LF up-to-date Vitality Cabalist beginner guide for Fresh Start in 1.1.9.7

I’m looking for an up to date beginner leveling guide for Vitality Cabalist for a Fresh start in 1.1.9.7. Its been a really long time since I’ve played the game and I need to get reacquainted. There is a guide in the beginning section of Build Compendium X:

The guide looks like it might be out of date. It lacks detailed faction info. and devotion progression. Faction info. like:

• which factions to take
  • what items to buy
  • who to kill and who not to kill
  • any faction based quests that should be delayed until some other faction and/or quest achievement is completed

I’m sure there is more. Thanks in advance.

it’s not

because it’s irrelevant to the build, ie you can do what you like
expansions made outcast and kymon/vigil stuff mostly outdated
if there is some desire or a need for specific stuff you can always do the trick of siding with both, get revered with ex Kymon through Normal+Elite, swap to Vigil on Ultimate
-likewise with barrowholm if you wish to have them hostile on ultimate you can side with them on normal+elite and get revered, the flip later
Outcast is up to you
*keep in mind if you pick Necromancer class before encountering the Kymon faction choice, you can’t side with them, they refute Necros. You can side with them first and pick Necro after and they’ll be fine with that

it has devotion progress, has a big section on devos, and you can see progress in the levelling Grimtools snapshots

you can see that in the grimtools links, just like the devos

So the devos haven’t changed since 1.1.6.2 and the skills across all classes? If those factions are irrelevant to the build does that mean FG content is so much better and more important to the build?

… and thank you for responding.

I am gonna eventually update the build but it’s hard to keep every single of my builds to the latest patch. The thing is, even if some things are changed, it could still provide some basic information about a build.

In terms of factions, FG ones aren’t mutually exclusive and in ultimate difficulty you can/should max them. Vigil vs Kymon? Kymon won’t cooperate with Necromancers, so you don’t have any choice. And as always it’s better to be friendly with Outcast and Barrowholm but it’s not deal breaker if you’re hostile.

1 Like

My critique is not a criticism of you. It has just been the progression of patch changes of GD that there has been lots of changes to devos and alterations to skills. The work put into making the guides is appreciated. I just did not want to spend 10 to 20 hours and realize toward the end that I was following something that was outdated.

GD might change a bit, but it usually doesn’t change that much, much less on the devo front
and very few core skills are changed to such degree the beginner guides become invalidated/obsolete
most thing’s past 1.5 or 1.6 should be totally fine, some older stuff even too
the 2 biggest changes that have happened mechanically in GD the last couple of years was armour bypass fix for converted phys dmg, and ranged passthrough effect, neither which had much significance to levelling builds (even the ones using stuff like desolator or sandspitter), and ofc no relation to vit casters/this particular one
keep in mind most patches are about dmg balance changes, up/down, primarily endgame focused, and dmg up or down on a devo or item doesn’t really break a levelling build if an endgame version is nerfed, not like Crate would drastically alter how that many skills and devotions function (aside from fixing ones that weren’t working :grin:) all of a sudden 3 patches later

if a build is past 1.5 it’s after “the great MI patch” which also helped boost levelling builds, so any of those are totally good, earlier guides might not feature some of those new available MIs then

yep, AoM and FG factions made Outcast and Kymon/Vigil 98% obsolete, they are more for flavour, and a super niche tightspot case where you desperately need ex 18% fire resist augment, or chaos+vit or vit+aether because your itemization was just that squeezed out of options
only other thing of use they have is recipes, and i believe kymon/vigil share component blueprints, and the faction crafts arent’ anything special/mandatory
Outcast has gotten some new legs as boss drop, which few builds use, and fewer still use her shop items these days (if any at all)
main choice is really whether or not to ally or go hostile with Barrowholm, but you can basically cheese your way out of that like i mentioned in the first post, which means whatever you want you can get access to even on a single char

1 Like

Thank you guys.