Menhir's Will, Arcane Will and Prismatic Rage - bad devotion proccers compared to Blast Shield, Serenity and Resilience

But these changes may affect lots of other people’s builds too. There needs to be a rational discussion, and firm understanding of how mechanics work and why. Changes made in response to whimsical demands of players could have adverse effects on the gaming experience for everyone.

@Stupid_Dragon, @medea_fleecestealer, can you advise on these concerns?

I want to have better numbers for bad % chances, so that there is no collateral damage.

They appear that way because the formula which calculates them is not clear. But if you actually playtest with them, the effect of everything will be more apparent I am telling you man.

How would you balance it if changed, anyway?

Formula needs to be improved then.

I know nothing of the game’s mechanics so can’t help there.

Perhaps there are some other reasons, and just not a mathematical one

1 Like

Well I am just pointing it out because I find it weird.

1 Like

@Duchy What’s the problem of assigning those devotions to your permanent auras anyway?

1 Like

That’s a possibility but I’ve done a lot of experimentation with these skills and Devotions over and over and I’m convinced the proc chance is relative to the uptime duration, with cooldown and effects playing smaller roles in the determination of proc percentage.

If we tweak these values, I have to ask, how will it affect things for everyone?

EDIT: In other words, how do you implement these changes?

It is not a problem. But why not have more skills usable like Blast Shield this way. It is such a neat functionality. Devotion proc goes up when you actually need it. Not when you are at 100 % health like on some general aura.

1 Like

I agree, this skill is awesome especially when paired with Giants blood or Healing rain, but that’s one thing that makes it so unique, and such a good skill/devotion combo!

Resilience is the same way as Blast Shield. Arcane Will and Prismatic Rage (used a lot in helms) could be as well. Other skills are not that necessary as these two.

What are the changes you’d make to the Devotions to have them proc more reliably in these passives, and how do you propose they are implemented without affecting their interactions with other skills?

Change that formula so that it gives higher % chances for those that are now lower. You would need to know that formula in order to say precisely how.

And if that’s not possible? Which very well could be the reason why it is the way it is?

You could always hard-code stuff I guess with case-statements

2 Likes

And It would still be tha same functionality as now. If you have great CDR just put it on regular aura so that it is often up or other way with low CDR put it on one of these skills so that it is up when you actualy need it.

Here is my concern and what I dont want to lose;

Apothecary’s Touch gloves skill, 3 second duration, 8 second cooldown, can reliably proc Healing Rain at 90% chance if hit during uptime. This effectively turns the granted skill into a powerful group heal/HP regen buff, whenever needed on demand.

Whatever changes happen (if any) as a result of this thread please ensure they do not tamper with this interaction.

1 Like

I agree no number should go down. I want it as a straight buff to some skills.

One thing that was not discussed was whether the cooldown starts after the duration or at the start of the duration. For most of the aforementioned skills, it’s the former, but I’m not sure for all of them.

1 Like