Missing important features

Well sure but who doesn’t want more content? A theater is nice but it doesn’t fill that aesthetic. Also should say I’m not advocating for any specific religious building. Church to me is a placeholder term for a religious building in general. Any sort of temple or mishmash architecture of Crate’s design is fine with me, it doesn’t need to be historical or anything

1 Like

Yes, mosques etc were around, but not in the places of the world where it seems that you are drawing 100% of the inspiration from. Architecture, landscape, fauna and flora all seem European and it seems to me that you aim for a pretty “authentic” feel.

I’m really not trying to be an asshole about the whole thing. I think the game is amazing and I can’t stop playing it. I’m just saying that I believe that the implementation of churches and boats/ports really could benefit the game.

Churches mostly because the towns look “off” without them. I’m in no way religious myself so I have no ideological agenda but I still miss them, since they are part of the scenery in every medieval town in Europe. I’m sure some interesting mechanics could be developed around religion as well.

Boats/ports on the other hand, I miss both as a gameplay mechanic and aesthetic. Being somewhat knowledgeable in game development, I realize that adding boats as an “afterthought” would be huge task, but hey, I’m just trying to give creative feedback. I just hope that maybe you have plans to add naval element later…

Anyway, I really think that you have created an amazing product.

Well, I guess that’s your opinion. If the goal is to make a “realistic” city builder in medieval Europe, yes it is.

To everyone that insists that churches are not an essential part of medieval towns, I simply suggest that you do some reading.

If “essential” means suppresion, exploitation, brainwashing, keeping the masses dumb etc, then yes. ^^ The lead-in of the game tells us ‘our people’ are flee-ing exactly that.