Let's talk about : Underpowered Set

Am I the only one thinking the deathmarked set needs some kind of Hp boost?
Using this set, without OpOpie Mis you most likely can end with under 10k hp.

If not the set itself then maybe cold based devotion?

I mean to do a SS Spellbreaker build my current gear use 1 part of the set (gotta do it that way for more damage and HP).

I’ll grant you that, if only because it’s the only viable option for 2-handed. That epic sword only converts half the lightning and there are literally no other options. Pretty low bar to clear :stuck_out_tongue:

Well you can make up for the incomplete conversion with other armor slots.

There is one problem with this, and that is the completely unintuitive and weird interaction between elemental conversion and elemental subtype conversion (fire, cold, lightning).

For those not up to speed on this topic -> http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=564116&postcount=4

This is something which I think should be changed, pretty much no matter what (because it really is bizarre), but that’s already off-topic enough for this thread.

T’was funny when I tried 4pc ROS Korba Infiltrator and while it was good in campaign, execution literally did more damage than RoS. And it was without shard of beronath, just a normal auto attack with lethal assault.

I think it’s not just a simple weapon damage increase in RoS that the set needs. It’s making RoS use both weapons, along with an energy cost decrease.

Agreed. Deathmarked set seems to have no place in the current meta,

The only thing DM needs is OA when playing pierce infiltrator

What’s the consensus on the invoker set?

You would go with DM over Belgothian set? I still think Deathmarked needs more HP. With other sets/damage type you usually can have 1k to 3k more HP, more with some builds. I’m talking about dualwield builds with similar defensives stats.

I think Invoker is fine. It’s the best way to play elemental PRM right now and some people have produced great builds with it.

Yeah, an additional OA completion bonus to the set (let say 3 or 4 set completion bonus), or OA bonus on Helm would be nice.
Testing Cold Infiltrator with DM, for get nice OA forcing me to take Aura of Conviction

Not sure about HP or OA for Deathmark’s Shadow but it could use some Cold Mods for Shears/AQC/Execution. It’s kinda outdated and people rarely use the full set these days
Btw didn’t the complete set give you 30% Chance to avoid melee attacks? Was that changed to Physical Resist?

Vileblade could use a small upgrade in its skill mods as well. Like the complete set bonus granting -0.5s -1s skill recharge to Ring of Steel (on top of the existing CDR granted by the set)
Complete Venomblade was rarely used even in Vanilla, usually MQ Claw was preferred and now we have Deathguard Dagger so full Vileblade is also kind of a rare sight. I’d say making it’s RoS mods more powerful would give the set more of an identity. Also adds a new playstyle

75% deflect total from seat shadow dance and inquis seal.

Not deflection dude, I am aware of that

I am talking about Dodge. Wasn’t there Chance to Avoid Melee Attacks instead of Physical Resist

no dodge. Full set gives 15% phys res, 30% deflect and rr spell

Nah, it was always for projectiles since way back.
I don’t think DM is so bad, with the multiple buffs it had you can get a solid build with the whole set that performs well and is relatively easy to get.

And if you want more performance after that you can start farming Chillstrifes or Malkadarr swords.

I did it pierce infiltrator with 87% conversion

Speaking of gear more general can’t find much phys/pierce stuff.
Everything seems to come with damage types not fully supported in pierce build, like with Mythical Bloodsong or then with skills not best focused to pierce like CoS.
Havin options for Derm Slicers would be nice.

That’s what I am asking was it always like this?

I thought it was

• RR
  • Dodge
  • Deflect

EDIT:

Never mind I was thinking of Belgothian’s Ring proc. It had proc’d at some point while I was checking my stats and I must’ve thought DM gives me Dodge chance

My biggest gripe with the set is that I usually end up switching my weapons and never use the full set. So a little more juice wouldn’t hurt imo
As for Pierce I am never touching Deathmark, I’ll just keep tinkering with Blind Assassin to see if I can improve my build even further

Even with Vileblade I can dick around with Ring of Steel on Deathmark it’s either SS/WPS or GTFO. And for SS/WPS there are better options

yes man was allways like this

Dodge would be OP, imo. It’s enough you can make infiltrator haruspex

With few honorable exceptions all top earlier introduced sets аrе somewhat underpowered (partly due to nerfs they suffered earlier) when compared to their newer counterparts, ofc that doesn’t mean that whole sets are bad, almost every of them has some nice pieces but as whole sets, most of them are lacking if not completely underdoged.
To simplify a bit: when did you last time saw full dethmarked, full ultos, full dreeg or full markovian build? And arguably those were strongest sets back in days.
Ofc that isn’t necessarily bad thing and to some extent is improving build diversity a bit, but in order to even be used in any build some items of those sets (ie. DE weapons, Hood of Dreeg) are in desperate need of some reworking.