[Mod] Central GD-Zenith Thread

Sorry for my english - I’m russian.
My question is about demolitionist and elementalist masteries. I like fire gunner, but i want it to make lightning damage. I choose elementalist as second mastery - Lightning Affinity skill (3 points). Does this skill convert ALL fire damage to lightning damage? I mean fire strike, explosive strike, static strike, brimstone, flame touched and others. If it does, then what about burn damage? Does the skill convert it to electrocute damage?
I just want demolitionist gunner with totally lightning damage and sometimes with cold damage.

There is no Demo mastery in zenith. But DoTs (outside of Bleeding, because it is its own “element”) between different elements convert just fine. Piercing, Chaos and Aether don’t have a DoT associated with them so DoTs don’t get converted.
Take note that conversion applies after skill percentage modifiers but before the same modifiers from items. So in your case you can max out the whole Fire Strike line just fine, but have to wear a +% lightning/electrocute damage equipment.

Thanks for answer, but i need some details to be explained. Fire and burn damage from whole fire strike line totally converts to lightning and electrocute damage, thanks again for explanation.

1. Brimstone Fragments with lightning affinity do lightning+chaos damage instead of fire+chaos, am i right?
  2. Now what about Flame Touched fire damage, +%fire damage and +%burn damage? Lightning affinity converts it to ligthning, +%lightning and +%electrocute damage?
  3. What abour flameblade from elementalist mastery? Fire damage from it now converts to lightning damage?
  4. I dont need Fire Aura from enchanted flint and fire damage from enchanted flint or flintcore bolts or deviltouched ammo because it simply useless in my case? I dont need coldstone for same reasons? Should i prefer hell’s bane ammo and others lodestones to increase my lightning, +%lightning and % electrocute damage?
  5. I dont need some fire damage constellations because they are useless too? I have to choose only +lightning everywhere except masteries?

If you have conversion on items, then all sources of that damage type get converted. If it is a skill transmuter (e.g tainted Power, Corrupted Storm), then it applies to that skill only.

Well, i have conversion on elementalist skill Lightning Affinity. And i have five questions. :slight_smile:

All flat damage is subject to conversion. Conversion does not affect % damage.

Major bug with the RiftStalker Drain Augment. Instead of giving the large aether % buff and life steal it instead give mediocre lifesteal as well as a flat 10% aether damage at all levels. This also persist whether or not “Sap” is active or not.

One day after the release of Cornucopia and I’ve turned my sights back to Zenith…

Mastery overhauls are coming…

A rough date on release?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

1-3 weeks, depending on how creative I can be.

I need shooty shooty bang bang shotgun style. No rest for you. :smiley:

What happened to relaxing?

Making tangible skills to play with is much more relaxing than implementing hundreds or thousands of little changes here and there in Cornucopia.

…except for when the damn engine prevents one of your skills from working. :furious::furious::furious:

Modding is fun. Usually.

Modding is fun. Usually.

Only when it works, and only when it doesn’t require a ton of ass backwards techniques to get things done.

First post updated with a look at Zenith’s Itemization and Crafting systems!

Previous first-post content:

[spoiler]Hotfix Alpha v0.5B

• Moved the skill reallocation cost and total iron text/textboxes up several pixels in the Spirit Guide window. It presently looks awful but I’ll fix the size of the text later (probably reduce the font size a point or so). This is being done because [FUTURE CONTENT].
  • Necrotic - Defender of Death: Is now a rank 40 skill. If you have under 40 points in the Necrotic mastery, you will be unable to put points into or out of this skill after updating the mod, so please plan accordingly! Also reduced granted damage absorption by 10%, and the skill now reduces your DA while it’s active. This DA reduction scales up (down?) until rank 12, and then it starts scaling down (up?) in Ultimate ranks. At 22/12, you’ll receive a very minor amount of positive Defensive Ability, and at rank 21/12, you’ll break even (+0DA).
  • Necrotic - Claws of the Beast: Changed targeting to (theoretically) enable stationary untargeted attacks (shift-toggling). I haven’t had time to test this, so let me know if it behaves irregularly.
  • Necrotic - Malice: % Current Health Retaliation reduced by 50% on the minimum, and 33% on the maximum.
  • Terror Knight - Soldier of Madness: +All Skills bonus received in Ultimate ranks removed. Let me know if this resolves the multiplayer lag that this skill presumably induces. If it doesn’t, I’ll add the bonus back in and look into the issue further.
  • Elementalist - Elemental Armoring: Fixed a small typo in the skill description.

End Hotfix Alpha v0.5B

Zenith v0.5 - Necrotic and Balancing Update!
Changelog:

• Added the devastingly evil Necrotic mastery to the mod, rounding out Zenith’s mastery collection!
  • Added unique FX to many existing skills. More will follow with subsequent updates.
  • Renamed Outrider’s ‘Cadence’ skill to ‘Marksman’
  • Fixed a bug where Zenith’s custom skill ui wasn’t showing for some masteries.
  • Customized the mastery training bar colors for the Zenith masteries.
  • Terror Knight - Blood Siphon: Reduced Life Leech/second by 40%.
  • Terror Knight - Evocation of Terror: Cooldown reduced from 35 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Terror Knight - Entropic Reign: No longer gives % Damage Absorption.
  • Terror Knight - Blood Rage: Reduced Active Life Cost by 2 per rank (-24 at 12/12). Removed Defensive Ability bonus. Increased Offensive Ability bonus by 50% at all ranks.
  • Elementalist - Rupture: % Chance of Elemental Resist Reduction reduced from 33% to a scaling %, reaching 25% at 22/12.
  • Elementalist - Breath Fire: Minimum Fire Damage reduced by 60%. Maximum Fire Damage reduced by 20%. Now features a 40% chance of 66% Crit Damage (at all ranks) to help endgame scaling.
  • Elementalist - Exhumation: Reduced Burn Damage by 33%.
  • Elementalist - Ice Surge: Increased range from 16 to 20 meters.
  • Elementalist - Citadel of Ice: Energy Cost increased by 25%. Damage absorption reduced from 100% to 90%.
  • Elementalist - Sprite: Radius increased from 2 meters to 3.5 meters. Cooldown reduced from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
  • Elementalist - Chain Lightning: Increased maximum Lightning Damage by 15%.
  • Outrider - Kick: Added 80% Weapon Damage (all ranks).
  • Outrider - Fury of the Deserter: Increased % Weapon Damage from 100% to 120%.
  • Outrider - Line `em Up & Fragmented Assault: % Chance to proc now scales much more quickly to 40% Chance at 8/8 (does not increase in Ultimate Ranks).
  • Champion - Battery: Is now a default attack modifier (e.g., Fire Strike, Savagery). Works with all weapons.
  • Champion - Army of None: Cooldown decreases by 2 seconds per rank invested (continuing into Ultimate ranks).
  • Riftstalker - Korvoranian Tactics: %Chance of % Crit Damage reduced to 15%, from 25%. Energy cost/second doubled.
  • All masteries - All masteries now have a (hidden) passive skill enabling Dualwield Melee and Ranged weaponry. As consequence, Outrider’s Gunsligner and Riftstalker’s Intangible are no longer required to dualwield; however, their bonuses still require dualwielding weapons to work. This new passive skill is automatically at rank 1/1 in all masteries and provides no additional effects.

Brace yourselves, for the Reaper of Cairn is here! I present to you the Necrotic, a creature that feasts upon the life force of the living and spreads carnage in its wake. Few have managed to see the Necrotic and lived to tell of it, but thankfully there is a creature that can give you some advice about the Necrotic’s malevolence…

And so, at long last, I have concluded the first stage of development for Zenith. The mod has its six masteries to parallel the vanilla campaign…but the mod still has no campaign of its own, nor do the masteries have items or a devotion system to complement them. The road ahead will be long, and paving it will be slow. But don’t fret; Zenith’s transition from a simple mastery collection into a fully-fledged gameplay overhaul is finally underway!

Cheers!

-Ceno

P.S. For those of you who love tweaking mastery skills and making zany builds, don’t worry; Zenith still has surprises in store when it comes to its masteries. :)[/spoiler]

Smart.

I too am doing away with yellow items. Ugly color, useless tier of items. It’s funny you’re taking a Dark Souls approach with Zenith, as it is also one of my “Inspirations”, though Zenith would be the truer comparison.

The weapon swap idea is pretty clever too. It’s a mechanic that, at least for me, might as well not even be implemented. You can generally complete all ARPG’s with just a single weapon type throughout the whole game. I can see the strategic benefits pretty clearly.

Have you modified certain animations and speeds/ added larger enemies? I can see that being clever if you want skill-based gameplay.

Also, considering how different your mod is, it sounds like fun to make tough, animation based Hero/ Boss enemies. If you were interested in a small collab, l would be happy to make one or two for ya. I know Insanity is pretty absurd, but I know the difference between the two mods, so if I did make one, I don’t think it’d be out of place.

That’s a topic for its own devblog entirely. :smiley: I will suggest, however, that Zenith’s enemies will have some telegraphed animations that will bury players that ignore them. Of course, not all attacks will be of that manner; those will likely be special cases. Edit: Except for a particular boss…

Insanity is a travesty under the hood. As the tools become more and more second nature, i’m gradually cleaning it up. But I definitely have an opinion on the enjoyment factor of modding Insanity.

Zero.

The only real enjoyment I get is seeing my taped together templates actually make a working, sturdy mechanic.

BREATHING INTENSIFY…

Tbh, it’s been a whole year since my last with GD, I’m stuck with path of exile… In awe with their ubiquitous mechanic, gear perk and just how easy lv10 gear work on latter part (skill exploit).

Only 700h later, I’ve found all these mod content.
Your mastery work on the different approach, and its not just some stat blender. Love all the touch blessed, done in zenith/ cornucoppia / grimarillion… Thanks for the perseverance and enjoyment shared with your creation.

Coming to an Outrider near you…Chemical Warfare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tTqYlcP-pU