[Mod] D2 Classes aka Noble Paladin

Nice idea, but Zeal is not only skill that use autocast. Possible situation where the number of skill slots is over. But I’ll keep it in mind.

You can use an expanded template that has 100 skill slots in it.

zomg i cant believe that

I thought about this option, and he solves the problem in part. Autocast skill is scaled from a dependent skill. If the level of the hidden modifier is 1, then the level of the autocast skill will always be 1. In addition, the hidden skills will not display their bonus values.

There is not HL3, so believe it :smiley:

Now everything is complete. A new update that adds the last class - Druid.

https://yadi.sk/d/SQ9e1ycN3JbxJZ
or

(also avalaible at 1st post)

The next stage is the Global Balance. In a few days I will write the main points I want to discuss.

Sorry, looks like Druid got borked somehow.

EDIT: Strange thing is that Asylum says it works fine on his end. I tried both DL sources to see if there was somehow a difference between them, no luck there.

Sorry, Druid was not avalaible for female character. Already fixed.

What exactly do you mean by “global balance”? Balancing the D2 classes “between each other” or making them comparable to the original GD masteries?

I suggest to balance them towards GD masteries, since your mod can be used in other mastery mods that way.

I’m hoping to be comparable with GD because anything else would be suicidal. To rebalance everything around D2 levels would require an immense amount of work.

Yes, I want make D2 classes comparable to the original GD masteries.
At first, maximum/ultimate skill level tuning. Make some skills as modifiers (firebolt - fireball branch for example). Damage tuning and adding new damage types etc.

Great, you’ll save me alot of time because I planned to balance your masteries in my mod in case you wouldn’t :smiley:

Please read this text on the global balance sheet. It is also procomplete in the second post

Global balance

Now that all 7 classes are more or less completed, it’s time to discuss the balance so that the new classes are organically built into the game and are comparable to the original ones.
Please familiarize yourself with the main list of proposals and express your opinion. In addition, reinforce your proposals with justifications from the original.

[b]1. Global

• Maximum/Ultimate level.[/b] At the moment, for all skills are set levels of 16/20 because Basic items can not get more +4 to all skills.
    Taking into account the possibility of adding items from D2, as well as integration into Reign of Terror, different Skills will need to be reconfigured to the maximum levels of 8-10-12-16 in accordance with the types of skills and their imbalance.
    -Adding new damage types. Since there are no some types in D2 it is necessary to think over the system of integration of missing types of damage.
    -ОА vs. Crit damage, DA vs. Armor. In D2, the attack rating parameter is a direct analog of OA. Quite a lot of attacking skills have bonuses to the attack rating, but the mechanic of the GD can not use a similar bonus directly. In a test order for a few skills of the druid such a bonus is replaced by a bonus to crit damage. The question is generally in the advisability of assigning such bonuses since a large number of them can lead to builds with an overestimated OA parameter. A similar situation with the Defense, in D2 it is both DA and Armor. How and in what ratio is it necessary to adapt the parameter for different skills?
    -Resist. As with the types of damage, but the main issue in the parameter All Resistance. In D2, it includes only 4 types. Do I need to extend the bonus and for which skills?
    Dependence of branches. Do you need to keep the need to open higher active skills at least by one point in the previous ones? In this case, we are talking about those skills that will not be reworked by the skill-modifier principle.
    Feet vs. Meter. In D2, the radius of effects are measured in feet, when translated into meters, they will decrease by a factor of 3. Is it worth it to translate, if so, whether all?

Paladin
-Aura in general.
It is necessary to determine the level of energy reservation and active cost, although this is not the case in D2.
-Might branch, Might vs. Concentration. From a technical point of view, these skills will be equivalent in DG, although Concentration in D2 gives Uninterrupt Chance: 20% which has no equivalent in the DG. The first sentence is to make Concentration a transmutor for a branch. Fanaticism is essentially the averaging of Maight and Blessed Aim, so the second proposal is to redo the entire branch under a single aura.
-Vengeance. To simplify the chance of extra damage mechanics, i can remove freezing.

[b]Sorceress

• Frozen/Shiver/Chilling armor.[/b] Make the entire branch a Skill with two modifiers?
    - Ice ball/ice blast/ glacial spike. Make the entire branch a Skill with two modifiers?
    - Fire bolt/Fireball. Make the branch a Skill with one modifier?
    - Cold/Lightning/Fire mastery. Align bonuses from passives
    - Lightning/Chain lightning. Maybe it’s worth making a Skill branch with a modifier, but lightning has different effects.

[b]Assassin

• Shadow warrior/shadowmaster[/b] Make the Skill with transmuter?
    - Lightning Sentry/Death Sentry. Make the Skill with transmuter?
    - Finishing Moves. Skill from the dragon branch in D2 discharge skills with charges and can finish off the enemy. Do I need to add a chance of a high damage multiplier or a high crit bonus?

[b]Barbarian

• Passives.[/b] Not so trouble but, Barbarian have full skilltab of passives.
    - Warcry. Do I need to merge any warcries into one with modifiers? Most likely Baffling branch.
    - Leap/Leap Attack. Skill with transmuter?
    - Berserker. Do it must debuff own DA or Armor, or both?

[b]Necromancer

• Skeletons.[/b] In general, everything is fine, after the release of the addition of magicians will be divided and spawned randomly out of 4 options. Is not there a lot of 8 skeletons?
    - Revive. And 20 monsters? And what also mobs can be used for this skill?
    - Golems. OH! Is it worth doing one pet with three modifiers and three transmuters? This is the only option to call only one golem, although in D2 you can freely switch between them.
    - Curses. Do I need to merge any curses into one with modifiers?

Amazon
- Javeline. Split the “throwing” poison-electrical branch, while doing poisonous skill + transmuter?
- Fire arrow/Cold Arrow. Make both branches Skill + Modifiers?

[b]Druid

• Spirits.[/b] Make spirits branches Skill + Modifiers?
    - Beasts(Wolves and Bear). Make branch Skill with 2 modifiers and 2 Transmuters eauql to golem?
    - Twister vs. Tornado. Twister is Projectile Skill, Tornado - is Pet, everything okay?

You can also offer your own optimization options for individual skills.
If there is an opportunity to check with http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/ and do not forget to give reasons (for example: Holy Frost can be considered a combination of Veil of Sahdow and Chilling Weapons, from this, you can build proposals for the rocking of damage)

Thanks for reading this google translate text :slight_smile:

Is the sorceresses frozen orb supposed to add any more damage when points are added to it?

Thanks. Frozen orb now scales properly, but i’ll upload it bit later.

Hi,

Same for Hydra. I plan to build a toon around it and I was quite sad when I realise that puting points in Hydra didn’t increase the damages :wink:

There is also some problem with targeting. I tried to play a trap assassin but the Lightning Sentry shot a lot of projectile directly in the ground so it is unplayable. Same for the Poison Javelin and Plague Javelin, they shot projectile in a line and they fly over crowling monsters without touching them :s

And last comment. I tried to play a Hammer paladin, but in GD, there is a lot more walls, in a lot of situations, the hammer disapears without even making a 1/4 turn => I had to play melee if I wanted to use the hammer, and I don’t think it’s what was intended.

v0.7r4

• Fixed Frozen orb damage sclaling
  • Fixed Hydra damage scaling
  • Lightning sentry projectile reworked
  • Death sentry reworked projectile and corpse explosion (20% chance of use Necromancer’s corpse explosion)
    -Poison and Plague javelin projectile reworked

Thanks for feedback.
There is specific of GD architecture and Blessed hammer could be inconvenient for use.

Started a classic necromancer and some initial feedback, could you change the behavior of the skeletons? Each time a new enemy is seen, they all stand still and to a small dance step with their heads and growling before going in for the kill.

Also is it possible to make them more aggressive as the default option? Prefereably if an enemy is seen on the screen run towards it directly.

Yes. Since skeletons havn’t widget i can set only one behavior controller. Currently it set to normal. Until you can use Pet Attack command.

Actually, it has nothing to do with the controller. In “Monster Parameters”, just set alertAnimChance and rallyAnimChance to 0.

Skeletons based on Raise Skeleton devotion. I’m not sure need to touch, what works correctly.