super generous drop rates.

Crucible is crucible. You get a good piece of the pie at the end of the fight. There is nothing to buff there

Well, if you look for a guild/clan/community or whatever, and they look for no casual gamers, I can assure you they look for players who can play a lot.

Just what has that got to do with a single player game that has NO guilds/ clans etc and most of the community, from my view, doesn’t seem to care how many hours you have played, just whether you enjoy GD or not

What I was implying is, that I my definition of “casual” is broader than simply looking at hours played or hours played per day/week. For me, it also depends on how you play the game and what goals you wish to achieve.

Personally, I want to beat the toughest content the game has to offer using builds from this forum as inspiration, but it will take me many months (maybe even years) to get there. Thats why I wouldn’t consider myself a casual GD player.

Edit: @Djuntas Sorry for derailing your thread.

This again boils down to self-rules, and playing on your own terms.

Say, in Diablo 3, a very meta-tier game. If one method, no matter how dumb, everyone would do it, but because a large % of playserbase, plays Grim Dawn like a offline single player, they might not care enough.

But for those of us who do want to play the full game…trading, multiplayer mostly only (Playing alone is not as fun for me) etc, die farm is not the nicest thing to have.

Again, good for you to set your own rules and goals, I just simply can’t or won’t :slight_smile:

Also; For people commenting about drop rates already being fine in-game; I don’t know about that, Im simply ONLY comparing em to what die farm can offer.

play it however you enjoy it (ie on your own terms)

for those of us who do want to play the full game…trading, multiplayer mostly only (Playing alone is not as fun for me) etc, die farm is not the nicest thing to have.

if you do not like it, do not do it

Again, good for you to set your own rules and goals, I just simply can’t or won’t :slight_smile:

then either learn some discipline or accept the fact that you have none.

To me die farming is the stupid way to game the system. If you are willing to do that, why not simply get the gear with some tool ? Takes less time and is about as deserved…

Imho while getting gear with 3p tools is definetly about discipline, die farming is more about dignity (or the lack of it).

I mean i know that GD is mainly Action, but also RPG too, so having your Character, your Avatar, The Bailee Of Your Will purposedly die over and over and over and over and over and… er… where was i?.. oh yeah i got it over and over again to get that cheesy loot is much more about self-esteem than self control, but that’s just my 2 cents.

ps: mamba i didn’t quote you because i’m disagreeing with you on anything, only becasue of the context of my point.

>set rules and boundaries for self within game
>complain that game is not rewarding enough within those boundaries, that you made yourself
>imply that it’s someone else’s job to fix that

You can imagine how confused I am by all of this.

I don’t set rules for my self in any game. I play the game the game to the limit, but just the limit. Rules and limits are made by the game devs, shouldn’t be something I had to do for my self to “enjoy” or be “fulfilled” in a game, any game.

Take for instance all the challenge-modes people do in various games, just to extend the games life cycle or have fun; Not really for me (This could be anything from freaking nuzlocke challenge in pokemon to Iron man in WoW)

I just prefer a game that is not some game where you set your own rules. Not that I can’t partly do that, its also a fact that a lot of people simply won’t, which then leads to a grey-area in the community that effects trading, level etc.

I know, grim dawn has no competition…blablabla e-sports, but if we want to take this game just slightly serious…then its good with game dev’s caring about these meta-things like Die farm :slight_smile: Again read OP if you have questions, I worded it out good.

I can see where you’re coming from OP but as GD is largely a single player game --coop and mp crucible notwithstanding-- many of your points are simply irrelevant.

With that said, I can see a few of the “grey” areas you mention.

1. If I trade with a player that has GD Stash created the item have I cheated?
  2. If I run a coop with a player that has created all of their items and we do real well then have I cheated?
  3. If I run crucible as a weak character but I’m backed up by three strong characters then have I cheated?

I can understand your line of inquiry to a point, but even with the above mentioned questions, they can all be simply ruled out by player behaviour – or self imposed rules if you will. To that end, no adjustments to drop rates beyond what the developer intends are needed.

Imposing rules on oneself whilst gaming is not a new concept, neither is it indicative of a fundamental flaw in a game’s design.

why would someone that creates items bother trading ?

Also, no you did not cheat, he did

1. If I run a coop with a player that has created all of their items and we do real well then have I cheated?
  2. If I run crucible as a weak character but I’m backed up by three strong characters then have I cheated?

no to both

However, if you die-farm to get gear, that is closer to cheating than the above two examples imo.

I couldn’t possibly speak to others motivation, but perhaps for the social aspect? I haven’t traded anything yet, so for myself it’s a hypothetical. I have run crucible with stronger characters though, so I was wondering about that. But in hindsight I think I contributed to the play in some way.

Ok ill just be honest then. I actually did do die-farm to get 85-100. Went super fast, coulden’t bother level up (had done all quests already in AOM + old game minus new rep locked quests at that time…missing 15 lvls zzz) normally having no real gear as a pennati caster build.

Now that I did die farm for lvling is not so much…

But! The other day I was trading with a guy. While I did the die farm I looted a good Mindwarp weapon. He really wanted it, purely for its stats, and he’d give me a good Decree of Aldritch.

Now, if HE WAS TO get that Mindwarp vs his legit Decree, that would imo be a grey area. I know, as you said…no its not, cause Im the one who cheated.

Id just like to know that if I trade, with anyone, anytime, that the item I did receive wasn’t either…yes odd game methods or imports.

Also, me lvling in Die farm cause I had crappy gear and semi-crap build, also influenced how the game is…I could just roll with what I had, while other people would struggle…I mean christ, any B-tier caster builds with crap gear is PTSD in ultimate, but with die farm it doesn’t matter.

Not sure how you level while die farming, don’t your deaths undo whater progress, if any, you made ?

NO…it’s not the game…it’s your self control as you have been told many times already… Just because there’s a possible exploit, there’s no-one FORCING you to use it apart from yourself… and even if you do play like that, it sure as hell makes no difference to my game what the hell you do with yours. It’s a SP game.

Restrict your trading to the legit trading threads then. :wink:

Uh oh, you die-farmed, now the Grim Dawn police are going to come get you and charge you with a felony against the people of Cairn. Well, what’s left of them, anyway.

Except that never happens and never will because no one really cares. If you really want more gear than what you’re getting with standard droprates, then hell, die-farm or import away. As long as you don’t pull any Dick Moves™ and trade to people who prefer “legit” stuff, no one cares.