Men and Women Stereotypes in Games

Lets play Bingo, shall we?

3 Likes

Wasn’t this also the exact same thing word for word as the past few days? :laughing:

Truest truth I’ve ever seen

When I played BL2 as a teen and learned that Moxxi was Ellie and Scooter’s mom I immediately wtf’ed and stayed out of her sight ever since. Tho I know you’re older so she’s not out of your age bracket :laughing:

And yeah I’m sure she’s still on 3. Only Scooter died[quote=“sir_spanksalot, post:146, topic:90446”]
Companies are also required by law to pay them during this 1 month hiatus. This often results in men being bypassed for promotions because they effectively do ~10% less work than their female counterpart.
[/quote]

Wait, is this why Singapore loves to recruit non Singaporean workers even tho they don’t even have the land to accommodate everyone if it implodes?

Aside from what I said yesterday that my most played are offlane furion and clock, all other heroes I play are pos 5. Partly because my frienda all have bettee carry skills than me and partly cause I believe support is the role for smart people and I’m the smartest in the group :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup all of the listed reasons are smooth :smile:

Best one for my character is though, invisible armor illusion.

What I want to know is there a male armour bingo card too! :upside_down_face:

gimme back my bathrobe wizards.

Everything new is well forgotten old. We already discussed screen sexuality before :smile: Fg. Looks. Amazing.

Yup. Why not recycle a good line :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol! None that I could find. But…

1 Like

:rofl: :+1:

:flushed:…:joy:

Well, you don´t have to despair. Moxxi is very popular for Cosplay and a lot of women there are more your “age bracket”. :innocent:

1 Like

That’s coz you all about deese guys

I can’t say for sure because it’s not like this is openly advertised to the public. But I’m sure it’s one of the reasons.

as borderlands fans… i hate moxxi.
1st for her fake clown makeup doll.
2nd her unbearable sluttyness masking her real personality as wasteland sadistic barbaric warlord.
3rd for gearbox making many npc ‘has moxxi mentioned me’ lame jokes.
4th for making her lifesteal weapons a crutch for ultimate and op vault hunter mode combined with gimmicky health gating exploit mechanic. painting a horrible image of every vault hunter slaved to her lifesteal weapons in my mind. (thankfully borderlands pre sequel gives the hunters more reliable heal skills).

i’m more interested in gaige, since she is a bullied nerd who breaks the stereotype of weak feeble socially awkward techno inventor - by raging against the unjust system while still having adorably cute and confident personality with her glitchy robot companion.

as for men and women in gd, i think their roles are pretty balanced. though creed, bourbon and ulgrim still held the main role of the story. byscimiella, anastasia and korinia leads the story too. but in background, as subtle figures coordinating supports to aid mankind’s survival (korinia is the leader of malmouth though). so i think women’s role are almost on par with men in gd.

though i’m still baffled with the high number of women bandits in cronley’s gang who wants to cut off our face and tell the boys to get us.

It was S. Korea in ‘02. N. Korea lost just about every game - as always - and some players begged for asylum because they feared repercussions.

Female soldiers usually get desk jobs and such, though. Female PoWs don’t fare all too well in those parts of the world.

Ofc! Man = accessory to a gun. If those guns could shoot by themselves we wouldn’t need those men in the slightest.

1 Like

Still, they have to serve. That’s my beef with singapore’s National service.

I don’t see why women shouldn’t have to serve it. I’m not saying that they should go into combat, but they can definitely be nurses and the such.

Military service for men only is really weird, since professional armies consists both men and women :thinking:

But this is exactly the problem with stereotypes. For a long time, in German Army, women could only be paramedics/doctors, with little or no training on weapons.

Now, we have no Military Service anymore but the army is advertising for women and men to join. But still, if Military Service ever comes back, women can´t be forced to join the army.

Well, I had my year of serving. Wasn´t the best time of my life, but can´t say something really bad either. In contrary, it helped me to get my job I have now and…I could play something like a PC Game…in a real tank. :wink:

1 Like

Is rhis a stereotype? Or a biological difference?

Equal opportunity does not mean equal outcome. I’m not saying forbid them from entering active service, I’m saying giving the option to choose.

For me, it is kind of stereotype: "Women “shouldn´t, don´t have, must not” go into combat.

I ask back: Why not? Helicopter/Jet Pilot, Captain of a Battleship, etc. Often, we think of Infantry when takling about “going into combat” but there is much more to it. And there is no reason why women shouldn´t do these jobs.

And, when we had Military Service for men, men could choose (kind of). You could do a kind of social service instead of military.

I think it’s a stereotype to forbid them from going. I don’t think it’s a stereotype to give them an option.

It’s undeniable that the female sex is generally physically weaker than the male sex, and this is an occupation where physical prowess is extremely important.

Agreed. Hence it’s an option. Because regardless of how you get into those vocations, all must go through basic military training. And that IS physically demanding.

1 Like

Yeah, I did it. :wink:

But all women here who choose to become a “Soldier” have to make it. And then a decision is made, for men and women alike. If you pass the test, you are in…if not, you are out. And when you are in you become a civil servant (I hope, this is the correct term). And if you get this…well, you have a very secure job with a lot of incentives. I know it; my father served in the army till he retired (Lt. Colonel) and I am, as a teacher, a civil servant, too.

1 Like