[MOD] Cataclysm (aka Apocalypse)

Nice, would love to watch some Cata videos, there are only DAIL and Grimarillion videos on Youtube.

This mod is a blast man Iā€™m enjoying it way more then vanilla.

Iā€™m running as a Mage/Voidcaller.

Itā€™s pretty fun slinging lightning around like crazy and having 3 summons. They donā€™t seem to be as powerful as the shaman or occultist (I think) from vanilla but thatā€™s ok b/c I think if I had rolled mage/shaman it would be OP as hell.

One thing Iā€™m wondering, does anyone have any devotion suggestions to use with this combo?

Hereā€™s a progress video :slight_smile:

Pure Paragon at the moment, still working out which second classā€¦

A really nice ā€˜explosiveā€™ melee build so far and the +25% experience from Combat Expertise is nice :wink:

Still really enjoying the mod. Standout features:

Unique affixes on Epic and Legendary gear.
Legendaries dropping from L30
The skills are awesome
Mysterious Lockers
Lots of recipes
New augments and components, dropping for all levels straight away
The conversion transmuter components
Mob densities are really well balanced
Heaps of loot, though because there are heaps of classes and variations it doesnā€™t feel too much.
Potions of Knowledge and mastery
etc

Great work!

Nice, just 2 things:

1. Youā€™re playing an outdated version (1.9.2 is up on Nexus since Jule 22)
  2. Whereā€™s the sound? :slight_smile:

Ah ok. Will download the new one.

Just checked and there is sound. Was it just quiet?

Will do another video at Steps of Torment or Conflagration or something. Up to L38 nowā€¦

yep, your gd vids are too quiet.

Thanks, must have my headphones up too loud!

Hereā€™s a more recent one where I had the volume higher, is it better?

Mod feedback:
Levelling goes fairly quickly so Iā€™m looking forward to seeing how it flows towards higher levels.
I think thereā€™s a few too many of the special potions dropping (experience, stat points, skill points, devotions). For instance I got three potions of knowledge at the Burrwitch rift gate and went from L20 to 23 instantly.
Common components seem rare (searing ember, cracked lodestone etc)
It also feels quite easy to be a bit OP with all the +skills components etc.
Have a lot of ā€˜tagnotfoundā€™ descriptions in the skill windows
Still loving the classes and skills, feel unique against the existing classes :slight_smile:

Much better.

Leveling past level 50 is far more intense and balanced, in my opinion.

Agree with that.

Havenā€™t noticed any issues finding those.

Yes, on low levels, this is somewhat intended, everyone is sick of acts 1 - 2, I think, I personally ran through these acts countless times and trying to finish them ASAP.

Never seen any. Any specific skill to look?

Thatā€™s fair enough and I agree generally. My only concern is suddenly a difficulty increases substantially and my build feels ā€˜weak.ā€™ Iā€™ll keep an eye on the progressionā€¦

Never seen any. Any specific skill to look?

Examples (only from skills I have point inā€¦:
Stalker: Fragmentation (Skillcostformatmod, Projectilepiercingchangemod), Aether Instability (Skillcostformatmod, targetanglemod, targetnumbermod), Arcane Redoubt (skillsecondformatmod)
Paragon: Elemental Wave, Dread Omen, Karma, Weakness to Elements, Time Collapse, (Skillcostformatmod), Collapse (Skillsecondformatmod)
Havenā€™t looked at the other classes yetā€¦

Facerolling up to act 4, after that you actually have to think about gear, enchants, correct skills (Elemental missles from your last vid which you never used but have like 2-3 points in this skill and its mod), and spend attribute points (which you tend to keep for later). With all these, itā€™s still easy to faceroll up to Ultimate :slight_smile:

Youā€™re the second person with ā€œSkillcostformatmodā€. That isnā€™t something caused by this mod, try to verify game cache.

Hmm ok, could be I have installed a few modsā€¦ I suspect DAIL.

I also noticed 'when mousing over resists it says tag not found: tagOverCapResist. Checked this one with Grim Legion mod and it works fine there, also works fine in standard game

Nothingā€¦

Missing tags are related to tags_ui.txt, but I donā€™t really understand why everything works fine for me, will update it next time.

i got a question, what did you change for epics and legendaryā€™s to get affixes, i really like that aspect and was wondering if it was a mod that you compiled or if it is a change that you made yourself, id really like to play with just that change and not a conversion.

thanks for any info.

Version 1.9.3 is up on Nexus and Mega. I suggest to make a clean install (ie. remove ā€œcataclysmā€ folder from your ā€œmodsā€ folder completely).

Specifically in Cataclysm, I made myself, but as far as I remember thereā€™s a mod on Nexus that you can use to make your own blues/purples with affixes, donā€™t remember its name though.

I absolutely love this mod. Itā€™s a great addition and Iā€™m loving all the new masteries, especially the stalker. I have a couple questions/comments:

1. Maybe I simply havenā€™t found it yet but I havenā€™t seen a Pierce -> Aether Transmuter. Does it exist?

2. Iā€™ve noticed very rarely that some legendaries will have +skill bonuses to 3 different masteries. Is this an intentional choice or not?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Pierce > any does not exist.

Well, I havenā€™t seen any items with bonuses to 3 different masteries, but in theory it is possible, for example, if an item has +skill in Soldier then it rolls a prefix with +skill in Voidcaller and a suffix with +skill in Occultist. It could even have bonuses to 4 different masteries :slight_smile:

Is not having any pierce > transmuter simply the authorā€™s decision or is there a game mechanic reason as to why they donā€™t exist. Iā€™m simply curious.

Just my decision, I can add them in the next version if needed.

Hi,
Just a post to say that your mod is just awesome ! Spells animations are very nice (almost better than Vanilla) and gameplay with all the new classes is funny. Great job !

I would love to see a Pierce > transmuter (iā€™m playing a Stalker who could use a Pierce > Aether transmuter).

Another fun build so far, Doomsayer:

Yay for craftable Omens :slight_smile: