[Mod] D2 Classes aka Noble Paladin

Nice! Is that possible to bind some devotions skills to javelin with new animation?

Noice mod-

Noticed that the axe mastery for the barb doesnt give the bonus to the two-handed axe, only the single handed ones.

Only for poison javelin (глянь тему у нас :))

Use 2nd column of passives for 2-handed weapons, polearn mastery in particular.

Are the first level Necro skeletons supposed to be pets w/ life bars? I only see it with the skeleton mages

Possibly it is residues from testing.

low the UI scale on settings, so all pets can be seen

8 skeleton, 8 skeleton mages, 20 revived & 4 golems not to mention 2nd masetry pets? No thx. Do You can imagine how small HUD will be?

20 revived, oh lord… I wasn’t expecting that :rolleyes: no pet icons then :smiley:

WARNING, incoming wall of text detected! This is some of my feedback, balance concerns, and bug reports from looking through the mod for a few minutes, I hope that it is helpful.

• Redemption doesn’t list any energy restore, only the health heal. Were you trying to regen a set amount of energy like the health heal? I’m not sure it’s possible, I think you’re only able to do a % energy restore or something like a really short duration high energy regen.
  • For Vengeance wouldn’t it be better to have a 100% chance of one of the three element boosts? The way it is currently each 33% chance is separate, so you could get all of them or even none of them. Depending on how much you’re going for D2 copy.
  • Frost Nova freezing for a full 8 seconds at level 1 seems a bit much, especially when it only chilled in D2.
  • The attack and move speed boosts from Burst of Speed seem very high, unlike in D2 there are caps on these stats that you would trivially hit with the skill alone.
  • Dragon Flight needs the typical charge speed boost, right now it’s a Shadow Strike that moves at normal move speed, which doesn’t really replicate the feel of the teleport that Dragon Flight had.
  • Dragon Tail does the explosion pfx on every enemy hit, instead of just your main target, which makes things a bit difficult to see when you make 5+ enemies explode at once with how bright the explosion is.
  • Iron Skin is bad, like really really bad. It needs either some DA or +armor%, because the amount of flat armor it gives is useless.
  • Double Swing has no weapon damage, so it plain does no damage.
  • Do you think you could add some more description to Find Potion/Item describing how they scale with points? I assume it’s higher chance to find a thing, but no clue as to how much.
  • It would be really sweet if Whirlwind used the same animation as Nightblade’s Whirling Death skill, that would really sell it.
  • Teeth description is “Increases the amount of damage received” which doesn’t seem quite right from my D2 days :D.
  • I would say Jab should use the animation from Nightblade’s Amarasta’s Quick Cut, but I think that would break it for 2-handed weapons unfortunately.
  • Sadly Pierce doesn’t seem to work, I think the projectile pierce stat only works when it’s part of a skill and not as a passive/character stat.
  • Multi-shot is far stronger in GD than D2 since you can actually shotgun the projectiles, but I’m not sure there’s really anything you can do about that. It does also highlight how wonky GD is sometimes with multiple projectile spread.
  • Guided Shot needs a short duration put on the pets it creates, it’s possible to prep a huge salvo ahead of time and let them follow you or blow up a boss. Ditto Bone Spirit.
  • Strafe is really weird, but cool, since I know replicating it exactly isn’t really doable.
  • Golems and especially Revives are painfully slow in movement speed to the point of being useless.
  • Enchant should get an AoE so you can use it to buff your allies as well like in D2.

You’ve done some great work here, many of the skills brought a smile to my face because of how much they reminded me of playing D2 when I was much younger.

Thank You. Most of your feedback will be used for fix and balancing.
Double Swing already fixed.
Whirlwind use Whirling Death animation.

UPD.
Vengeance use separate chances for different elements because cold use with freeze. I can set up “100% one of following” but freeze will be included or separate freeze chance that can apply with fire or lightning, or remove freeze.

Jab and some other skills have TrippleHit animation for dual wield because skills increase number of hits per attack.

Frost Nova deal cold damage in D2 too, I think, i will reduce freeze duration to weak version of Olexra.

I can make Multishot damage depends on distance with new 1009 tech.

Dragon Tail: same as D2. I haven’t less effect now.

Strafe: do we need extra fragments?

Current version updated to v0.6r6.
Changes:
Fixed Redemption.
Added +500% Movement Speed to Dragon Flight.
Added information to Find Potion & Find Item.
Changet template for Pierce. Now It’s WPS-Trigger. Notice, that most Amazon skills in not Defauld attack.
Changed template for Enchant. Now It’s duration buff aura.
Changed Poison Javelin & Plague Javelin animation.
Changed several Necromancer’s curses effects.
Minor undocumented changes.

About Amazon skills. Most of it have OA bonus. I can change templates to scaled attack (like Savagery) to work it. But If skill have Damage convertion that wouldn’t work.

Small teaser

First of all, you are doing a great job !

Just one question (only have a lvl 15 necro) :
Do you think you could make one widget by type of skeletons with the number alive ? I guess GrimDawn core doesn’t allow this :frowning:

Cool, keep it up!

GrimDawn core doesn’t allow this

I noticed the Zeal skill doesn’t give OA or Attack speed boost (at least not in the Character Stats Screen)

Zeal (reworked twice) as some other skills use skill_weaponattack template. Not sure they work propetly with character bonuses.

The yeah the character bonuses that yse the skill_weaponattack template don’t add to the skill sheet. Maybe its a game bug?

I made Zeal work by way of editing the zeal0.dbr, turning the template into Skill_BuffSelfDuration, adding the OA and Attack speed there, linking the autocast from zeal.dbr to it, and setting the autocastcontroller to 100% chance on attack.

A bit messy workaround but it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Many D2 original skills have Attack rating bonus, that replaced by OA. I’m not sure if it’s necessary.

Assign autocast exclude the use of celestial power. On the other hand, this conceptually corresponds to the idea, that new classes came from other reality which have own mythhology.

I believe this may solve the devotion issue:

Create a modifier for Zeal. Give it 1 level and assign 1 level on the character tree.dbr. Assign celestial power to the modifier. Do not create an icon for the modifier on the UI.