Maiven Sphere + Primal Bond pointless?

So I’m trying to ungimp my Druid. I have all the gear and wanted him to be all ice damage, was great against minions with lots of CC and worthless on bosses.

So I’ve been mixing it up trying to make him better melee deeps with lots of elemental, and his damage is good but only has 1k armor so got full maiven and full primal bond to stack absorb.

Doesn’t look like it stacks. Tiny groups will still insta shred him through 10k hp.

I understand Druid can get high damage, but if TWO toggle absorbs add no survivabilty how the hell do you stay alive? Or should I just range kite :frowning:

He’s 85

They stack, but do so multiplicatively so there are diminishing returns on it.

They stack but it’s multiplicative instead of additive.

Far from pointless with both maxed you get 43% damage absorb, if you have maxed resists with 10k health you shouldn’t be getting one shot other then from things like mad queen retaliation which is multi projectile

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Improve your resistances and probably armor adsorption and your life will be much easier.

Sounds like your resists are shit? Use wendigo totem if you dont already. No melee shaman should struggle vs mobs, should be ripping through them!

max rank = 20+15 = 35
ult rank = 25+20 = 45

And if it is multiplicative (it should be if its not, 45% absorb is insane), it will be MUCH lower. If my math is right… it should be ~23% with both buffs at max rank, 30% with both at ult.

Yeah it’s definitely nowhere near 40% lol. Got him to 12k hp got his resists up
Maxed wendigo totem using Alak’ scythe and planning Scourge Strike auto attack build w feral hunger so far much more survivable though still far less damage and far less tough than my warder. I think cold is not meant to be an all-in damage type it’s just not very good, especially on bosses immune to the status effects.

Oh I had though max was 1.251.15=1.43 so 43% absorb
Well 1.2
1.15=1.38 so that’s still 38% absorb

How are you getting 23% and 30%?
1.25*1.2=1.5 so 50% absorb at super max
My math is right, well I think it is, it’s 5am and I haven’t slept in 60something hours… or is my approach wrong?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

It’s multiplicative.