Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

hi i have run into an issue i can’t seem to pick up the Beutekugeln they spawn but they just sit there on the ground i’ve run over them, tried clicking on them, and even attacked them (just trying everything lol) and the stone of doggo’s texture is just a red and blue grid (i can still use it) i am using the lightweight version

Hi I want to try this mod but I’m afraid with the higher exp the game will become too easy with the light weight mod? Sorry for my ignorance on the topic, but is this the case? If so is there any recommendations as I would love the faster leveling but also like a challenge (currently hardcore only) any reply would be very much appreciated

I assume you do not have the expansions (since the texture is from the second one)? Both are required.

It makes the leveling process faster and therefore also easier, though that’s the point of this mod. The Blessing of Doggo also gives a damage bonus during the early levels.

You could simply opt in to ignore the buff (and maybe use the experience scrolls instead) and only use the mod for the Beutekugeln (= more loot).

Alternatively, the Non Lightweight version, which lets you start on Ultimate, might make the game either more difficult (higher enemy scaling) or easier (increased devotion cap) — up to you to decide, check the list in the OP.

I am going to opt for the non lightweight version just a quick question, as I only play hardcore are the rogue like areas fight to death, or can one escape if they are smart etc or is that not an option, thanks for your time and this great mod

You should absolutely avoid Dunnart Swamp with a hardcore character.

Noitalacse Island does not end, so either the game gets overwhelmed or you after a while, but you can leave whenever you want.

Mystic River does not end, so either the game gets overwhelmed or you after a while, but you can leave through a teleporter and you can also choose a difficulty. I recommend giving it at least a try, is a fun dungeon!

All other dungeons are fine. But some dungeons have certain new gimmicks, so you should still be very careful within them. Also never pause the game during wave events (they basically stack and spawn all at once when doing so — relevant for Where the Time Goes and Noitalacse Island).

God Events can happen randomly everywhere, and they can be very deadly. Either deal with them, or quickly pause the game and maybe log out if you feel like them being unfair in you current situation. You can also disable them.

Have fun!

i just acquired the expansions while it fixed the texture issue i still can’t pick them up. i uninstalled and deleted the local files and reinstalled the game then replaced the mods folder and still can’t. They spawn but they aren’t interactable and walking over them does nothing. thank you for responding i don’t want to seem ungrateful you made this and distribute it for free so i’m not trying to grief you

ok … and thanks for answering, one thing after going round and round in the carousel xD I managed to make sure that extracting and putting works and then in Asses the build thing, but what bothered me is to see Reborn that shit is interesting but I doubt that this mod can be put with that any suggestion? or is it impossible?

I think the path of dawn mod gives you the options to increase the heroes and the masses xD I play it with DoM and I put it at lvl 3 of Heroes and 2 of masses because my computer crashes hahahaha

that goes for me too I couldn’t make it work normally but with DoM yes xd

Don’t worry, thanks for reporting back!

Common loot spheres might be hidden by your loot filter, maybe try holding the button that deactivates it for a second and see if you can then pick it up. They should normally get automatically picked up, though.

Very very rarely, the sphere mesh still shows on the ground despite the item already being inside your inventory.

If the issue persists, I will give it a try myself.

@Micaia_Lavanchy You can try loading one of the two mods with the /basemods method (check OP), but there will most likely be many issues.

disabling the loot filter allows me to pick it up thx

I’ll be looking forward to it :smiley:

Love your mod! I just experienced some issues with the dog and recycle item will despawn when Grim Internals game speed enabled. Is there any quick fix that I can do?

The dog item has a cooldown of 8 minutes which is not influenced by the GI game speed. So I guess you would have to always wait 8 minutes before using it again, despite the cooldown already being off? Alternatively, you can simply use the dog inside your hideout instead.

As for the recycle item, you could disable the game speed, use it, and then enable it again.

Update for Dawn of Masteries Patch

I have re-uploaded the patch for Dawn of Masteries with some changes and fixes. You now summon the dog through Zeke (has a cooldown of a few minutes), to avoid issues with Grimmest causing some lag when loading in. EDIT: I have also added a new dialog option to disable God Events. Recycle can be used again. Some other minor fixes and a little bit of balancing. As always, I only tested the first 10 minutes, so please report any bugs you encounter (to me!).

3 Likes

After the latest patch it seems that Zeke’s dialogue got messed up. The translation file is perhaps outdated. Anybody here experiencing the same error? I’m using the rainbow filter btw.

Did you use the files from the first download here, or the ones from the OP?

EDIT: I gave them a try and the Zeke dialog worked for me fine. Here are the ones from the download:

Rainbow Filter Files.zip (42.1 KB)

1 Like

The translation file that I used was from from the OP, I downloaded the pre-patched version. Thanks for the updated translation.

Love the mod. I have installed an issue: I don’t see an option to let me recycle the items even though I go to the hideout too. I have installed Dawn of Masteries v140b and downloaded a lightweight patch file for the DoM from the alternative download link. I write my procedure below.

1. Download Dawn of Masteries v140b (DoM)
  2. Put DoM into the mods folder.
  3. Start Grim Dawn to see the custom game list.
  4. Close Grim Dawn
  5. Download the patch from the alternative link.
  6. Extract the folder, and put it into the mods/DoM folder
  7. Start Grim Dawn again
  8. I see the dog and hideout. I can summon him, but I don’t see the option to recycle items.

Now that the dog can be summoned through Zeke or can be found in the hideout, the recycle option only appears on the ultimate difficulty setting. You can start or load the game in the ultimate difficulty, get the recycle item and reload the game on another difficulty. The recycle item then stays in your inventory.

You already got an answer on how to get the item, but I normally expect people to only play on Ultimate with the advanced version of this mod, even with completely new characters and an empty stash. Which is the reason why you don’t have all the options on lower difficulties.