Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

It’s done now. Everything seems to be working. Thanks for helping.

I want to ask one last thing. My guess is that it doesn’t work because “200 lvl-75 devotion cap” and “caravaner” mod are combined. Do you have a chance to publish the “200 lvl-75 devotion cap” version without combining it with the “caravener” mod so that you don’t have the same problem when you update your mod?

It has nothing to do with caravans. For example, my Mod is “300 lvl-165 devotion cap” . :face_with_thermometer:
The caravan is a completely independent UI system.

@Van_Houck Hail friend! I just wanted to say that this mod of a mod is just perfect. It really hits the sweet spot for me. DoM is so sprawling in its possibilities, and I want to play with a lot of them. The pacing you have introduced makes this seem fun and natural. I have a small idea of how much work it took it pull this off; thank you. You are a god damn super star. Thanks again. <3.

1 Like

Thank you for enjoying it, the compliment is much appreciated!

I wish to have almost all the features from the non lightweight exept the gods and corruption, how can i do this.

You can disable the random events through the in-game console, corruption does nothing without them:

Type this: character.GrantPlayerToken ULTIMATE_MECHANIC_DEACTIVATED
To undo this type: character.RevokePlayerToken ULTIMATE_MECHANIC_DEACTIVATED

This only works in Custom Game. Let me know if you are playing through the other method (/basemods).

Thank you very much

Really wish I could have just the personal hideout without anything else.

Is there a way to get that?

i like this mod except for the fact that i cannot talk to lokarr in the crucible. i have combined this and dom and if i use dom by itself i can talk to lokarr. but combined, nope. any help would be appreciated

Luckily I already had the source ready: Personal Hideout. I did not test this. Consider using the /basemods method to avoid Custom Game altogether.

This was already reported a month ago, you can get it working by doing what I wrote here: Comment. If you are using GI to play Crucible, copy the Scripts.arc from the “FasterLeveling/resources” folder instead.

Tried the methods you recommended, but it didnt work for me. also by “FasterLeveling/resources” do you mean the folder that has the, dom and fast level, combined mod in it, if so then i have tried that… but the thing is that when i put the crucible setting on(without GI), my charecters are there but at level 1 and if i try to launch them. the game goes back to main menu. im am going to try the methods you listed again. thanks for the help though

does that download include the data for the portal to get to the personal hideout? I’ve looked everywhere in Devil’s Crossing and I’m not seeing anything.

So I could be wrong, but I think the only two ways to play a mod in Crucible is through either Grim Internals or the /basemods method. Are you using a different method?

The entrance to the hideout (the boat) is in the same place as before. If using the /basemods method, make sure you also renamed the Maps.arc to Levels.arc, or else the modified world map won’t be loaded.

I didn’t rename maps to levels, that got it working. Thanks

i am using grim internals

I wouldn’t mind hearing how to do this in /basegame. I would appreciate the extra convenience features while playing normal/elite rather than jumping straight to ultimate.

Also, I’ve noticed two things: popping loot orbs as stacks yields less than individually destroying them. Additionally, if you drop an orb, sometimes it just vanishes without providing anything.

It seems to happen with the drop key, but will reliably occur (more often, not always) if you drag & drop onto an interactable by accident, i.e. an npc or vendor. I’m guessing the engine doesn’t buffer scripts, so another trigger overrides it if they’re called after the first has a chance to run?

Just guessing, there’s a way to minimize this manually and it lines up with how the game handles simultaneous input & lag (doesn’t trigger all inputs like skills if too many are activated at once).

The reason why it is not working with GI but /basemods, is that the order of overwriting is different between the two.

For GI it probably works like this: base game < crucible < mod
For /basemods: base game < mod < crucible

So for GI, my modified files overwrite the crucible, which is why it won’t work. You can only get it working by deleting these files/folders from the installation folder of my mod (…/Source/Non Lightweight/database/records/) and then fully reinstalling it (as in deleting dom):

• scriptentities
  • creatures/defenses
  • creatures/npcs - everything except merchants folder

Not sure if this works, though. Can’t do more about that.

You can check out the guide here, if this is what you meant!

I never noticed this. Popping multiple sphere (in my testings mostly legendary spheres), they always yield the expected loot - popping 4 drop like 4 to 6 uniques, while 1 only 0 to ~1.

I also tried to drop them onto merchants, NPCs, the riftgate, a note, and they always popped. Note, loot spheres can not be destroyed next to a stash, they won’t pop then, maybe you tried it close to one?

I also tried it with the drop key, of which existence I did not know of, same result. I might play through my other mod Nydiamar soon, which also has these spheres, and will then play around a bit more, maybe I can reproduce it there instead!

Sorry, I already followed that guide, been playing for 100+ hours with it, works well. I didn’t use the full feature version because I don’t want to unbalance the game, just save time. I’d like to upgrade if it’s possible to enable console & use your recent help for disabling those features for a hard modded install. Ultimately shifting the saves & paths for my in-progress char was too time consuming & added too many complications to justify for a mod intended to save time.

As for the loot orbs:
I have an older computer, so it’s likely dependent on lag. I already have to deliberately space inputs in combat or the game will drop them. This is also why it may not be reproducible, and why slowing down and spacing out my actions helps prevent it.

My thinking is it’s not a bug or logic error but a result of the engine. It occurs more in system intensive situations and concurrent function calls, but not always. I imagine the call stack should usually resemble:

drop orb
destoy item confirmation ui
orb loot spawn
component replacement per component
pathing & movement
interaction, npc & dialogue ui

Except the processing lag jumbles it up and doesn’t call the spawn scripts hooked to item destruction and/or misses some component replacements. Similar deal with the stack spawns, if it doesn’t multiply/sum the spawns and rather calls the script for each instance.

I am a very novice programmer and don’t have much free time to pull logs/parse the actual scripts to give weight, just a gut feeling, sorry.

Simply use these archives after installing the full feature version through the /basemods method to disable the God Events (I guess why you want the console?), as well as enabling the Mystic River for Normal & Elite. All other kinda unbalanced features can be ignored. The dog inside the hideout has all Ultimate dialog options shown on lower difficulties. Though max level will still be 125.

Faster Leveling (N) archives.zip (59.9 KB)

Hmm, can’t really do anything about the loot spheres. I’m kinda clueless, so no idea if there would be a better way to do them.

If you are interested, when I released them some time ago, I also wrote how I did them:

When the player destroys a sphere, some function gets called that spawns a breakable loot container right on top of them, and then instantly breaks it to drop the loot.

This function also gets called when the player:

• Receives a sphere as a reward directly or through dialog
  • Drops one from an enemy or chest
  • Combines two stacks inside their inventory
  • Uses the dialog option to pop the last available sphere (stacks somehow do not call the function)
  • Loads into the world for the first time
  • Puts one inside their stash

Now we only want the function to pop something when they actually destroy one by dropping it.

For the first three cases, we check if the amount of spheres the player previously had were reduced or not, since this would only be the case if they destroyed one by their own. The function that gets called can only count the current amount they have after destroying the sphere(s), so we need a count from before that point to compare to — which we get on loading into the world, on picking up a sphere (to update the count) and on leaving the stash area (since they could put some away).

For the dialog option, we count the spheres each time and ignore the dialog pop for the last sphere, so it pops through the new function instead (or else there would be two pops).

For the stash we need to disable the function while the player is next to it, which we do through a trigger that also enables the function again when the player leaves the stash area. There seems to be no way to differentiate between putting something into the stash and destroying something — this unfortunately means that if the player destroys one next to it, nothing happens.

For the loading into the world, we just add a short downtime of one second for the function.

Then we also got the problem with popping stacks of spheres instead of individual ones, since the function only gets called once. Solved by looping the pops for the difference of the previous and current amount of spheres the player has.

Lots of opportunities for it to not work, or worse, to be exploitable — which is why I had not done it previously.

Thank you very much for the help, very much appreciated. As for the orb loot, I wouldn’t bother. The function being disabled near the stash may explain 60-80% of the disappearing orbs, and the rest can be mitigated. I don’t expect you to compensate for my crap PC, I thought I’d just bring it up in case their was a known solution / user error, which may indeed be the case.