[Lightning Caster] Winter King's Might 2h Lightning Elementalist

BUILD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

Firstly, thanks to Sobertooth for hisInfernal Tremors Pyromancer which got me interested into 2h Caster builds.

Now I wanted to make a 2h Fire based and a Lightning based Caster, Fire based Caster would’ve been a carbon copy of my Physical Forcewave build so I didn’t go for it.
Then I got this crazy idea for a WK Might build and it turned out to be surprisingly well.

Build Concept-

1. Arcanist vs. Shaman-

Now, Arcanist has it’s own benefits. Since WK Might is innately a Cold based skill the synergies would’ve been great with Arcanist and there’s the case of energy issues and cast speed.

Shaman brings a lot to the table and we have some nice sources of energy cost reductions so energy isn’t an issue either. Plus we also get a fuck-ton of Electrocute support
We have to sacrifice cast speed a little but we get insane amounts of tankiness so it’s fine.
Most importantly Shaman gives us access to Brute Force passive which gives us a much needed boost in flat Lightning Damage.

2. Stacking Flat Damage-

Well the skill itself lacks any Lightning Damage so Brute Force and Eye of the Storm give us fuck-ton of flat damage

3. Countering energy issues-

Now mind you Tree of Life is the best way to deal with this on non-arcanist builds.
But this build doesn’t use it :rolleyes:
I collected skill energy cost reductions from Owl, Relic and Focusing Prism and then went for Harvestmen Scythe coupled it with Mogdrogen’s Pact for a pretty good energy sustain.

4. Shotgun build-

If anyone is wondering then build’s like Tremors, Stun Jacks, Phantasmal Blades and Winter King’s Might are classified as Shotgun builds the sheet DPS is that of a single projectile.

Actual DPS = Sheet DPS x No. of Projectiles.

GrimCalc (w/ plus skills and devotions)-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-XStWJN

Keybinding-

LMB- Empowered Lightning Nova
RMB- Winter King’s Might (w/ Reckless Tempest)
Keyboard 1- Flashbang (w/ Arcane Bomb)
Keyboard 2- Wendigo Totem
Keyboard 3- Thermite Mines
Keyboard 4- Storm Totem (w/ Elemental Storm)

-Alternatively Storm tap can be used in LMB instead of Nova to proc Elemental Storm.

-Tempest needs to be bound to WK Might for reliable procing.

Screenshots (Contain toggled auras)-

Rashalga Kill-

Items-

Weapon- Stormreaver
Helm- Crown of the Winter King
Shoulders- Light’s Defender Epaulets
Chest- Light’s Defender Plate
Gloves- Light’s Defender Gauntlets
Pants- Stonehide Solael-Sect Legguards of Kings
Boots- Stonehide Exalted Treads of Kings
Belt- Ulzuin’s Torment
Rings- Incorruptible Bloodsworn Signet of Celerity
Amulet- Empowered Essence of Beronath
Medal- Mark of Divinity
Relic- Eye of the Storm

The Peerless Eye isn’t very crucial to the build as procing Tempest on bosses is no issue since it’s bound to our main skill. Thus we prefer Empowered Essence for Cast Speed.

Obviously, one can go for Peerless Eye to make use of the crit damage we have

Bosses-

No one would give you any trouble save for the Queen. When facing Mad Queen watch out for her aura. Blast shield, our high Hp, Wendigo Totem and a 3-layer Devotion defense keep us from getting one shot but she’s the most dangerous boss due to her hax aura.

In Closing-

Big thanks to Sobertooth for agreeing to trade for this helm.

This is a pretty fun build which presents the concept of using % Weapon Damage to “transform” skills.

The build is pretty tanky and can take a lot of punishment which i personally tested in Port Valbury and Bastion of Chaos. It’s pretty unique build and is pretty fun.

This concept can be extended to other damage types as well.

I had a lot of fun with this build and hope you guys do as well.

(Reserved)

Reserved for Later

Nice concept !! another really original build to add to your already long list !!

Lol thanks

I returned to GD since I took a break from Salt and Sanctuary which I started playing during break from GD :rolleyes:

Can’t think of any story based games. I am being recommended Firewatch but no idea how good it is :undecided:

cant say neither, still i loved torment tide of numenera, didnt finished yet, but really really good so far, but you have to love wall of texts :rolleyes:

Anyway, damn !!!
I mean i didnt tried your ortus nex build yet that you are already posting another one xD
days should be 72h long …

-Lol

-Nex and Ortus is a pretty old build, i failed too many times on that one.

-Torment is on my list, last on my list (i save the best for the last :D)

-I am trying to relax a little on the RPG styled games and am trying more story oriented and less gameplay oriented games.

same i failed on this one already, but always wanted to make it work thats why i have to try it so bad !

until gd expansion is out !

Well yeah

Or maybe till Wolcen gets out early access. Which ever comes first

I also have an option for Scribblenauts or Sir, You’re being Hunted. Might start something else today

well sounds like you’ll be pretty busy no matter what ^^

Exact opposite actually, the point is to not be busy.

Just sit down and relax while enjoying the story not spending hours trying to theorycraft stuff cause one boss one shots you.

I’d watch a movie or some TV show but frankly there’s nothing that interests me at the moment. I already saw Logan besides that nothing even mildly interests me

meant more in general way but i get your point ^^

Brute force isn’t displayed in the grimcalc, I’m assuming 12/12 + bonuses?

Is Tempest Mine not usable here? Would free the WKM slot for Widow or Elemental Storm. Or would that result in worse kill times?

I’m holding my breath for a mythical Winter King’s Crown in the xpac and other similar items, Mythical Obsidian Juggernaut really made my hype levels go high :smiley:

-Fixed it, thanks

-Thermite Mines isn’t usable at all

-Same here, kinda excited to see what Mythical items we would get on the final release

Fixed one of the screens when it was brought to my attention (Sorry for not noticing earlier, life would be much more simpler had WK Might been an LMB skill)

There were 11 unspent skill points :rolleyes:

I had missed it somehow

I distributed them

By the way, Grenado is a solid option for single target if one wants to consider going for it

You’ll have more than enough skill points to get both Grenado and Storm Totem

What did 1.0.0.9 remove the ability to use thermite mines for devotiion procs all together? Last I played it could still be used on crit procs like Reckless Tempest.

The OA is too low to bind Tempest to Mines (that’s what i meant)

I hence use it on LMB to have a reliable proc chance and use Nova/Totem/Tap for Elemental Storm

It works quite well

1.0.0.9 only made Meteor Mines unusable

You should try Hollow Knight if you liked that Salt game, it’s kind of similar and a lot of fun.
The combat in that game is very satisfying and player skill based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJnpYTq8KWE (gameplay video of some of the harder content, no real spoilers)

What’s the point of Empowered Lightning Nova? Are you just using it because you’re using Amber for lightning conversion?