MIs Worth Caring About

Too bad this tome supports Conjurer spirit pet and it is a temporary pet, so you have to resummon it frequently :D.

Think this is as good as any place to ask this:
You think that Pulsing Shard can secure a place for itself, now that it seems to be the only direct source of life leech for AAR?

I know its semi offtopic but maybe some experienced player can help me.

I wanna know if most of the ^ Pulsing Shards are an upgrade for the offhand slot for this build http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63306

or it needs to be accompanied by a devotion or something?

I farmed like 10 of them and no special prefix/suffix yet.

Polishing this back up over the weekend. As always, input and questions are welcome. I can’t scour every last post to see what new MI applications have been discovered so all feedback is of potential use.

August 9 edit: will rework guide with coming patch that promises an overhaul on many rare affixes

1 Like

Is this thread still a bit up to date ? I find it immensly useful

Acid retal build (with retal added to attack)? Something with Righteous Fervor, for example…

Are you kidding me? Had you not seen that “6% of attack damage converted to health for AAR”? That bonus alone is worth more, than all Reaper of Accursed bonuses together.
First, Pulsing Shard is a mandatory, BUILD-ENABLER item for lightning AAR (who use Aetherbolt Pendant for amulet slot)! It’s BiS for fire AAR either, and is also a very solid option for any other AAR build.
Here’s a link to my lightning AAR build/guide with it:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/armoured-mage-tanky-beginner-friendly-lightning-aar-mage-hunter-beginners-guide-included/89391
Please, remove that crap you wrote and dont disgrace yourself.

And perhaps you might consider that things have changed since that info was originally written over a year ago now.

“The rules are simple: use common sense, respect the ideas of others even if you disagree with them, no advertising or selling products, no spamming, don’t be offensive.”

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/faq

2 Likes

Ok, i apologize for that harsh tone, but still, why dont update things a bit? Since it was mentioned, that Crimson’s Arcane sceptre is BiS for lightning AAR, i think, it’s safe to assume updates.

Between the rare affix update being announced and the residency of greenophobes there hasn’t been a compelling reason to do a sweeping review. Posts (which are explicitly invited) reflect interest and the continued usefulness of this guide to the community. As I’ve noted countless times before this is a collection of items identified by community consensus, so thank you for highlighting portions that are not in conformance with the current state of the game.

Creeping ring’s placement is currently arbitrary and in need of debate. I haven’t seen any retal sentinel builds approaching a respectable state so it’s hard to judge the item with a low sampling of builds. As those builds fall on the lower range of performance it’s hard to assess what magnitude of a boon this item can be.

The recent explosion of interest in commenting on items in Doom’s threads may be something we can harness here.

Well, retal builds in general are kinda rare to reach respectable state, to begin with… Though i bet, acid retal DE would be quite decent…
As for Pulsing Shard, it’s obviously a very strong AAR offhand. Sure, i know the “meta” of AAR builds - to use Conduit, stack global ADCTH and feel good, but Pulsing Shard enables another option. And i wouldnt say it’s bad, even in endgame with BiS items. I believe, lightning and fire AAR are best with Pulsing Shard, not Conduit.

Edit: first pass for 1.1.5.0 has been completed. Some items are unclear or otherwise hazy on placement. As always feedback is encouraged so this compilation accurately reflects the state of the game.

3 Likes

Heard rumbles of a major change for 1.1.8.0, holding off for what will probably be the final stab at the wonderful mess of MIs that this game has accumulated.

I’d take another look at Death Watcher Pendant, if only because it’s farmable from the secret vendor in Blood Grove. After about an hour of resetting their inventory, I found a level 84 Necromancer’s Death-Watcher Pendant of Caged Souls that gives +1 all Necro, and +4 to Summon Skeletons. That’s pretty stonking nice on top of making Call of the Grave last 5 seconds longer (and buffing Mogdrogen’s Pact, if you’re using that).

Sure, it’s not going to be the best of the best, but for something you can farm mindlessly while watching Netflix or something, it ain’t half bad.

1 Like

Is there an updated thread on this topic somewhere ? I find such a guide immensely useful.

I’ve been putting it off for a while. If a big patch catches my interest I’ll swing back and overhaul now that the forum seems a little less rambunctious.

thanks for the post, my MI stash is a mess till i turn off MI loot

Milton’s Casque is worth using altogether with Warden’s Frotress on this build, especially after the buffs received on patch 1.1.9.0.

This build has been viable since 1.1.7.1. It can clear all endgame content, including SR 75+ and Crucible 150-170 under 6:40 min.

Some of these helmets drop with cold damage bonuses that maybe can work for a cold Blitz Blademaster build with Alkamos’ Scythe, but I haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

Meme builds can be good too. I mean is this a meme build? [1.1.8.1 - 1.1.9.0] Ravenous KriegMonger - Aether Ravenous Earth Apostate (SR80) it farms SR 75-76 almost blind folded. Or are we just listing items used by sub 4 min crucible builds?

Or, is it just because the guide is like 3 years old and items / standards are different now?

1 Like

It’s a mandatory item for retal Drain Essence (DE) builds (usually - physical). As such, you want physical/elemental retal mods on it, they make a huge DPS difference. Physical retal DE builds are very tanky and strong ones in endgame, but are very gear-dependant, particulary - on the shield mods.
Build examples for physical retal DE:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-1-9-0-the-z-u-c-c-phys-retal-de-oppressor-almost-everything/49993
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dELnLV
Also it’s a nice DE leveling item.

One of the weapon options for physical retal DE builds too, if the rolls are good (casting speed is what you need the most on it).

Do you want to say AAR builds are niche/lackluster? As far as i know, those are top-tier ones. And +3 to disintegration (AAR modifier) is a very sweet thing for those.

combined your post with vendor sold items, List of MI Locations (v1.1.9.7) - #6 by atlantis

if anyone can clean it up on spreadsheet format would b cleaner for the visual :stuck_out_tongue:
prolly should had listed all the other items sold that has no current use, in case it changes in dlc