MIs Worth Caring About

Given that the latest update was around the start of the year and little has changed since then the only discrepancies would be found in items that people found a good application for in the past two months. When FG drops there will be a flood of placeholders as items are gradually devoured by the community hivemind.

The problem with FP overall isn’t the magnitude of its conversion so much as the competition for the slot on builds where it might even be valid. Cadence + has aether limits us to looking at battlemage and Death knight, with DK being the absolute winner due to its physical RR. Physical cadence with 1h = 4p Warborn. Physical cadence with no 1h = 3p warborn as the chest is a given, the helm has no solid competition, and the shoulders give you the flat damage and AS bonus on the 3p set completion making it a no contest for FP.

Basically we’d need the arrival of a powerful enough helm that is capable of displacing the Warborn visor on 3p setups for fleshwarped pauldrons to have a chance at sneaking into builds.

As of last update the rankings reflect an items usability within its niche, how easy it is to roll one that outperforms the other items that compete with its purpose.

I was more wondering about physical AAR or some shenanigans.^^

Ah, that changes my perspective on those rankings. Thank you.

When FG drops

An interesting play of mind: The dropping of FG, without any new items at all, would already give Gulgazors Heart a reason to exist, as suddenly there can be a class combination (Inq+OK) for ranged acid that doesn’t have the option to use BoD.
So, if FG hits and some items are changed and some classes slightly rebalanced, will that result in a re-evaluation of existing items based on existing knowledge, or can that only commence once all new items are properly charted and theories tested and captured on video?

Gulgazor’s heart in a vacuum is a bad item. Bursting round is going to be 1/5 your auto attacks (and even less than that of your total damage) and the conversion is mostly wasted when the ideal pistols have and are likely to have no innate physical. Given that there are no supremely unique build enabling rolls that can occur on MI necklaces the path of least resistance for capping… er… resistance is going to lead you to pants/boots as more likely compromises. Or better yet just use a Viloth that has the resistance rolls on it.

Once build performance starts being gauged I’ll be introducing tentative gradings for the new items. I say tentative because the builds that come out initially aren’t always the ideal approach even if they are ridiculously powerful. After a concept is optimized to the point of an unchanging clearly defined setup - that’s when a given MI will probably sit still with respect to that archetype. Of course new items and new build innovation may very well reveal something that was missing.

Is this worth caring about or not really?

Not really . Trash affix, mediocre suffix. Low %CDR roll. Vendortrash.

What do you think about my offhand?

you mean trash prefix? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes please!

Quite good, the only downside of it is low CDR (12-18).:stuck_out_tongue:

From my limited understanding of pets it’s mainly pet stats that you want on the offhand. Cooldown reduction is useful to an extent, but if you get nice beefy pets that don’t die frequently it’s more of a luxury than anything.

Good affixes, poor rolls. I’d do another 200,000 runs to get a better roll on cdr. :wink:

Too bad this tome supports Conjurer spirit pet and it is a temporary pet, so you have to resummon it frequently :D.

Think this is as good as any place to ask this:
You think that Pulsing Shard can secure a place for itself, now that it seems to be the only direct source of life leech for AAR?

I know its semi offtopic but maybe some experienced player can help me.

I wanna know if most of the ^ Pulsing Shards are an upgrade for the offhand slot for this build http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63306

or it needs to be accompanied by a devotion or something?

I farmed like 10 of them and no special prefix/suffix yet.

Polishing this back up over the weekend. As always, input and questions are welcome. I can’t scour every last post to see what new MI applications have been discovered so all feedback is of potential use.

August 9 edit: will rework guide with coming patch that promises an overhaul on many rare affixes

1 Like

Is this thread still a bit up to date ? I find it immensly useful

Acid retal build (with retal added to attack)? Something with Righteous Fervor, for example…

Are you kidding me? Had you not seen that “6% of attack damage converted to health for AAR”? That bonus alone is worth more, than all Reaper of Accursed bonuses together.
First, Pulsing Shard is a mandatory, BUILD-ENABLER item for lightning AAR (who use Aetherbolt Pendant for amulet slot)! It’s BiS for fire AAR either, and is also a very solid option for any other AAR build.
Here’s a link to my lightning AAR build/guide with it:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/armoured-mage-tanky-beginner-friendly-lightning-aar-mage-hunter-beginners-guide-included/89391
Please, remove that crap you wrote and dont disgrace yourself.

And perhaps you might consider that things have changed since that info was originally written over a year ago now.

“The rules are simple: use common sense, respect the ideas of others even if you disagree with them, no advertising or selling products, no spamming, don’t be offensive.”

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/faq

2 Likes

Ok, i apologize for that harsh tone, but still, why dont update things a bit? Since it was mentioned, that Crimson’s Arcane sceptre is BiS for lightning AAR, i think, it’s safe to assume updates.

Between the rare affix update being announced and the residency of greenophobes there hasn’t been a compelling reason to do a sweeping review. Posts (which are explicitly invited) reflect interest and the continued usefulness of this guide to the community. As I’ve noted countless times before this is a collection of items identified by community consensus, so thank you for highlighting portions that are not in conformance with the current state of the game.

Creeping ring’s placement is currently arbitrary and in need of debate. I haven’t seen any retal sentinel builds approaching a respectable state so it’s hard to judge the item with a low sampling of builds. As those builds fall on the lower range of performance it’s hard to assess what magnitude of a boon this item can be.

The recent explosion of interest in commenting on items in Doom’s threads may be something we can harness here.