Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Thanks both of you. I thought the non-lightweight version is the Ultimate version of the lightweight version. I just realised I have to set in-game difficulty to Ultimate.

The version here is very confusing, I canā€™t distinguish which is the latest version and corresponding patches, as well as the download order. Can you provide a simple one-stop link?

The only download required is the one listed under Download Section, which is the fully patched latest version.

The links above are all patch notes, which I put there, since you can find some more information about the several dungeons (including pictures) in them. You can ignore them all.

1 Like

Would be great if you made a semi-intrusive version. Like lightweight with Recycling, blessings and new dungeons, but without increased level, devotion cap, paragon levels and attribute/skill potions. Basically, keep new features while still preserving the original game balance.

You can change the mod yourself quite easily. I will quickly write up some short instructions:

1. Put the extracted folder in ā€œmods/[mod]/database/ā€ and rename it to the name of the [mod] (e.g. Faster Leveling (N)). Lightweight Mod - Changed up records.zip (8.0 KB)
  2. Open AssetManager.exe inside the Grim Dawn directory.
  3. Set it up somehow like this:
    AM
  4. Select Mod > [mod] > Database > Right-click [mod] on the left side > Build.

Just in case it throws a template error during building, put this extracted folder to ā€œGrim Dawn/database/ā€. templates.zip (1.0 MB)

Van_Houck ā€“ youā€™ve done a fantastic job with this mod and especially with Nydiamar, which Iā€™m enjoying tremendously. I installed the Non-Lightweight patch for DOM (i.e., compatibility patch, full version using ā€œMerge archives.batā€), and am wondering if thereā€™s a way to switch between the DOM mod (either original/unmodded or with the lightweight version) and this non-lightweight version (i.e., sometimes play one, sometimes the other). If I knew which folders differed between the two versions, I could swap them in and out depending on which I wanted to play. I imagine the DOM mod folder itself has changed, and probably the GD/database/templates folder, but Iā€™m not sure of others, e.g., GD/database/templates.arc, GD/database/database.arz, etc. If you have any thoughts Iā€™d appreciate it!

Edit: It just crossed my mind that Iā€™m not even sure how to completely uninstall the Non-Lightweight Mod.

I think your best bet would be simply moving the full folders around, as you already suggested - so have an unmodded dom folder, and a modded one. Progress of your characters (such as quests) is bound to the name of the mods folder (i.e. dom), so renaming can be ruled out if you donā€™t want to use separate characters.

All files of this mod are located inside the mods folder. The templates folder in ā€˜Grim Dawn/databaseā€™ can be fully ignored, since it does not get loaded by the game (purpose was only for the AssetManager) - feel free to delete it!

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful reply! Glad to hear I can ignore the templates folder. Also helpful to know about progress being tied to the mod folder name ā€“ Iā€™ll decide as I go if I use the rename route vs. moving full folders.

Hi thanks for this awesome mod. I was able to get this to work with dawn of masteries about a year ago, but canā€™t any more. Can you give me a little more in depth explanation of how to get it to work with DOM?I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Nevermind I got it to work, thanks!

When you level past 100 do items also scale past 100 or are you left with the 90-100 item level requirement?

You are left with the level ~90 items, you got some more devotion points and the ā€œparagonā€ levels to compensate a bit.

I just want to add. I have a severe case of OCD so everything gets labelled/numbered. Now When you run the merger it says need to use the same directory. I could have changed the .bat but meh just easier to change the directory. Changed it back again. Just thought Iā€™d mention this in case someone else experienced this problem.

Hello! I found a bug with the Diablo III sorceress in the Astral Presence ability, it cannot be used with either the full version or the patched one, you can only add points to it, but it cannot be used
Is it possible to fix it?

Greetings and thanks

This ability is working fine for me with the pre-patched version, not sure what went wrong there. Maybe try a clean install (dom + pre-patched copied over) and make sure you are not on version 1.2 through the playtest, though I doubt that the mod would work at all if you were.

You are right!
Now is working!
Thanks! Great Mod
;D

Hello
A question please.
Because if I go to level 57, the devotion points are still at 4? Do I have to level up more? or advance further in the game? because I have leveled up within the first map in x10 mod density.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks ;D

I did not change the way you earn points, you still have to find shrines to acquire them.

Grim Tools Checklist might help ya.

1 Like

Dedication points are increased by repairing the number of shrines. The more repairs are made, the more points will be earned. It has nothing to do with the playerā€™s level.

1 Like

I greatly appreciate your time to respond to me. Thank you so much!
:smiley:

1 Like