'Missing Builds?'

I thought about Stonefist Rebukes memes a lot too and the best what I’ve come up with is Physical FoI Deceiver

• impossible Badge of Mastery warning!

For Gulgazor there’s

• Ranged Acid Deceiver but it’s a serious build so a more meme would be

• SSF Beginner 2h Biting Blades Acid Infiltrator
    Again Gulgazor for full Pierce conversion in SSF circumstances

• to use Gulgazor Fire conversion I’d level with Acid Conflagration till I have Seal of Blades :slight_smile:

• to those that don’t know - Biting Blades are pretty strong because they hit twice if you use them correctly

• I think aiming behind enemies probably with Force Move might be needed
2 Likes

Yeah, happens if ‘one’ has to use this ridiculously primitive excuse for a language called english… No, ‘you’ did not mean you personally but ‘you’ as in the opposite of me :wink:

Learn yourself some german, it is much more precise.

Edit: think about it: why would I want to attack you as the only one trying to work shit out? See? I usually expect people to see these… interconnections?

Yes, to me. That’s the whole point. IF there are oversights in buildvariants then I expect them to be there.

EX-FUCKIN’-SACTLY!!! Now we are talking… :grinning:

Combination of Occ and Inq based on Vit is my next toon. I hope… still farming for Radaggan. Or Wendigo Spirits. Or Aetherial Missives…
CoF and WoP are Killers together.

Well, that changes all the time. It was skills, then switched to Devotions, than to gear and now back to skills…

It is. Finally someone UNDERSTOOD. Omg…

1 Like

English isn’t my first language either, but I prefer it online specifically because it is more precise than French :wink:

1 Like

ah, I love to hear french, even if I don’t understand much, learning Latin didn’t help…

Btw, be warned, we are driftig off topic and ‘they’ don’t like it :wink:

1 Like
  • I used this Acid WD conduit in 3 Shaman builds but never for WD themselves but rather as support / for conversion / RR:

• Acid PS Conjurer (only this one tested)
    • Acid Storm Totems / Guardian Archon
    • Acid Shadow Strike + other skills Trickster
  • Chaos WoP Conduit - just use it with Voidsoul and FoI :slight_smile:

• or you can use 100% Elemental to Chaos and make yourself some Chaos Obliteration build with WoP support
  • Pierce Infiltrators with Messenger’s Repeaters are top tier, very strong in SSF / beginner build too :slight_smile:

Acid pseudo-spammable Horn of Gandarr + procs Infiltrator - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqEoPvZ
Untested. Interesting idea I was brainstorming some months back. The idea is to keep up Lethal Assault/Seal and spam Gandarr for the massive damage reduction and life steal through it + pure Acid Twin Fangs. Procs on the main hand, rings, relic, boots and Acid Meteors will help out, also converted to pure/majority Acid.

Acid Phantasmal Blades + Biting Blades - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOyLnPV
Untested. More recent idea inspired by one of @XandeRoot’s comments sometime ago. Keep up Lethal Assault/Seal, Phantasmal Blades when ready for a nuke and Biting Blades for filler. Some on-paper calcs I ran were getting PBlades at doing ~34.6k Acid damage per Blade before RR/crit damage, 128-153k per Blade with RR/crit damage to the dummy. Energy is likely going to be a major problem though. Biting Blades is going to be costly if it’s not used in moderation.

2 Likes

This is one point where I sorta agree with part of what OP is saying: it’s a bit difficult to round up what others have done.
There are times when I’m theorycrafting a build, and eventually find a Reddit thread from 2019 where someone did almost exactly that.

i wasn’t aware that “Pierce Infiltrators with Messenger’s Repeaters are top tier,” … not a clue :stuck_out_tongue: I thought I was clever! :rofl:

I didn’t know you already tried your hand at Acid WD conduit build… do I want to spend time tinkering that when someone with more experience already did the legwork and deemed it inefficient ?

See what I mean.

I don’t have a solution for that. I know that we have build compendiums and the Grimsheet for what has been done and WORKS! … but very little on those “Yeah I tried that, it’s fun, but not good enough to post” builds… Which would be a great leg-up for new-ish players

Anyway, I’m glad you shared those, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for those :smiley:

The spammable version looks great, it’s basically what I was trying to do, albeit with no real success.

1 Like

Lol, nice meme :laughing:

Just use Arcane Spark if you need to. No Energy problems. And if by some crazy accident it’s still not enough, you can use two of them :slight_smile: Amazing build btw and a great idea.

You were but there are others clever too that I know of and making builds on a daily and having close to 1000 Grim Tools links bookmarked :laughing:

Totally spend time on it. The only reason I would say to not do something is when 1) there’s a proper build thread on a forum 2) greatly tested and optimized 3) using literally the same idea(s) as yours. Stuff I mentioned doesn’t satisfy any of those 3 conditions.

Yes these are probably rather discussed on Discord with whoever is on-line at the time. Good place for memes for sure.

2 Likes

I tweaked your build a bit to make it a Deceiver instead, since what was used in Nightblade was mostly Acid damage bonus.

Do you think this could be as good ?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRdyyr2

Potentially more damage eyeballing it with the additional RR on Bloody Pox and the Deathstalker, though being able to apply it passively via Night’s Chill on the Infiltrator will be a little smoother than having to cast CoF + Pox back-to-back on the Deceiver. Comparatively though, you don’t have to deal with keeping up Lethal Assault for flat damage so perhaps it evens out in playstyle :smile:

The low DA looks worrisome on the surface but should be compensated with Wasting. High DA isn’t actually all that required as it’s just one layer to building defense and feels more comfortable to play with than actually being necessary (which is why I personally like building my characters with fairly high amounts in mind). Some Crucible players don’t even need it with enough damage and good piloting.

You may want to reconsider keeping the Venomblade weapon as I chose it with the 3-piece set bonuses in mind - the extra 12% cooldown reduction and 6% physical resistance are real juicy. The 80 OA on the set bonus and 3% OA on the weapon are nothing to sneeze at either. The damage proc is icing on the cake.

Adding to the above, if you don’t want to go the full 3-piece Venomblade you could alternatively think about swapping out the remaining 2 Venomblade pieces for a +1 Occultist/Inquisitor/All head like Ravager’s Dreadgaze and the chest for a M. Venomancer’s Raiment or something else. You do lose the 30% Elemental/Pierce->Acid conversion on the head/chest but I think getting some more value out of those slots might be warranted on Deceiver.

1 Like

2 “curse” type abilities are actually just as easy for me as only 1, as I usually bind them to my scroll wheel (1 up, 1 down) I just wiggle the wheel to cast both. The flip side is that this trick breaks down if I have more than 2 such skills :stuck_out_tongue:

I think overall it’s better than having to keep up ABB, as ABB requires at least one target to be real close, while I can be kiting with BP.

I tried to implement your suggestions there.

I replaced the hat with Venomancer, which gives basically the same ability, but adds some damage to BP, a bit of cooldown to compensate for the loss of 3-piece venomblade, and more DA. The Ele to acid conversion I get back from the armor. The chaos conversion is just a bonus.

I replaced the armor with Venomancer too as you suggested. I lose a bit of pierce - Acid convertion, but gain more health, some stun resist and a boost to Aspect of the guardian (which should offset somewhat the loss of physical resist from 3-piece Venomblade). The toggle helps making up for the loss of set bonus damage.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0mYoEZ

Total DA and OA are better too.
Will have to play with components and augments a bit cause I lost some aether resist in the process…

Edit: I also changed the gloves, since their bonus was irrelevant, that also helped a bit

What do you think ?

I like having duration buffs like Word of Renewal/Pneumatic Burst/Blood of Dreeg and often my health potion on these but to each their own.

Looking good. Didn’t realise earlier as well but if low DA is a problem, you can easily pick up to 200-300 by swapping your ring/amulet augments to Rotgut Venom and trying for the % DA craft on the Deathstalker relic.

Aether resistance shouldn’t be hard either with most of the Solael’s Voidward augments swapped out for +9% Aether/Chaos resistance and maybe a 15% Aether resistance here and there.

It’ll really just come down to seeing how much damage it deals overall in practice as it’s hard to estimate and whether it can hold it’s own. Since it’s mostly AoE and procs, it’s probably best suited to Crucible.

Random off-topic question as well if you don’t mind. It’s been a few years but I vaguely remember your name and profile picture from the Borderlands community, i wasn’t a regular poster but recall seeing you in discussions when looking up character builds. It’s been nagging me in the back of my brain for awhile now and I’m not sure if I’m just imagining things or not :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ll play around with those, thanks!

Yes that’s me :slight_smile:

Did pretty much every gear/skill guides for Salvador at the time, and some general ones too.
My “Deputy” build is still one of the most played one right now, if Twitch and Youtube are anything to go by :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

More like one of the most broken one ever. Just next to pimphabs :rofl:

1 Like

I had the luck of finding that quirk in a game where the devs rarely patched anything out. So it’s still a monster build to this day. (Was told that the issue was too deep-rooted in the code for them to be able to address it)

Those were the days :slight_smile:

Before BL3 came out, they made one last expansion for BL2 and increased OP levels even further… I tried it out just to be sure and yep: it still absolutely wrecked, I think I 3-shoted the final boss :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I also tried lilith dlc tho I’m primarily a maya player so I only tried it with her (and derch’s skill setup which just works so well on almost every item combination) and it still kicks ass like nothing’s changed after a few years. Haven’t played bl3 tho. Didn’t have the money at launch and afterwards I heard the story’s shit.

1 Like

Derch’s stuff was absolutely great. I miss the collabs with him for his channel.

The story itself isn’t too bad in and of itself … it’s the … pacing I guess ? or the themes ? I don,t know how to describe it but the magic isn’t there…

It’s kinda like They understood what Borderlands was all about, but not what made it special…

Trying to find an example…
Fallout 3/4 were undoubtedly fallout games… They had the humor, the enemies, the visuals, the tone… but something was off…

Fallout 3 was … a fallout
But New Vegas WAS Fallout, for real

BL3 felt like the former…

Kind of have to agree. I haven’t played through completely, made it partway through to Promethea just after Gigamind and had to stop, hope to get back to it when I’m feeling like it but for what I played, most of the story and side quests felt like they were going through the motions, things were just happening and it felt meh. Not the kind of feel BL2 and some of it’s DLC (like Tiny Tina’s) gave that really drew me in.

The gameplay has been pretty damn fun though and probably the biggest positive. I don’t mind the story being so off if it’s just fun to slaughter stuff. I would say more but I think we’ve gone way off-topic.

1 Like

Let’s stick to the topic folks. Missing builds in GD.

1 Like