[Meme Build] Hardcore Ultimate Cabalist - The Caustic Edgelord

Build Intro:

This was basically a meme build based of Dravis, Son of Uroboruuk: I couldn’t manage a one for one imitation of Dravis, since Skeleton Golem are unavailable to the player (For vanilla Grim Dawn, anyways) and I couldn’t figure out how to properly do the Pet / Caster damage conversion to fire. I just went for an Acid-themed Ravenous Earth / Summon Blight Fiend type build with a twist - The minions are meant to die fast. (Hence the ‘Edgelord’ title).That saying, if you want a traditional pet build with minions that are actually durable, then I strongly suggest that you browse through the compendium: Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods) again for other pet builds ; There are a number of good ones for the Cabalist.

Also, I usually like to put more explanations into my guides, but I’m going to be more concise from now on as I’ve recently transitioned from commission basis to full time in terms of my career. Basically, I have less time to do guides now due to life events. So if any clarifications or questions arise, then just post them in the comments section so I can look at them when I can.

Image Source: https://www.deviantart.com/igor-zhovtovsky/art/Swamp-necromancer-503015261

Leveling

For leveling to 94, I used this comprehensive guide here. While you don’t need to follow it exactly, the Leafmane Horn Off hand is extremely important, and I suggest that you farm a decent one as soon as you can access the Ugdenbog region (That was level 50+ for me). Lunal’Valgoth’s Girdle is another good item to have, but not as important as the offhand. Other gear slots can be whatever you feel is appropriate.

Build

Final Build: Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Attribute points- PHYSIQUE 55 / CUNNING 27 / SPIRIT 25

Play this character as you would do for a caster. Attack Rotation tends to start with Ravenous Earth, Curse of Frailty, Summon Blight Fiend and then Biting Blade. I think one of the biggest issues I had with this build was that it’ll take hours for your motor memory to actually use the skills in an intuitive manner. A good tip would be to condition yourself to use Curse of Frailty and Ravenous Earth frequently, with the other skills coming in only when you feel like you can get a cast off. As this is somewhat of a kite-oriented build, remember to stay mobile at range. Your Blight Fiends and temporary minions can actually body block hostiles, so you can opt to use your Blight Fiend Defensively by summoning them behind you while running around. It’ll feel rather clunky to control at first, but trust me that it’ll play out like a solid build that can mow down mobs once you are familiar with skill usage.

Devotion
  1. Green Crossroads
  2. Spider
  3. Blue Crossroads
  4. Eel
  5. Red Crossroads
  6. Jackal
  7. Murmur,Mistress of Rumors (Bind to Ravenous Earth)
  8. Ghoul (Bind Ghoulish Hunger to Spectral Binding)
  9. Scholar’s Light
  10. Raven
  11. Abomination (6 nodes to tainted Eruption, Bind to Biting Blades)
  12. Revenant (Bind to Curse of Frailty)
  13. Purple Crossroads
  14. Empty Throne
  15. Refund Blue, Red & Purple Crossroads
  16. Chariot of the Dead (6 nodes towards wayward soul, Bind to Bonds of Bysmiel)
  17. Magi (3 nodes)

Extra Build: Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

This was an older build which was the basis of the final build. I haven’t tried it out, so I can’t comment about its performance. Perhaps more suited for Softcore play since the overall health was also a lot lower. Nevertheless, I’ll include it here just in case if anyone wants any ideas for build customization.

2 Likes

This thing gives you Skeletal Golem -

1 Like

Oh, Skeletal Servants.

No wonder I couldn’t find it. Wished I knew about that.

1 Like