Minimap would be nice

How about creating a minimap which would be very helpful due to the size of the map

6 Likes

I feel like the map can get incredibly busy and cluttered as it is, once you start to expand into T3, and a minimap, even with transparency/translucency, would make the map too chaotic and hard to see for me. YMMV.
I would honestly prefer more zoom to be able to zoom out further, without needing to install the camera mod. And maybe the ability to place marker flags (within limits- max 5, maybe?) if I find a large ore deposit or huge mature forest to set up a workcamp, stuff like that. Again, max 5 marker flags, so it isn’t terribly OP.

2 Likes

The number of polygons your GPU has to generate and manipulate expands exponentially the further out you zoom.

Lag becomes a serious issue, and while your box may handle it well the majority of PCs out there would grind to a halt then melt into a puddle.

3 Likes

The size of Banished minimap would do in my opinion

1 Like

There’s a mod on Nexus that already provides this function with little to no noticeable performance hit at maximum zoom. The only caveat, as mods aren’t yet supported, is that mods can introduce instabilities into the game and so you cannot report bugs experienced in a modded game.

A minimap is a sufficiently basic and standard thing that one shouldn’t need to install a mod for it…

2 Likes

You’d think, right? But I was talking about the zoom, as specified by the person I responded to.

1 Like

I can’t relate to that reference.
I played Banished for a half hour and never played it again. (I should probably give it another go…)
This is the first city-builder/settlement game that has really hooked me and gotten me to play for more than 2 or 3 hours. So I have no lasting memories of what minimaps or specific mechanics were like in those games. My preferences or suggestions are based on my experience with this game alone., and are likely to be very different than those from people who are city-builder/settlement game aficionados. I can’t do comparisons- because I don’t have hundreds or thousands of hours in similar games to compare anything to.

1 Like

There is an in-game mod for this on the web just so some know. however, it would be great to have the dev team create one that would be even better.

I think this game is unique by itself for not having a minimap, and adding one kinda ruins the immersion.

1 Like

I’d vote for a minimap, though making it collapsible would be good too and might help balance the aye and nays?

Solid State CPU

Yes! +1 for collapsible mini map. Use it to jump around large towns as you progress, minimize it when you want to see the beauty of the town.

4 Likes

Agree collapsable minimap is best

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.