[Mod] Central GD-Zenith Thread

Does it mean Zenith will be a souls-like experience?

So, i’m a bit curious - next release will include craft improvements or no? :slight_smile:

No; the crafting improvements are dependent on some materials (components) that aren’t in vanilla Grim Dawn. So I won’t redesign crafting for vanilla, and then redesign it all again to put it in Zenith.

Crafting will release whenever Act 1 or Act 2 releases for Zenith (keep in mind that what’s coming ‘soon’ is Zenith’s Act 0, an introductory Act).

Ok, thx for info :slight_smile:

I feel so too… Imho, shouldn’t mastery crafting part come up, only, after gear content has been prepared?

On a other note, in any timeline, would you up for mastery-gear which change the nature of the skill; potentially? :stuck_out_tongue:

Else, experimental Grimarillion build has been released 2times between less than 48hours. Can we have a taste at your experimental mod too? Speaking of Grimm.mod release. :cool:

Strictly speaking, that’s not possible, as an engine limitation…

…but there may be hacky workarounds. I have the full intentions to use one such workaround in Zenith.

I mean, I guess if there’s any interest in it, sure? Outrider is presently kind of empty though. The experimental builds for Grimarillion work because all (most) of the content in there is done, and they’re just experimental because they’re debugging stuff/testing things out. I’m still trying to actively make content.

I’ll drop the current changelog for the next release here, though. Note that I’m still planning a TON of other changes to the existing masteries.

[ul]
[li]* Removed universal Zenith skills from all masteries except the Necrotic. This only applies to mod mergers. If you are interested in merging the Zenith masteries into one of your projects, ask me what this means.[/li]
[li]* Got transperant UI mastery rank lines working in all masteries.[/li]
[li]* Fixed Class Selection images not fitting their designated window correctly.[/li]
[li]* Fixed Necrotic’s Class Selection image sometimes not appearing in its designated window.[/li]
[li]* Fixed the mastery bar investment button’s coloring not matching that of the mastery bar for some masteries.[/li]
[li]* All Zenith masteries have been heavily reworked! It is recommended that you make a new character with this update as an old character may find many of its skills missing, and with them, their skillpoints.[/li]
[/ul][ul]
[li]* Necrotic - The Twinning (pt. 1): Added scaling % Damage Absorption.[/li]
[li]* Necrotic - The Twinning (pt. 2): Added scaling % Damage Absorption. The intent of these skills is to enable you to exist on the brink of death, giving you all the tools you would ever need to survive. If you find yourself overcapping them (22/12 each) you’ll find yourself sitting at a very handy 90% Damage Absorption.[/li]
[li]* Necrotic - Primordial Transfer: Removed cooldown. Duration reduced by 3 seconds at all ranks. Added a 6 meter Area of Effect. Note that applying this skill to multiple targets does not buff you further; you can receive the benefits at most once at a time. Against multiple targets, it behaves solely like Curse of Frailty.[/li]
[li]* Necrotic - Claws of the Beast: Fixed targeting…again.[/li]
[/ul][ul]
[li]* Riftstalker Mastery: Reduced health gain per mastery point by 8. This is a loss of 400 health at 50/50 mastery investment.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Warp: Deleted it and its transmuter.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Added a UI icon to Void Siphon (buff) so that you’ll know when it’s active.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Void Siphon: Increased buff radius to 8 meters, from 5 meters.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Tether: Increased buff radius to 8 meters, from 5 meters.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Push the Advantage: Greatly increased cooldown of the proc. No longer reduces Swap’s cooldown.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Rout: Improved damage and damage scaling. Now reduces Swap’s energy cost.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Swap: Removed cooldown. Substantially raised energy cost.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Merged Excite and Not of this World into one skill, is now a mastery rank 8 skill.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Riftstorm: Improved damage and damage scaling.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Intangible: Removed weapon requirements, now converts some Aether to Pierce and boosts both Aether and All Damage. Is now a mastery rank 6 skill.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Multitask: Improved damage and damage scaling, bumped up a couple mastery ranks.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Sap: Now available at mastery rank 1.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Inhuman Reflexes: Now available at mastery rank 3.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Added a new skill line: ‘Riftblade’. Basically Phantasmal Blades with Frenetic Throw and some other goodies.[/li]
[li]* Riftstalker - Added a new skill line: ‘Warp’. Basically Shadow Strike without a cooldown and with some other goodies.[/li]
[/ul][ul]
[li]* Outrider - Has been given a facelift.[/li]
[li]* Outrider - Marksman: Now supports 1H and 2H ranged weapons equally. It’s procs will activate with both weapon types (and with dualwield ranged).[/li]
[li]* Outrider - Deleted the dualwield ranged skill line. If you were using it, spec out of it before updating the mod or you will lose your skillpoints![/li]
[li]* Outrider - Deleted Railgun, Gambit of Slaughter, and Alchemical Enhancement.[/li]
[li]* Outrider - Moved Hawkeye up to tier 9 (50/50). Duration increased to 4 seconds.[/li]
[li]* Outrider - Reworked the Autofire skills. They now summon a player-scaling pet with a rifle. This pet gains new skills as you rank up both Autofire and Autofire II.[/li]
[li]* Outrider - Added a new skill line: ‘Chemical Strike’. Summons a ‘flare’ which, after a short delay, will call down a high-damage chemical weapons strike. Timing is a little bit buggy at times and the strike only occurs if there’re enemies around after the delay.[/li]
[/ul]

Edit: Or were you referring to the map? `cause it’s pretty boring right now. It has all of one enemy that has no skills and just punches you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh god, those buffs to Twinning Pt.1-2 and Primordial Transfer are so cute :wink:
And finally old Warp is removed, it was so game breaking to teleport inside dungeons without skeleton key, lol :smiley:
Other changes are very nice too :slight_smile:

So you ended up removing the warp, eh Ceno?

Sadly, i’ve noticed that while you don’t have to do things like teleport through to shortcuts if you don’t want to, the allure to do so when the skill is right there usually wins out due to convenience.

You can teleport past barriers with Swap I always do it and have never used Warp

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I’m not removing it for that reason. Well, not exactly. It just turned out not to be as fun to incorporate into gameplay as I had hoped. It’s clunky to use for its intended purpose, meaning the only real way to use it is to break objectives. Were it more fun to use, I’d have no issues leaving it in.

What i’m wondering - is it possible to make something like Blitz skill with no damage, just to move around without teleporting/going past obstacles? :eek:

From what I’ve noticed, there isn’t any alternate modifier implement on your new Out rider yet?
Kinda Breath of Belgothian (NB) or thunderous Strike (Shaman).

Else, seems like you haven’t implement any supporting/ buff/special perk for the third line on it too.
Or are you looking towards a few of interesting-twisted skill, same as what we’ve seen on Champion third line?

Finally, is there’s any limitation / 101 you guys are following on creating a mastery skill board? Kinda each mastery has to have 180 skill point threshold… Something something…

When you go to work on your world and see this:

:furious:

Well, that’s a setback. Man, I love this world editor. /s

Edit: lol and then it crashed too.

Well at least it got rid of that grave yard area :rolleyes:

Just kidding, that sucks, what happened? Did everything get pulled into the void?

I have legitimately no idea. Turns out not everything may be lost, however, as I still have a compiled map with the area functioning. So if I can successfully decompile the map (with a tool that Crate doesn’t give us >.>) I might be able to salvage some stuff.

…no one will ever know :eek::eek:

Back it up up up

Thats a cool mod, playing it with grimallirion. I noticed one bug with Terror knight. Lust for carnage (celestial power) dont work, i dont get any life/energy regen after killing anything. Tested with 2 handed melee and a staff. If its an instant, energy part is dont work at all.

Just tested it and it works on my end. Are you sure you’re landing a killing blow with the proc itself?

Sorry about the map crash. I can imagine that being a really discouraging blow.:frowning: Hang in there.