Maya Balance Thread

it’s not questionable, it’s just lowers your DPS regardless of how many points/mods you have invested in it.

Yeah. I was being polite and giving Crate the benefit of doubt that the WPS patch fixed the problem.

I don’t expect Crate to implement all feedback, but it would be nice for issues or good feedback to at least be acknowledged. So I just don’t post as much anymore.

1 Like

Belgothian’s Shears and Amarasta’s Quick Cut have the same animation speed for some time now.

BS rank 1: 110% wpn dmg (220% from both hands hitting), 14-19 Physical dmg (33 average from both hands)
BS rank 18: 144% wpn dmg (288% from both hands hitting), 140-218 Physical dmg (358 average from both hands, 250% Pierce damage (~8-10% at endgame)

AQC rank 1: 70% wpn dmg (210% from three hits), 19 Pierce dmg (57 total)
AQC rank 18: 115% wpn dmg (345% from three hits), 170 Pierce dmg (510 total), +55 Crit dmg

Not sure who mathed that out as a dps loss.

I mean, a noble thought, but at some point in the day we have to get some work done and not just chat on the forums.

Responding to every single suggestion or idea across multiple social platforms is simply unrealistic.

ok, i’ll just record some tests on dummy, comparing AQC and absence of it, and BB and absence of it.

The reduced animation speed invokes very significant losses, AQC is single target as well (no reason to make it slow/dps loss), the point-per-point value is extremely low and starts negative.

Of course, I get that, which is why I stated only “good” feedback. Like others said, only a minority of players realistically suggest reasonable or useful things.

With an animation speed of 23.3 frames, BS and AQC hit roughly 30% slower than a basic attack. With a 50% chance for a basic attack to be a hit with both hands, let’s say the average is 150% wpn dmg.

Normalizing it by animation speed to match BS and AQC, a basic attack thus deals average 195% wpn dmg, which is already less than both WPS do baseline, not even including the flat damage.

So…you haven’t reached endgame but concluded that it’s better in TQ based on no evidence. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, unfortunately everybody thinks their feedback is good. :wink:

1 Like

And this ignores the fact attacks per second is reduced, so execution occurs less often. Basic attack vs AQC is too simplistic.

1 Like

Assuming 1 attack per second, a basic attack deals 150% wpn dmg a second (wdds). Any one of those attacks can be a wps proc. AQC would then deal 210% wpn dmg, modified by its animation speed, would be 161% wdds.

Not sure where less attacks per second figures into a dps reduction.

For a small boost to damage for those 20% of basic attacks that AQC replaced; the player suffers from less attacks per second, like a reduced speed effect. The player will observe less crits per second, attacks and high-damage wps like execution over a set time frame. So the reduced attacks per second reduces overall dps and counters the benefit AQC provides.

I always known you’re a Bysmiel fan

def. not the best kind of test hence the damage is quite big, and it’s hard to accurately determine the difference. but it’s quite clear, that BS>AQC.

UPD: if it’s not enough, i can do the proper tests, but not today.

1 Like

You do realize Davinci worked and changed the Mona Lisa for years before it got too it’s final result?

2 Likes

Who, and how, defines “good”?

1 Like

Lmao this was the old shadow strike legend then it got good.

Crate obviously, and there is no need for a definition since this is a private forum. Better to acknowledge some good feedback than none; if those who are not acknowledged feel bad then that is their problem.

1 Like

Yeah that actually wasnt meant for zantaibut the other poster who used the term “good”. I just copied the wrong text.

I don’t think more is needed. Opportunity cost is the other part of the problem, AQC tries to fill the same role as Execution but you don’t have points to max both (and Execution is better value). AQC ends up low rank and causes a dps loss due to speed reduction. Similar story with Shears and Whirling Death.

no, actually, Shears don’t reduce your solotarget damage, it remais the same. And WD is one of the best WPSs. AQC is the only one that REDUCES your damage, pay2lose, lol.

well, on paper it shouldn’t be better than AQC for single target. In your test Shears may be causing more item skill procs since other targets are being hit too.

but AQC also hits multiple targets. yet they’re clearly not the same dps-wise.