MIs Worth Caring About

Viable, strong, popular? Is it something you’d see in a build guide “BIS is XX Salazar of YY but so long as you have such n such rolls it’s still the best option”. Being an option (as opposed to irrelevant in the face of other MIs or legendaries) that is neither dominant nor popular lands it nicely in the “could be useful” category. People aren’t lusting after Sovereign Blades, but if a good one drops there can be a use for it.

You’ve highlighted something interesting here. Yes, mutant bludgeons ARE vendor farmable. Who is going to vendor farm them? Someone who wants the perfect roll. Will people be farming them to trade? Doubtfully, but being able to assess ones that drop in the general course of play or in crucible is helpful. Ironically if the steelcap vendor was in a roguelike people would be checking him more, such as is the case with living rings and various medals coming out of Ancient Grove.

Again, I don’t know what the exact threshold of ‘right rolls’ is for the bludgeon > Pummeler, but the fact that Pummeler remains a valid choice in the absence of a well rolled bludgeon suggests that the bludgeon isn’t wholly supreme. Contrast this to ugdenbog chillstrife and the other assorted cold MIs which utterly dominate the weapon slots with even a simple Chilled prefix leaving no room on most builds for legendaries to sneak in other than a korba axe that is granting the 3p bonus.

I didn’t see this addressed later on in the thread, but the Physical Resistance to Call of the Grave modifier on Bargoll’s Core only affects the player. It does nothing for pets.

Need to ask, but have you actually leveled with these gear?
What is the meta behind these rankings, theorycrafting the BiS for end game?
Not beign hostile, but some of the rankings are debetable very least since one kinda needs to compaire the item to what you can get on same level also paying attention to what it gan be rolled with.

huh, well that’s a drag. Still it IS one of the better weapons for Blight fiend builds.

Bloodsworn Vestements is absolutely best chest in slot for a chaos caster as it is literally the only caster chest for chaos damage. Especially if you can find one like this
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23PeRjV

Debatable rankings? Let there be a debate. Name the items, provide some insight on their supremacy on a build or builds, then take note of how popular said builds are. For the average player, average player here being someone who cares about MIs and will be using MIs in their build, super niche items aren’t going to be high on the caring about list unless that niche happens to be a popular build. Many of these items will drop with negligible frequency outside of crucible, odds of an appealing roll compounding to make it so any player who isn’t specifically farming the MI/an area that drops the MI or catching sight of it in crucible won’t have many “is this good?” moments. The descriptions and rankings are being developed to reflect both the impact and the popularity of MI options in an endgame setting.

The highlighted leveling items are typically ones that, without any specific affixes, greatly speed up leveling when used with the skill they support. I have personally leveled Obsidian+Forcewave, bonespike+RE and Spectral Longsword+SS. The Sky Effigy’s potency in absence of all affixes and the numerous times I’ve seen Groble Sky Effigy suggested for Totem Leveling (even vitality totems!) brings about that mention.

I wouldn’t go so far as literally, but with the bonuses on the current selection of chests it has a sizable chance at being used. Overall there are few chaos caster builds out there so the odds any old player would care about a Bloodsworn Vestment are on the low end. Doom Bolt, chaos AAR, chaos biting blades / chillspikes are all the ones I can list offhand - and the frequency with which they are even so much as mentioned is rather low.

Now you’ve got me wondering if I should give the armor section a twice over seeing how rarely they tend to be used. Galakros dread plating hardly ever shows up, some of the others make a singular appearance here or there. This sort of thing has me wondering if another rank should be added to the system to better differentiate things on the lower end.

My apologies for missing this until now (your post). Belts are on the to-do list. With the recent departure of the DA meta a reasonable generalization is that nearly all MI belts are dropping down to unpopular or worse. With legendary options offering +1 class stacked on other bonuses, or bonuses so strong they hedge out +1 class options, there’s very low appeal in filling the belt slot with bonuses that could be sought elsewhere. Previously this was not the case. A high DA roll on a belt went a long way towards making a character durable. Between the reduction of the stalwart prefix and the hardcap on PTH there is little to no reason why a majority of builds would want a green belt anymore.

An old sample from Reasonably Powerful Builds saw roughly 50% of the featured builds stacking DA, with many of them making use of green belts to do so. Outside of DA stacking green belts did not make an appearance. Niche applications may exist for individual belts, but it is my understanding that the meta has mostly abandoned them with the passing of the DA meta.

you can play any elemental skill as chaos damage with blood orb of chthon. And outside of Bloodsworn Vestment there is only Vestment of Dreeg for chaos casters (and that is clearly more a Acid/poison chest) Plus with decent affixes Bloodsworn is flat out better.
Clairvoyant chest could be used if you don’t use any skills that naturally have chaos damage on them. But again Bloodsworn is flat out better with decent affixes.
It is by and far the best M.I. Chest available for builds that need a easy to get chest.
I have played tons of chaos builds and they all use Bloodsworn Vestment. Not because I want to, but because I kind of have to. Which makes it best in slot.
here’s one example of my many chaos builds
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVARY8QZ

Best thing aboot Bloodsworn Vestment is they drop all the time so you can easily farm one with decent affixes.

OP doesn’t even include belts, SAD.

Many monster infrequents will be seeing some love in a future update.

Theme of the evening is…Conversion.

If the MI belts get some cool conversion, then maybe they can be useful.

Have I ever mentioned how cool and smart and attractive the Crate team is?

Will there be a two handed shield MI?

I think you did, but wouldn’t hurt to say it more often.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… no.

Will these changes be applied in FG or an update before it?

Have you changed your minds?

[spoiler]What about now?

And what about now?

[/spoiler]

More conversion does sound interesting in that it provides new directions for builds to go in rather than being a question of one bundle of stats adding up to slightly more than another bundle of stats as is the case with many MI weapons. And a lot of the MI weapons tend to be on the lower end with regards to their legendary counterparts.

I’d be delighted to see more unique bonuses ending up on belts to liven up the competition with the +1 class belts. What else have we been seeing around the character’s waist? Legendary belts with conversion most often and Stalwart of Protection because 4.5k+ DA is the way to go. As it stands there’s rarely a compelling reason to want an MI belt anymore as the majority of what they offer is in terms of resistances. Not many legendary boots or pants come close to the potency offered in the popular legendary belts so it is far more comfortable to trade them in for a green option to round out resists, much like what would be obtained if a belt was traded in.

One day I really want to see one of these in a game, even if it’s just a joke item.

Plot twist: it’s conversion the arcanist skill.

Lol. It would be funny to see a shield in main hand and a sword in offhand, just like Dark Souls joke build. :smiley:
Oh, and there’s the door in DS3 that has decent damage for a shield.

Crate, please. prays to Crate