Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Ok bit of a bug. Twice this little play session I had one of your bubbles drop but couldnt get. Im wondering if its because it dropped onto a corpse one time and a chest the second. Even when you loot body & chest you still cannot pick up bubble. Ive seen this before when it pops on top of an object like a pole, so I guessed that I couldnt loot it (pick up) because it was in the air. Need more range, or up and down to be able auto pick up your bubbles?
Also another matter which im not sure is a bug or intended is that when you destroy bubbles sometimes you get more bubbles one time I looted 4 bubbles from 1 bubble.

Can’t do anything about that. The spheres are basically just normal quest items. Maybe the item art on the ground glitched, and you actually already picked it up?

Yes, intended! Some spheres, such as the divine one, have a chance of containing additional spheres.

no on picking up already, no bubble in inventory. & cool on intended.
Enjoying mod but started over my shieldbreaker was dying way too much.

Hello, is there any way to get the Non-Custom game version to work with Dawn of Masteries?

Unfortunately not without quite some work merging them both. I currently don’t have time to do it, but might do so in the future, should I get permission.

If @Ichinutz wants to just run them together, could hard-modding your mod (since you give all the sources) and then running Custom Game Dawn of Masteries on top of it be simpler? Unless maybe there are conflicts between them :thinking:

Hello, loving to play with this mod, thanks for releasing it. One question, and I think it might be too early to ask, but anyway, with the new patch 1.1.9.2, will this mod still work? I’m already planning to not update since I’ll wait for Grim Internals.

Also wondering about affixes after a certain level (above Level 100), do they show up on items? I saw that greens had no affixes during RektbyProtos Nydiamar Dungeons gameplay.

EDIT: I noticed, now that I’m ending sessions to farm, that most of the times I do this my game crashes, thought it was about me using the Non Custom Game version but sadly it happens to both versions.

I’m about to add a compatibility patch for it, check the OP.

Was a great idea! There were a few conflicts, but doing it this way made it very easy to add compatibility.

Custom Game should work with all future updates. Non Custom Game won’t, since the merged files would be outdated.

Affixes are about to get fixed, only loot from the Beutekugeln was affected.

My game sometimes crashes too, and it must be because of the gods (the whole mechanic, not because they are displeased). But it only sometimes happens after long sessions, so it is quite hard for me to figure out the cause. At least it only crashes when one exits a session.

2 Likes

Update 2

Changes

• (+) Changed Experience Scrolls to Tomes of Knowledge with different art
  • (–) Reduced the interval of the God Events, as well as some additional balancing of Corruption/Favor Gain/Loss
  • (–) Removed the Scion of Famine encounter that could appear from the God Events
  • (–) Rebalanced Pahr Gon Levels
    • Skill Points 2 > 1
    • Attribute Points 3 > 2
  • (–) Increased the Devotion Cap from 55 to 75
  • (–) Fixed Affixes not appearing on items when the character is above Level 100
  • (–) Minimum Level of enemies changed to 1 — You can now start out with a Level 1 character on Ultimate

(–) = ONLY Non Lightweight Version.

Enjoy.

Re-download the whole mod.

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

2 Likes
  • (–) Increased the Devotion Cap from 55 to 75

Is it okay to apply the Devotion Cap to 100 modification? Or would it break something? And thanks for the update and reply, think I’ll start to play using the Custom Game now, then I won’t have to worry about the next patch.

totally cool you made a version for DOM. Is there going to be a version for the Nonlight weight version? I would love to take DOM to 200 level.
& about crashes I dont think its any one mod myself. Im in the habit of quitting game after every section & coming back in. Im not sure if its a memory leak or what. Im not into technical stuff. I also believe the larger the mod the more likely it will crash. I have a good computer but Ive noticed little hitches every once in awhile. I think this is where most would crash if their computer aint the best. Also they talk alot about core issues that the game only plays on 1 core. Might check into those threads.

Here you go: Devotion 100.zip (306.7 KB)

The patch was already for the Non Lightweight Version, although I just updated it to also include the other one.

The crashes are mostly due to my shitty scripting, probably.

1 Like

lol ok tx missed that about already done darn it. I was getting back into DOM. Question what happens if I use this patch over DOM char already made. Will it mess it up? & yes ill back up first. But do I have to start a new one?
& I dont think its your scriping honest. lol I have problems occasionally in Grim too. I think its size myself juist imo though.

Edit: Sorry reread about saving & chars. Ugh sorry really misunderstanding on drugs lol (allergy medicine) Ok the DOM has its own section. I still dont quite understand what the custom is. I want to play DOM to 200 level & the extra intrusive stuff, & extra devotion pts if possible.

Ok iv tried using the nonlight weight version & overwrote the DOM files. I did go into the DOM game not lightversion game. First off the inventory was bonkered & no doggo. I started a new char & when I leveled only 1 attribute pt. So Im obviously misunderstanding something here.

I can’t believe that that happened, but I messed up the compatibility patch and accidentally mixed up both versions, so the Lightweight files are actually for the Non Lightweight version, and the Non Lightweight files for the Lightweight version. Give it a try with the correct files (so reapply the Dawn of Masteries patch).

I have re-uploaded the patch, so the CURRENT download is ALREADY FIXED!

And you don’t have to start a new character, but doing a backup is always a great idea!

1 Like

OK tried again still fubered. I even did a clean install of DOM. did overwrite with your files. Used nonlightweight. Double checked that it was the compablity mod for DOM. Have more than one version. Then even tried the other file but no dice. Inventory is fubered. no doggo no nyborg in inventory dont know if nyborg one is suppose to be there or not. What im seeing is the general outline of DOMs inventory but its a blank page no bags Anyway something wrong. o yea & i make a clean new char each time.

You installed the latest Non Custom GameNon Lightweight Version (Update 2). Then you installed 1.1.0 Dawn of Masteries into the mods folder, then overwrote the files with the two patched ones. Right?

Does the Non Lightweight Version work (in the Main Campaign, not Custom Game)?

Sorry for asking, but for me it is working on a clean install, so I don’t know what could have went wrong. Both, the dog and Nyborg items, are appearing on a newly created character for me.

1 Like

Redid everything including verifying GD files & same thing. I did clean install of DOM 1.1.0 new version. Redownloaded the Dom Compatibly patch just in case got bad one. Overwrote the DOM mod with the DOM folder from inside of Nonlightweight Mod Capatibility for DOM. Its exactly the same as I reported yesterday. Blank page for inventory & no doggo or nyborg items. & it only works in custom games of course.
Also double checked that DOM its self was behaving w/o your overwrite. & yes i immediately got the bags & the nyborg item. So its definately your overwrite screwing up my bags & items.
& doh now of course I understand about custom and non custom game. Like i said yesterday drugged. Your talking soft mod vs hard mod. I tend to avoid hard ones due to messing up base game.

Ok just tried new char with the new nonlightweight mod (not dom) & there is now no doggo when I go in. Bags are empty on right side with blank space, main inventory is there. Also must be why theres no doggo because first bag/page is not spawning properly.

Yeah, you did everything right!

There are so many different versions of this mod (with and w/o stash mod, custom / non custom, lightweight / non lightweight), that this is getting very confusing, but I’m gonna test every one of them the coming days, maybe I can figure it out.

1 Like

Hi, it’s me again, want to talk about the crashes I’ve been getting, same thing, when farming something we need to end the session and start again to reset the zone we’re farming, my game usually crashes during the loading screen after pressing start, sometimes it happens when I “save and quit” to end the session, then for me to reset and keep farming I end up having to restart my game for most of the resets. Just wanted to ask if there’s something planned about it or if I’m just some kind of special case, sending the crash report created by the game itself, just in case. (if there was any grammar error, my apoligies, using my self taught english)

f9959580-98df-4c22-9ca6-27e98faa362d.zip (23.4 KB)

My setup (if it even matters, no idea xD):
CPU: R5 1600 AF
GPU: RX 570 4GB OC
RAM: 8GB 3000MHz (need +8 asap)
Storage: HDD 1TB (need a SSD asap)

Thanks for this mod by the way, to be honest what I enjoy the most are the rare potions (Attribute and Skill Potions), thanks to then I’ll still feel pumped to farm with chars even after “finishing” their leveling or their build, I’m a newbie at Grim Dawn and didn’t get to the end game yet, but I always thought while watching streams (and even more after playing) that leveling feels pretty fast compared to many games I played, I’m used to earn EXP/Points even while min/maxing my gear. Awesome job with this mod and even more with Nydiamar.

ok tried the nonlightweight mod w/o stash no DOM. Doggo is there in main inventory (left side) like its suppose to be. right side is blank. I cant remember, is right side not suppose to have first tab? & has to be earned? I usually cheat & get all my bags immediately if the mod doesnt provide them especially if theres no large stash.
But something is keeping doggo from spawning in nlw with stash; & doggo & nyborg from spawning in the nlw DOM version. & messing up the Doms inventory. at least for me.
Im pouting here i really really want dom to have this extra stuff in it.
Hope this helps you & i hope you can figure it out. Tx again for making this.