Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

I doubt you can get this to work by merging something with the base game, you will need to merge with DoM and then replace DoM’s .arz and whatever else gets affected, like scripts.arc

I will try to fix this, but it is quite hard for me to test, since I’m not really playing the mod for long sessions, I only test it for a minute or so, and there it never crashes. Same for Nydiamar.

They are already included in the standard Lightweight version (which should never crash), I would only need to add them to the loottable. Let me know if you want me to, takes me less time than writing this. Also if NonCustom/Custom and NoStashMod/StashMod.

The merge I did is very simple, I only edited two loottables and the male/femalepc01.dbrs of Dawn of Masteries, as well as the scripts.arc to include my script. I hope this was fine for you, I have not changed anything else.

The way it is supposed to work is that one uses the hard modded version of this mod and then plays Dawn of Masteries (patched) over it, and for me personally that is working just fine.

1 Like

Did not check what exactly you did, based on the discussion it sounded like a hard-mod of yours with DoM on top, and that would not work. If you made changes to DoM then it should (provided you made the right changes :wink: )

Wow, if you’re willing to do this and it’s easier for you, I would love it, I can let to have some fun with the Pahr Gon and other stuff later on Nydiamar Mod.

LightWeight - Custom Game - Stash Mod - 100 Devotion Limit.

About the drop chance of the Attribute/Skill/Devotion Potions (Extremely low chance to replace a Component drop) is it possible to make it like the chance to get Experience Scrolls/Iron Potions (2% chance to replace a Component with either an Experience Scroll or an Iron Potion)? Or lower, since I didn’t get to end game farming I can’t really tell, but after playing for more then 20 hours I got around 4~5 of them (4 Attribute and 1 Skill), the EXP Scrolls are rare but I feel like I see them more often, I wish to be able to get them not in bulk but also not one each 10 hours played. Maybe a good comparison would be, if someone can farm 15 Legendaries in a hour, ~5 potions during this same time sounds good. Just some of my thoughts, not sure about all of this, since you have more experience you may be able to tell what a good drop chance is, just wish it to be rare but not rare to the point where you get 1 drop once in a lifetime.

Thank you so much for the attention in advance.

tx mamba you clarified something I was misunderstanding. Van Im not hard modding my game. I thought this was completely soft mod. Custom game. I do not want to hard mod. I play too many mods switching back & forth. I dont want to mess with my base game.

But that doesnt make sense to me. the nonlightweight with stash mod worked fine before all this.

LightweightFasterLeveling (modified)

4% chance for “Special Drop” to replace a Component drop (previously 2%)
18% chance of this “Special Drop” to be either a Skill or Attribute Potion (which was previously a lot lower)

Don’t know how these chances translate to the actual game, but popping a few spheres it felt alright.

I might do a Custom Game version some time later, for now this was the easiest way for me.

I tried the Non Lightweight version w/ Stash Extension in Custom Game, and it works fine. You do not get the bags right away. You could give the Lightweight version a try, that one is supposed to be light so it should totally work, if not then there might be something with the base game.

1 Like

I have updated the Lightweight Mod compatibility for DoM link to also include a merge for Custom Game that does not require hardmodding the game. If you have used the inventory extension before, just sort your inventory, maybe get rid of a few items until they all fit. Restart the game afterwards and see if you got the dog item.

Disclaimer: I have not tested this thoroughly, but the dog does spawn and spheres do pop, so everything else should also work.

EDIT: I also just fixed the God Events, so everyone wanting to use this patch should re-download it.

1 Like

Just a heads up but it appears there is something wrong with the download for this file - it never initiates. Just to make sure it wasn’t just some oddity on my end I tried some of the other files and they had no problem initiating the download.

Thanks for letting me know! I fixed it, no idea why that happened.

2 Likes

ok inventory was fixed for lightweight for DOM custom game. All bags & both items. Doggo is working as intended. So I was all excited. Grrr new problem. Leveled up only had 1 attribute point. Then o joy I go to choose class & the class screen for DOM is there. But when you choose a class & go to put your skill point in. The layout is there but its empty all red xs. Check for other classes 3 times all the same cant put skill points in all red x.

O my bad I used a char that was already level 2 thinking it wouldnt matter. wrong. I did clean install of DOM & redid the new lw for dom fixed for custom game. Created a brand new char & got different results. This time i got inventory on right side with doggo but no nyborg item. The left had the blank page for the inventory space like dom has but no tabs it was blank.

Went back in still same on inventory leveled to 2 & same thing 1 attribute point & layout for skills is blank skills with red xs.

The Non Lightweight version is working (which was working all the time, besides the God Events spawns). The Lightweight version indeed had a problem, which I just fixed.

NOW every one of the 12 versions of this mod does work, I insist.

1 Like

lol your I insist made me laugh. ITS WORKING!!! Thank you soo much! Inventory is DOM’s all bags. Both Doggo & nyborg in game & working. The classes are working. Playing nlw custom game. So now see if I can take over level 100!

Double checking after reading again. Im only suppose to get normally at level up 1 attribute & normal game skill (or DOMs) pts right? I get extras as drops & turn in. I was thinking smash & grab on that, my bad. too many mods. Devotion tree is showing up to 75 now possible so thats working too. wasnt before. Also globes are dropping like they should as well.

TY again this is so going to rock.

Just a quick question.Will my old dom character work?I have are lvl 88 just to lazy to level :stuck_out_tongue:.But i will start a new as well to get the full experience.

The game runs fine within game but every few times when i quit the session it will crash the game and same with sometimes when i go back in.Once in game it runs stable.It’s just when i change sessions.

Existing characters are completely fine, but doing a backup only takes a second, so you should do one.

I’m aware of the crashes and am gonna try to fix em. They indeed only happen on exiting the session, so they are at least not such a big problem for now.

1 Like

Thank you.Yes i agree.I personally don’t play long periods though so it happens to me more.But other than that it’s fun and a little refreshing :smiley_cat:.

I know this is not your fault as it’s the way the game was written but would love to see an option where you don’t have to confirm destroying things.I play on a controller so it sucks xD.Maybe i feed that to dev for that option.

Hello :smiley:, any chance of having the feature of Affixes on Uniques like the optional patch for Nydiamar/Nydiamar Dungeons on the NonLightWeight version?

The affixes are very easy to patch, so I will just leave the source with some instructions here, so people can also patch other mods with it.

Affixes for Uniques (Guarantees Double Rare Affixes).zip (260.8 KB)

Affixes for Uniques (Low Chance & Normal Affixes).zip (553.2 KB)

Download this patch before doing anything. Then please copy the folder(s) database from Faster Leveling (N) over to the folder affixesUniques, then follow the instructions below.

1. Do a backup of your characters
  2. Extract the downloaded file to the Grim Dawn installation directory
  3. [1] Copy the .arz file which you want to patch to this directory: mods/affixesUniques/database/
  4. Rename the .arz file into affixesUniques.arz
  5. Start AssetManager (and set it up)
    4a. Choose Mod > Select > affixesUniques
    4b. Press F7
    4c. When asked to delete file(s), choose No To All
  6. Rename the patched affixesUniques.arz back to the original name
  7. Overwrite the original file

Never log into this affixesUniques mod in the game (better yet, delete the mod) — you will lose everything.

[1] The .arz meant here for this mod is called Faster Leveling (N).arz and can be found in mods/Faster Leveling (N)/database/.

3 Likes

@Van_Houck

so I wanted to use DOM lightweight version with Matougi rainbow localization file. Of course I had missing tags for this mod. So I managed to extract __mod.txt from Text_EN.arc with this command:

ArchiveTool.exe LightweightFasterLeveling\resources\Text_EN.arc -extract LightweightFasterLeveling\resources __mod.txt

Had to provide __mod.txt for extraction because without I got outputFile != INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE error. Never modded GD so no idea if it’s the right way ^^.

Anyway I dropped extract file to the localization zip and it kinda works - the item has name and desc, doggo buff also but the conversation with doggo is empty. Is there another txt file in TEXT_EN.arc? If so how can I extract it?

Incorrect. This is the proper way (if in PowerShell):

Hint: Supply the entire “correct” paths to ensure everything works properly.

If using a normal command prompt:

Hint 2: In the root GD folder copy BOTH ArchiveTool.exe and zlibwapi.dll and then paste them into the folder you are going to be working in.

1 Like

^ What powbam wrote, but why did you not just use the provided source? Would have made it a lot easier!

Anyway, what you are missing is the conversation file converted to clear text. This is for some reason very time consuming to do, but I already did it a while ago, so here you go. Just drop it where the __mod.txt is.

DogConversation.txt (2.9 KB)

3 Likes