Let's talk about it; Crucible.

I sort of get were this guy is coming from in a way. I have 3 real life friends I play the game with and one of them has been tempted to use GD stash to edit his char and add items. It’s a single player game at heart sure, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy sitting in discord and playing with my friends.

If he does use it it kind of makes me not want to play with him because what’s the point when we are trying to gear up and do challenging content together if he just gives himself all the best gear and out classes the rest of us. Can I resist the temptation, so far yes, can he? Time will tell.

I sort of feel like personally if I use something like that it’ll pretty much be the end of my time in GD because why play when you can just give yourself anything you want. I might give myself everything I want, try some cool builds, clear all challenge content, and then what? Honestly probably move on to another game.

I kind of wish they didn’t allow mods that let you edit characters and items. I do love my rainbow item color mod though, I don’t know how I got by without that one for so long.

edit: I realize my forum account is new, but I’ve actually been playing the game since I got it about a year ago.

We’ll, maybe people should care? What is wrong to lift this game into a more legit or competitive scene?

If people just wan’t to play offline single player games…Imo there is tons of better once out there.

You can’t even do die farm on hardcore, so what’s your point?

This seem to be just a “you” problem. Why should the game be changed because of a problem you specifically have? You do know this will also affect the people who don’t care about this because the game would have to changed to make you stop having this “problem”.

And this game is basically an offline single player. Having a barebones multiplayer barely counts for anything.

Also, this game can’t be made competitive when mods exist and they encouraged by the developers. At this point just accept these things or move on to another game.

I think GD stash gave the game a few hundred extra hours for me to enjoy, but I have never used the item edit/crafting section. I do believe that once you start doing that, you’ll lose interest in the game soon after, as there is nothing left for you to find, taking a large amount of enjoyment from the game.

However, GD Stash saved me hours of time going through mules to save and find gear. I was about to quit, when I realized that there were apps that could save me all that time. Gd Stash was that app for me and it made the game a lot more enjoyable when I could store my new found items in about 15 seconds after a game session. And it made it a lot easier to find gear for my characters as well. Just avoid the edit section, and you are good.

The amount of sheer bullshit both devs and players would need to deal with in order for that to happen, for one. Mods would have to go the way of the dodo or be STRICTLY curated by the devs themselves (neither are attractive options), devs would have to spend a lot of money setting up secure closed servers and would have to expend time, effort and more money constantly patrolling said servers to root out cheaters, and all of this would steal precious resources from other, more relevant things like game updates, additional content, so on and so forth.

Feel free to name some and explain exactly what makes them “better”.

This game was designed from the ground up as a single player game. The co-op play is just tact to make a few players happy. For this type of game, I’m not sure I could name a better game. I do enjoy some other genre single player games as much or more, although I don’t think I’ve ever played another single player game longer than this one.

GD was conceived as a SP focused game from the beginning. Why don’t you find a better online multiplayer game to play?

No they should not. A lot less people care for competitive play than you seem to think, that is a niche, just because you are apparently in it does not change it. That is what is wrong with your idea.

If people just wan’t to play offline single player games…Imo there is tons of better once out there.

Which SP focused ARPG do you consider better ? And given how unsuitable GD is for your preferred playstyle, why don’t you instead look for a game that better fits your needs instead of trying to change this into one ? Go play PoE or something like that and let us enjoy GD the way it is. Not every game is competitive MP centric, thank god.

What exactly do you mean by more legit? You’ll need to qualify that statement, as all the competitive games that I am aware of have had serious issues with cheating/bots/scamming etc. etc. In addition to that, many of those ‘competitive’ games have serious issues with toxicity within the community which is driven by that competitive mentality. Elitism is not a pleasant characteristic whether it be in a game or in a person.

And therein lies the rub.

I’ve actually been considering using it for the stash part myself, but the character and item sections will take discipline.

Just use Item Assistant instead. It has no cheat functionality at all.

Late to the thread and haven’t read the various comments but I will say this:

I can play the game without ruining the story which is a lot of fun for me. Me and my wife love to play ARPGs together but her computer sucks and mine can barely run GD so while we save a little more cash I get my fix of this awesome game.

Seriously, it’s fun trying to beat the system with that being the sole aim.