Let's talk about : Underpowered Set

Yes, well, I can add a gun and amy to Justicar and it would outperform Ulzuin by a large margin. Don’t compare bonuses in vacuum - for Ulzuin you simply don’t have a room for maneuver. You are stick with this horrible gun and amulet. For Justicar you can add anything you like.
See:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYR93B2
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g06X6V
Ulzuin must offer something to counter Justicar tankines. And its extremely hard when your gun sux.

@korsar

Fluff’s old build was less burn focused and more about Shotgun+procs

just to make sure it’s on the “table” Justicar, as tanky as it is, loses the 6% phys res with ranged while ulzuin has 8% in set bonus.

Heavy Armor, HP and more DA would like to say “hello”

It was implied all, i did post a 2h rifle purifier with it:p

Was pointing something out that might have been omitted. You still need some phys res to survive reaper in crucible, unless you manage to burst him really fast

Barrelsmith’s Destroyers.

Dagallon could use improvement in set bonuses but individual pieces are OK out-of-set.

Don’t forget the armour absorption from the 2 piece bonus either, gives you another component slot to play with.

Adding to other sets that could do with looking at, I’ll say Nature’s Avenger (alongside Upheaval) is one of them.

Oh lol

10 bucks says everyone forgot about this set before you brought it up. :D:D:D:D

@Fluff
K, agreed on that

@Ceno
Why Barrelsmith? Grenado + Canister is pretty solid
And why Dagallon pieces? I have more issues with the set and less issues with the pieces. The pistols are good and the faceguard is very good for Trap builds

hmm. hmmmm…hm?

It’s what he said, set not pieces :slight_smile:

I don’t think this is the issue with it, I think the problem is that the WPSes/bonuses to Bursting Round/% Attack Speed give the impression that it can (or should?) be used as a ranged attacker.

But trying to do so and make it a Grenado/Canister Bomb build leaves you stretched on points or have to devote a large amount to Demolitionist.

It somewhat reminds me of the Runebinder set in that it’s devoted to a pair of cooldown-based skills and a default weapon replacer but Runebinder does it better.

And why Dagallon pieces? I have more issues with the set and less issues with the pieces. The pistols are good and the faceguard is very good for Trap builds

He mentioned that the problem is the set bonuses, not the individual pieces and I kind of agree. Might just me but I don’t think Dagallon should have supported Word of Pain from the beginning and that the bonuses should have gone elsewhere.

Lol I read it reverse. I agree, the set bonuses could use some work

Also agreed on Barrelsmith points

You know which set needs a buff? Nex/ortus

I find Barrelsmiths to be crazy good both in caster and autoattack builds.
It gives huge cd reduction, with good fire bonus, with excellent weapon pool skills and heavy skill bonus.
If anything, it has too much going for it. It’s not pure wps or pure spells, but it does both jobs exceedingly well.

As for Wildblood/Wildheart Vanguard… It’s a 3 piece set that makes grasping vines godly. It may not be able to tackle the hardest content out there, but destroying an entire screen of trash with one click is nice. Pretty good for casual farming.

This reads entirely of theorycraft and not actual application.

Having actually played a barrelsmith build, I found myself having very little time to actually shoot anything in between throwing bombs and repositioning. Or a real need to do so, no trash survives the bombs and bosses need to be kited usually.

It is indeed terrible :slight_smile:

A weapon that screams “do physical primal strike” and then the set bonuses are … well, shit. No other way to put it. Crit bonus for a WPS, upheaval… not Crate’s finest work.

Admittedly, my last guide is more than one year old. But I played with both barrelsmiths and Vanguard.

Barrelsmith first because I wanted to update on my pure demolitionist take. Worked well and I realised I had comparable dps on a purifier by using canister+grenado and not using them. edit: meaning that the same character with barrelsmiths worked as well as a pure caster and a pure firestriker, barring some skill respec.

Vanguard, I just wanted to push grasping vines as hard I could. I tried a lot of things: full fire grasping vines kinda works, but is too hard to pull of. Your characters ends up clearing areas fine but has trouble against bosses.
Wildblood Vanguard makes it way easier and doesn’t cripple the rest of your abilities. Grasping vines truely does impressive damage at ultimate levels and it triggers devotions real hard (probably the best skill at proccing devotions with no/low cooldowns).
You know vitality caster is as old as first shaman release. And grasping vines is the strongest dps vitality spell when you consider it’s awfully short cooldown and stackability (except the bleed of course).
The set is not amazing. But it does one job very well: making grasping vines strong enough to clear packs on his own. And since it has a huge radius, I consider it worthy enough.

literally wat
What part of this set screams physical primal strike to you? 0% of this set has anything to do with primal strike, its a WPS warder set. Guess what? WPS dont work with primal strike.

EDIT: Okay the weapon conversion-- but shitting on the set for not supporting something the set inherently doesnt support makes no sense. Turns out WPS savagery warder works just fine (even if you have to have shitty 2h attack speed)

Excuse me for taking the one unique thing this set does and running with it, because WPS savagery is done better in many other ways :wink:

I really doubt that you’d come up with a better result for 2h physical wps savagery than with this set.