Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Thank you for the changes to Crucible. Great job!

Hm, the link seems fine for me? The download file ends with fixed.

Lots of stuff is easy to change, such as weight of loot drops or experience rates, so I don’t mind making an extreme version too, if it only takes a few minutes to change values. I will see what I can add!

Sounds like a lot of work for me, ha. I’m trying to keep everything simple and easy, so I won’t get burnt out. But I could add an option so one can exchange keys for Beutekugeln (Monster Infrequents) instead.

I’m working on an update for my other mod that adds random events which can happen wherever you are, even during boss fights. These events can be influenced through so called “Favor of the Gods” (— determines if a good or bad event happens) and “Corruption” (— affects event frequency and intensity). I want to bring it over to this mod, but it’s going to take a while, maybe 1-3 weeks.

Yes!

Cool. 1 thing I definitely would like is bigger stash. Didnt even realize you were that Nym (however spelled) mod. You sure do alot of work for gd. Please dont make unchained too hard. Ive dropped more then one mod in past due to difficulty. I usually run pets & if I cant survive etc. Or make it an option too like heavy metal dude.

ooh yes make farming less grindy too :smiley:

oh it’s fine without the vendor dude lol still an awesome and useful mod man looking forward to what other features you have in store

After trying again a couple times to see I was not crazy, I saw this download is a patch and has different links. Either way, thanks for the mod.

This mod seems really cool, I want the full on mod not the lightweight so I installed the nonlightweight version is that correct? Kind of confused.

Yeah, that is correct. The NonLightweight version adds all features listed under Intrusive Features.

perfect ty Van!

a doubt, the link of the non light version is 100% updated too? I saw that light had bugs, so non should have, too, did you fix both?

launches the path of the non version soon, I tested many mods, but the only one I liked was this one, because it is immersive

patch version nonlight plz ‘–’ nonlight best version

Update 1

This update is only for the Non Lightweight Version

You can learn more about both mechanics by reading this Update Post from Nydiamar, where they are from.

New Mechanic — Favor of the Gods
The gods are always watching you. Every now and then, they will act upon you. It does not matter where you are, or what you do, they won’t hold back.

High Favor with the gods increases the chances that something good will happen to you (having Beutekugeln pop around you). On the contrary, Low Favor increases the chances that something bad will happen (enemies suddenly appearing around you).

An act upon you either increases or reduces Favor, depending on what has happened to you.

Gain their Favor by doing good deeds, such as:

• Offering them a certain amount of Iron Bits or Beutekugeln
  • Making a Sacrifice — You lose 75% Health or 25% Max Resistances until death (or end of game session) for the chance to gain their Favor over time

Lose their Favor through Corruption and dying.

New Mechanic — Blessings & Corruption
The world is gruesome, and one being declared the savior won’t save the world without a helping hand. The Good Boy is offering you his service, which are five different Blessings, granting you each powerful bonuses. But power comes with a cost, as such they corrupt their recipient over time.

As you get more and more corrupted as you take advantage of these Blessings, the acts from the gods get more and more extreme and frequent, both good and bad.

You can keep track of both, Favor and Corruption, through the Faction Screen or a dialog option.

There are quite a few key differences. In Nydiamar you gain Favor by doing several things, such as completing dungeons, quests or events. This is not possible in the normal Grim Dawn Campaign — it would require way too much work. So you can only influence Favor through donating Iron Bits or Beutekugeln (all can be donated/offered).

Also different is that I can not disable the mechanics anywhere. In Nydiamar they won’t work when being in town. This is not the case here, so don’t be surprised when suddenly several groups of monsters pop out to kill you while trying to craft things next to the blacksmith.

Both mechanics only work on Ultimate! While it was previously possible to start out on Ultimate with a new character, it should now be quite a lot easier, so I recommend you to do exactly this.

Changes to Existing Content

• Added Honck, the Shady Dealer
    • The dog can let him pop out of nowhere
    • Everything he sells is for some reason completely free
    • He sells the following items:
      • Attribute and Devotion Reset Potions
      • Malmouth Potion (which grants an Experience Bonus)
      • Difficulty Merits
      • Mandates and Warrants
  • Removed the notifications one receives when killing a Hero or Boss creature — Required to make room for the new notifications, or else they would be too easy to miss
  • Removed the notifications one receives after gaining a new Reputation Status — Required due to the new factions, which are not supposed to have any notifications

Obviously the changes from Patch 1 are also included.

A bit surprised that the Intrusive Version got so popular … so much about being lightweight.

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

1 Like

@Van_Houck hey man! there is a bug where you keep as loot spheres in the ordeal chest (I think it works in the campaign too) and it explodes in loot but the spheres are still in the chest as if you hadn’t even used it, in other words, it’s infinite loot, just keep it in the chest, putting it in the inventory, keeping dnv in the chest and so on, they don’t break at all, but the loot comes out of them.

Patch 1

Changes

• Fixed Beutekugeln popping when put into the stash (was only the case in the Crucible)

I think I fixed it. I need to disable the loot explosion when one puts a sphere into a stash, which requires me to edit the NPC / stash to spawn a trigger on them.

I have edited six NPCs / Smugglers in the campaign and one in the Crucible. If one thinks there are more “stashes”, then let me know!

Patch 2

Changes

• Fixed the dog spawning instantly when loading in (by adding another delay)

This patch is only for the Non Lightweight version!
This patch is for the Custom Game AND Non Custom Game version!

I was trying to translate the mod and this happened … but somehow did not during testing. I’m seriously annoyed.

By the way, if someone wants to translate the mod, let me know.

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

@Van_Houck can you introduce the best graphics in your mod? there are about 3 in the nexus mod, but I can’t insert them

weird question, can i use this with other mods (DoM, Grimmarilion) using the non-custom version cuz u change the base archives from the game and not a external mod? (pardon for my english)

Not unless you combine them to make a new mod.

oh darn it was obviously lol

Do you mean the ReShade configs? There is no reason why they should not work with this mod, since they are a separate thing.