Make %chance on enemy Death skills trigger on Pet kills

I have gotten quite a few good items for a Conjurer of late that have a summon triggered on enemy death - Black Scourge, Necromancer’s Deathgrips - however they are rather useless for my Conjurer, since I barely ever get to kill enemies, they have been torn apart by my pets when I get near them.

So, maybe these skills could be modified to trigger on any enemy death, regardless of whether my PC kills them or the pets?

/signed

I actually stopped playing my summoner all together till this change goes into effect because it’s so gd aggravating

Or take those types of abilities OFF of summoner gear

the problem is % on enemy death triggering a buff or pet that SCALES ON PET BONUSES should not exist if the PLAYER has to be the one to make the kill.

Either:

1. switch it to “scales on PLAYER bonuses”

or

1. allow PETS to trigger % on enemy death abilities. because ON DEATH seems crystal clear doesn’t it? as in “when a mob dies and your character is responsible” ie pets should obviously trigger this.

That being said number 1 might also be an interesting option. but it needs to be fixed either way, currently it is broken.

Eh, I can see why not to let it be so. I just wish they added more hybrid build support into the vanilla game.

bump

Pls make it so.

Yeah, this should really be implemented, at least for Celestial Powers

The %chance on enemy death should simply trigger when the enemy dies, as the name implies, not when a specific attack is used. I have no idea why such trigger should be assigned on a specific skill (for the devotion) or a specific character (for the passive skills granted by items).

I have reported this maybe a year ago. This belongs to those issues the game has that could be pretty easily fixed but are not for some reason, like the unbalance in the damage/resistance types.

Or if it is not possible to make those skills work this way, make them active skills, that you could cast on the corpses, like what they are supposed to be in the first place anyway.

Bonescavenger´s Deathgrips has the same issue :frowning: I rarely see spirit from skill because pets kill mobs …

I don’t get it. For me it triggers fine, FROM the pet kills. I often have even 2 ghosts active. Back when my Conjurer used the same item, I could never get the ghost to spawn at all.

I see one ghost in half hour if I´m lucky. Mythical or vanilla version of gloves?

I see this topic regarding “on death pet procs” popping up several months whenever new players start to play the game and have absolutely no grasp regarding how pet mechanics work. Both me (around 1.5 years ago) and DaShiv (recently) showed that you can make quite strong summoners using the Bonescavanger gloves in such a manner that the spirits pop up 24/7. I’m not going to pursue that topic further, but…

The fact that this decision has been in place since times immemorial should make all people understand that this is not a bug, nor an oversight. This is not something that was overlooked, but a conscious and smart decision from behalf of Crate (mostly Zantai). So, let me put this in perspective - late-game, every spirit can crit for 30k. 3 spirits is roughly 90k every second. There is no way you can overlook that as a summoner. Even with 1-2 points into Doom Bolt or other nukes (e.g. RE or BH) you can “steal” kills from your pets. When new players go around the forums and read things such as “you can’t do hybrid pet builds” from “knowledgeable” people, they understand the statement wrong. What forum posters say is not that you should NOT try to steal kills from your pets, but that you should not try to make or construct a build in which the dps is split 50/50. This is also impossible given the fact that pet builds have the highest single-target dps in the game, viz. somewhere around the 400k-600k mark. That is like using 12 P-blades shotguns every second…so there is no way you can split it 50/50 even if you want. Stealing kills from your pets, however, especially with minimum point investment, is exactly what you should do if you actually understand pet builds…

That and due to mechanics/engine limitations if a pet was to summon something the summoned monster would recieve none of your bonuses so it would be a useless piece of shit

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Absolutely correct.

There’s a pretty strong correlation between pet builds that make effective use of these gloves and pet builds that are generally effective at endgame. For example, it’s no coincidence that all of my posted builds to date have used them.

This means that newer players with less effective pet builds having trouble with the proc mechanics should learn to adjust their builds to better take advantage of the existing proc, rather than complain about how it works. Chances are pretty good that making these adjustments will also result in an overall improvement to their builds, if past builds are any indication.

Regular version only so far.

Okay, then explain to me why this item skill basically never worked for my Conjurer who only uses Grasping Vines and a last resort melee Savagery, but pops up ALL the time for my Cabalist who has absolutely no melee or ranged attacks, and only uses Reap Spirit as the only direct damage skill she has? I can only explain it that yes, Crate changed the way this works and it procs on pet kills now.
I will check again today when I have the time by not even using any skills, just pets.

It’s an item skill, so why would that follow the same logic as pet-bound Celestial Powers?

Not really a “newer player”, I have been around since the alpha. And if you make any “lazy summoner” pet build then the gloves are useless with the “% chance on YOUR kill” mechanic because you will simply never have the chance to kill anything if your pets rip it to shreds before you can cast a spell or raise a weapon. Sure it would still be a good item for a hybrid pet class who uses some strong direct damage spells too.

Probably because Reap Spirit is a spirit-dependent skill that deals tons of vitality decay, while Grasping Vines is primarily a CC skill that also happens to deal cunning-dependent damage ? Only the vit DoT of Reap Spirit at lvl 1 is equivalent to 4/12 Grasping Vines with the added benefit that almost all devotions and gear ends up buffing it since they provide either +spirit or +%vitality decay.

Could be, but so far I not noticed the skill to trigger after me using it.
And as I said, I noticed the same for the Black Scourge. In fact when using both items I easily reached the 18 pet achievement without even trying.
Will try it tonight when I have the time to find out for sure.

As a general rule, DoT skills and devotions or skills that have a DoT component to them are excellent at spawning “on death” pets because you don’t have to watch the mob’s health bar in order to steal a kill. If you could test this, I think it would be a great service to the community to determine if the item/skill is bugged or not. My main hypothesis is that you simply feel the power of the vit DoT on Reap Spirit or other type of DoTs that you are unaware of.

I was referring to the fact that this topic gets regularly reposted (or necro’d, in this case) every few weeks by newer players.

And playing a “lazy summoner” makes as much sense as playing a pistol-and-focus Fire Strike build. It’s ineffective and long-discredited playstyle that only finishes Ultimate due to the excessively low challenge level of campaign (same for many other non-Gladiator builds). For many patches now stretching back long before AoM, the most effective pet builds have all cleared Gladiator by being highly active and highly aggressive. Post-AoM, even the previously-lazy Pokemon build has been retooled to be much more active.

Incidentally, those adopting an active playstyle that uses appropriate damage effects miraculously can start making use of these item procs. They simply reward and reinforce a correctly optimized playstyle, just like using a second pistol properly fixes the itemization “problem” of a lack of Fire Strike support in foci.

You don’t need to invest in “strong direct damage spells” to make good use of this item - you only need to use reasonably effective damage effects consistently and actively. For example, in this Gladiator video you can see how bound spirits are easily maintained by primarily using 1-point (+skills) Bone Harvest and 1-point (+skills) Reap Spirit. This is an extremely light “hybrid” and a very reasonable expectation for pet builds, especially since Bone Harvest is required for additional pet damage and Reap Spirit is required for sundered wraiths.

Given that Mythical Overlord’s Iron Grip now provides very large offensive pet bonuses and defensive player bonuses while requiring absolutely nothing extra in return, if anything Bonescavengers needs to have its effects increased to better reward fulfilling the extra proc requirements.

Okay, having returned to play my Cabalist recently (was busy with other builds until now), I can definitely confirm that yes, the Ghosts from Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips spawn on enemy kills made by PETS. I went around using nothing but left-click Pet Attack and Curse of Frailty on enemies (which does zero damage), as well as Blood of Dreeg and Call of the Grave as boosts. I did not use Reap Spirit which is my right-click skill. Yet, the ghosts keep spawning… so that can only happen if this is triggered from kills made by my pets.