Men and Women Stereotypes in Games

Again, it’s probably a gender thing. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen tits/tiddies/boobs mentioned in dev streams and sometimes here on the forum, but abs - never in a stream and even less on the forum. I’m not saying men aren’t objectified as much as women, it just doesn’t get shoved in my face when it’s a man.

1 Like

We made a shirtless chiseled dude the cover of the second expansion.

This argument is invalid.

3 Likes

Male children are admittedly way more immature than females. The ones you read shoving it in your face are decidedly children who have troubling containing their excitement and keeping it to themselves.

You could even argue the balance is in the women’s favour since the Occultist is male as well. But those clothes! :wink:

Kidding. I think he’s still my favourite of all the screenshots we have.

Yes, that’s probably true powbam.

Maybe you could bribe Zantai to have the artists cough you up the Magic Mike version :wink:

Strike one :smile:

I love if the old stereotypes are not true anymore. That mean you can have equal distribution of guys/girls at the forum. But then again I am too blind to see beyond the Veil of Shadows emanating from my Nightblade character.

1 Like

True. Even tho I too think that the vocal population is undoubtedly male it would be hard to actually say for sure… many females on the internet often may never let on that they are female since they are often targeted by sexually frustrated and immature males. So there could actually be a more females around than you might think.

1 Like

I dunno about the rest of the world, but in my subjective experience, questions like, “How much can you bench, bro?” aren’t uncommon.

Basically, it’s still the same thing in different clothes

EDIT: It’s for this very reason that I started calling people “mate.” I really dislike the term, “bro”

Worse still is “bruh”

u mad bruh?

:wink:

3 Likes

Gotta clarify what I said, I think the term “bro” is hilarious when used in this manner

2 Likes

You are probably right. Although I never seen sign on this forum or in other games of someone making any comments about sexuality, even in the off topic section. Is more like conversation about something hypothetical or creating defensive mechanisms " I will not say I am female, because I will be sexually harassed".

Anyway I wasn’t thinking that will be my writing in the GD forum during my off-day :smile:

Oh I didn’t mean to imply that it “does” happen here (they’d probably get a ban if found out) I’m just saying that on the internet in general it is common for some females to purposefully hide it because of being harassed in other areas of the internet.

A bad experience in one place (even something like a video console game online w/ voice chat) can cause them to go out of their way to not be identified as female.

1 Like

I think another thing that contributes to certain words being used is the assumption that everyone on a gaming forum is male or the majority at least - which is probably the case I agree, Nery. Posters make the assumption and don’t think that some other members of the forum might not appreciate those words being used.

Or maybe us women here just need to go around talking more about abs, dicks and where guys keep their brains to balance things out. :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t they with each other? I’ve participated in my fair share of girl gossip. I just don’t think these things are done as openly.

It’s probably got to do with the whole social construct of dating/gender norms:

• An ideal girl = a lady in the streets, a freak in the sheets
  • An ideal guy = Big bad ass with a sensitive inner “core”

Yeah I agree that most women are way more lowkey about it around men… around each other tho it’s common knowledge now they can be just as lewd and crude.

I want to say that’ll teach em! But sadly with us (males) that’s basically an open invitation to take it further.

1 Like

And we, the guys at the forum don’t speak in our private messages about builds, skills, videos and such, we only speak about girls, boobs and how to create problems for the moderators.

DMT for example is great builder and she is offended if someone calls her “He”. At same time there are other female forum members but I am confident that majority and probably more than 90% of active forum members are male. That’s not helping to break the stereotypes, Medea :smile:

To quote seth from superbad:

EDIT: What a hilarious movie.

1 Like

Poor seth :laughing:

We can’t all be Tommy Lee.

1 Like

Fucking mclovin’ man. The scene where he got his ID card floored me.

It’s on par with step brother’s, “We are here to fuck shit up.” scene