Lootz - sneak peak at merchant and inventory

Any small nitpicks aside Iā€™d have to say that this merchant interface is really lacking in the turtle slider department. :smiley:

Thanks for helping to support the game!

I totally forgot the glove bitmaps were screwed up. Guess Iā€™ve been staring at them too long. Donā€™t worry though, we realize they currently look ridiculous. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is just the default positioning. We just need to make an animation for the gloves that causes them to be positioned together when theyā€™re not on the character, similar to the way bracers worked in TQ. We took care of this tonight, so once new bitmaps are generated the gloves will look more appropriate.

About shoulders: maybe make them one under another? So it will look like pile of 2 (1*2) items.

What are the items on the bottom left in the inventory? Seems like stacks of something? Three (2 grey, 1 green) seems full/complete and the other two contains 4 and 3 items respectivelyā€¦?
Is it collections of essences/emboidments or something like that?

Also, I havenā€™t seen the attribute categories before; Cunning, Physique, Spirit.
Guessing Physique contains both strength and dexterity, and cunning probably represents something like the old ā€œIntelligenceā€. But in that case, what does spirit contribute? Logically itā€™s something enchanters would like to get as high as possible, but in that case I donā€™t understand cunningā€¦? :slight_smile:

Iā€™d imagine Physique is str/health, cunning is dexterity/speed, and spirit is intelligence/mana.

Is everybody aware of the purpose of ? :wink: A few clicks take you to:

New attribute labels due to new meaning (more):

Hi guys. Iā€™ve been lurking here for ages and decided to finally register. Will probably make a pre-order, but Iā€™m going to wait till I have a better idea of when alpha/beta are happening (I wonā€™t wait too long though, I want to contribute).

Appearances are reminding me of Stalker somehow, in a good way. That sort of hostile environment and gritty texturing in the right places- I definitely dig it, its moodsetting.

Itā€™s just so beautifulā€¦

Wow, nice catch - Stalker was actually somewhat of an inspiration for us. Well, funny thing is, I never played it, I only watched a co-worker play it for about 30mins at ILE but I really liked the environmental hazards and eeriness of it.

The STALKER series does have a very definite atmosphere ā€“ a good sense of ā€˜placeā€™.

I havenā€™t managed to finish any of them yet, but they are an impressive effort IMHO.

I wonder, is there still a need to have ā€˜slotsā€™ for equipped items. Why couldnā€™t we just equip the items to a 3d model (zoomable and rotateable) of the character so you see the gear instantly. Maybe rings/amulets still need the slots, but otherwise I see it as something weā€™re just used to that is unneccessary.

I understands itā€™s use in say Diablo 2, where the equipment picture isnā€™t represented on character, but for something like TQ, where what you pick up looks the same when equipped, why not just apply them direclty and have the same ā€˜inventory/equippedā€™ comparison popup when highlighting stuff in the inventory. You could maybe shade/highlight areas of the model which show where gear can be applied. Even just have a zoomed in hand view at the side to see rings, wristbands or whatever.

Iā€™m defintely seeing the hints of stalker atmosphere there, which is a good thing :slight_smile:

Thoughts?

hi there,

Iā€™m new here even though I read the forum for a while now and purchased a legendary issue alreadyā€¦

Itā€™s nice to see that there are the first screenshots of the bartering system and inventory, but to be honest: they look like they are 10 years old or more.
There are so many great designs for weapons, shieldsā€¦ and you have to make it all gray on gray? The axe/ mallet on the right perfectly blends in the background gray so parts of it are not visible.
On the overall this looks like very much Diablo II inspired - or even more like copied and adjusted in resolution.

I donā€™t like the overall feel of this even though it might be nice ingame. Does the complete game have such dull colours and will there be no antialiasing at all for the inventory?even though it might be nice to keep the same overall scale for the inventory - why do the handshoes have to be so small but still take 4 places? why not have them slightly bigger and fit them in a double place? The shoes and the shoulder pads are huge compared to the handshoes so the scale doesnā€™t seem to be an issueā€¦

The text showing the experience, attributes and so on - please center it. and what I could imagine would be a lot nicer: make it look as if written on the paper that you use as background image. Get rid of the floating shadow underneath and give it a darker colour maybe with a script font so it looks as if written there and not like a hovering ugly display of 10 years ago. You donā€™t need to accentuate the texts there, but put them ABOVE the background picture. (Atm the text is over the left margin but the right side has lots of free space.)

What I miss: a side-by-side display of the chosen inventory to compare the new found items with the ones already equipped.
Please give the shield in the inventory some colored stripes or make them look like built from different colored metals. I guess if these ones are built from scrap metal then there might still be some faded logos or car paint or stickers on it. (Why bother to remove this if you just want to build something to protect yourselves?) the 4 shields offered by the marketender look dull. They donā€™t need to be polished - but set themselves apart from each other that would be fine. Have them with some green sides, or a red stripe over it or something else.

Could there be the possibility to paint the armour of your hero like for example in the NFS series you can paint your car? That might be interesting - even though it gives no effect to the attributes it might still set your char apart from others and youā€™d feel more connected to your own customized stuff.
ā€¦

ranting over something that is not available yet

Sorry for the long post and the lots of complaints - but this bothers me right now even before Iā€™ve even laid hands on the game and judging from just 1 screenshot.

(btw: you might have a problem to get attention from audience once D3 is out. :slight_smile: and then you have something really tough to compare against, judging from the screenshots and videos.)

Is is possible to customize the charā€™s face? :slight_smile:

I dont see the 100+ tabs of inventory slots for all the gear I will want to carry with meā€¦

Important question, am I going to be able to build a great ā€œDragonā€™s hordeā€ of all the gear I find?
I HATE selling uniques.

Is hotslot #3 a tribute to this, where you broke a laptop over your head? :smiley:

Oh snap! :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve been a bit lazy lately and havenā€™t posted much.

I love the direction you guys are talking the art. As was said a few posts above, it feels very Stalker like and thatā€™s great because it really suits the setting of the game.

Youā€™re doing a fantastic job guys! Treat yourselves to some cake!

The screenshot does look nice. I do just hope that not all of the areas are that dark as the ones Iā€™ve seen so far. A mixture of dark and friendly-looking environment would be great (just my opinion). f.e. diablo 2 was not varied with its dark environments.

concerning the skillbar: I would also put together all the skills and not split them up. The buttons on the left and the right can also be put together. this will make the skillbar more clearly-arranged.

Keep on the good work!

Looks great, keep it up!

One small thing though. You know those two arrows allowing you to rotate the character model? How about adding zoom? Not to ogle T&A but sometimes I like to admire a piece of gear but itā€™s too small to see clearly. Thanks!