[Mod] Central GD-Zenith Thread

Well, you wanted me to post my thoughts here, even though my experience is only with the DAIL Mod version of the Terror Knight.

If you really want Entropic Reign to be a non-sustainable skill, don’t do what you did and make it worth sustaining. :slight_smile:

I had no knowledge or understanding before now that it was not a sustain.
I saw how it’s costs work, and I figure that yeah, that’s a sustain like the buffs at the end of the Solider tree.

I mean, why put something like that at the end of the tree and then not make it a sustain skill like the Solider.

My suggestion is to weaken it significantly and make it into a sustain, or fix it so you can’t sustain it by giving it a duration and a hell of a long cooldown.
Because otherwise, that’s a skill no one in their right mind is going to give up, let alone not work around it’s absurd drain cost.

You created a lot of powerful passives on that tree, and they’re damn amazing, but don’t create an extremely powerful sustainable skill and then state it was never meant to be sustained.

At least make it clear in the description that it’s supposed to be used in a situation where you’ll die a lot faster if you use it. :slight_smile:

Really all I’m reading into that is to jack up the health cost to the point where it’s obvious.

If you want to build your character in such a way that you can sustain the skill, all the power to you. Good luck. Otherwise, characters should flip-flop between using it and not using it. Welcome to build diversity, my man.

And I didn’t want to make it a buff on a time limit. There’s dozens, if not hundreds of those already. That’s boring. This is a buff that gives more control but more risk to the player.

You need to do more than just break the health regeneration to insane levels, you need to make it obvious in the skill description that it was not to be sustained.

I mean no disrespect here, but if I saw in the skill description for it that “This is not meant to be sustained.” Or something like that, I wouldn’t have gone through a lot of Devotion points sustaining it. :slight_smile:

And well, to be frank, I’ve really never heard of a skill that one toggles on and off during a fight. That to me, is as alien of a concept as Non-Euclidean Geometry.

In the end of the day, it’s your skill tree. Do what you want. :slight_smile:
But know that a lot of the power of the Terror Knight is going to be slightly lower.
Not much, since you end up with 95% reduction to a ton of DOTs. :slight_smile:

It’s just that, I’ve never heard of this type of skill, that’s what threw me completely off.
You might as well have written out a sentence to Ancient Sumerian. :slight_smile:

I make boring melee based builds, maybe sometime I’ll try ranged, but I like killing things up and close.
I don’t like making a build that requires more management than Civ 4 with the Revolutions Mod. :slight_smile:

You’re really not going to like the Riftstalker mastery, then. :eek:

I don’t know what that is, but it seems like you turn into one of those Riftstalker hounds. :slight_smile:

Just makes me think of the soul from Rift. Though I’m kind of okay with that. I’m okay with the idea of a temporary toggle as well, but then I’m used to that from Rift as well… (mage Charge toggles).

Except it’s never worth to invest into life-reducing skills in an OHKO-happy environment, even if the bonuses are OP. Dead characters, after all, do 0 damage.
I have yet to see a “blood magic” build archetype in ARPG not being a gimmicky garbage.

Seems to me the problem there is to not make OHKO-happy environments. Which I’m not intending to do anyways.

The only way you can do this is by setting HP in stone for all characters and not allow it to grow (or grow in set intervals regardless of build). Otherwise there always will be situations with “not enough EHP” or “I have too much EHP I literally can’t die too ez shit mod”.

Or make all monsters do % health reduction. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Which I’m not doing)

Mods should make sub forum for this and other big mods so that those teasers and that are easily found for each mod instead of spread out like it currently is…

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

That would be nice.

Would mostly help Cornucopia, I think. Though when it comes to discussing the mods (i.e., character builds, help, etc.) content mods such as this could really use a subforum. But we’re not there yet with this mod, so I don’t care as of yet. I think I’m making due well enough through updating the first post and linking to comments.

Is Banish from the Terror Knight mastery a default attack skill / will it trigger Gore, Lust for Carnage or Carnivorous Slaughter?

Yes it will. :slight_smile:

The skill tooltip will make a note of that in the next version.

Okay thanks, really enjoying the masteries so far! :slight_smile:

And the Outrider, Zenith’s dedicated ranged mastery, has been released!

Previous First-Post content:

[spoiler]Figured I’d give a brief preview of things-to-come for Alpha v0.2 so it doesn’t seem like this project is dead.

v0.2 will feature a couple QoL improvements, most notably providing manually-written information on tooltips where autogeneration failed to deliver:

It will also feature the Outrider mastery:

Sharpshooters. Gunslingers. The assassins of the West carried knives and petty toxins to slay the enemies of the royal houses that had hired them. The assassins of the East deal in alchemically-enhanced lead with vicious muzzle velocities, and serve no order save for their own self-rightousness…or lack thereof. Outriders, they’re called. They’re not heroes, but their stock of lead and hawklike accuracy could prove precisely what mankind needs to take back its planet.

Outriders focus on Vitality, Acid, and Cold Damage being funneled through ranged weapons. They offer a couple utility skills, but primarily will be of interest to those utilizing DW Ranged, 2H Ranged, or 1H Ranged + Shield (NOT an offhand).

For those of you into datamining, you’ll find a couple of my drafts of Lore for the Zenith mod as well as some area names. But don’t expect to see those in-game until I release the map.

Alpha v0.2 is going to take a little while, I think. Jumping in and out of the hospital a bit, so there’s that, and I’ll be trying to push out Cornucopia v0.3.1 before I delve into Outrider. And even then, the Outrider mastery is going to require A LOT of file manipulation. Stay tuned. :)[/spoiler]

Suppressant requires 20 points in the mastery instead of 25.

Thanks, fixed and reuploaded!

Answering this here:

No idea. It wouldn’t make sense to combine it with Cornucopia since Zenith will be replacing the six masteries of GD with six of its own, and will also be replacing all of the items/Devotion nodes/monsters/etc. AND have an entirely different Campaign.

At least merge Corn devotions changes to Zenith.